Championship, Gmm Box, Etc How And Where To Watch?

fletchsmile

OK so after relegation for Bolton last season life has taken a bit of a turn for the worse.

A few questions if anyone can help on any of them:

1) How can I watch Championship matches?

2) Is there a TV schedule for games shown on which channels?

3) We have a GMM Box, bought for Euro 2012. I believe they should be having Championship matches. Anyone know any more? Particularly channels/ schedules?

4) We're in Thailand now so in interested in the above for Thailand. But we'll be moving to Vietnam soon for a couple of years. Does anyone have any ideas for watching Championsip in Hanoi?

5) Does a GMM Box work in Vietnam?

Cheers and best wishes to everyone for a great season.

Fletch:)

BTW Crossbar on Sukhumvit 23, opposite Chokchai Steakhouse, are showing 2 Championship games tonight. As Wolves got relegated too, Brian the landlord is very understanding:

6.45 Wolves v Leeds

9pm Burnley v Bolton

The above is in addition to most of the Premiership games of course, as he's got several all new HD boxes in ready for start of the season.

:)

BTW Crossbar on Sukhumvit 23, opposite Chokchai Steakhouse, are showing 2 Championship games tonight. As Wolves got relegated too, Brian the landlord is very understanding:

6.45 Wolves v Leeds

9pm Burnley v Bolton

The above is in addition to most of the Premiership games of course, as he's got several all new HD boxes in ready for start of the season.

smile.png

Leeds are at home BTW. But main point is just to pooint out that I have posted how to get the info on Championship match programming on the other thread cross-referenced above. Thanks for posting guys - I had forgotten to look into the Championship match svchedule until 20 minutes ago.

Anyone know about Italian and German leagues on GMM?

Leeds are at home BTW. But main point is just to pooint out that I have posted how to get the info on Championship match programming on the other thread cross-referenced above. Thanks for posting guys - I had forgotten to look into the Championship match svchedule until 20 minutes ago.

Anyone know about Italian and German leagues on GMM?

Cheers for the website link Santisuk, got the Wolves game on at home now, and will be out at Crossbar for Bolton later.

I'd done a couple of Google's and looked on their main website for TV but didn't find that. Looks like GMM are slowly getting their act together. Not a great scheduling, but a start. The kids aren't happy though as GMM have had issues sending the signal for Nick Jnr (kid's channel) for last couple of weeks. When we called they just in said Thai that it's "developing".

BTW Do you have any idea if the GMM box works outside Thailand, assuming you have a splitter etc and tweak it as we've all had to?

Two threads running with similar purpose.

French Ligue 1 is live on GMM Z Sport.

Given that there was talk around the time of the Euros that True signal can be ripped in Laos and Cambodia (by implication not in Hanoi) and the fact that the satellite position is similar (the same?) and the signal is a similar code (geeks can laugh at my lack of tech knowledge) I would think there is a fair chance that the GMM signal will stretch to Laos and Cambodia (but maybe not Hanoi) also. Could be worth using a compass to note your Thailand dish attitude, taking your dish and box to Hanoi and trying it out at ground level. That, or search for a Vietnam expats' website and enquire there.

Yes - you are right - Nick Jr seems to have disappeared. Shame - the content provider probably finally caught up with GMM! (its often part of premium packages in other countries).

"GMM Sport - everyone can wash" (as the Thai announcer says). Should be "GMM - <deleted> can everyone watch today?". Free - so mustn't grumblebiggrin.png

Two threads running with similar purpose.

I was hoping to get a few ideas for the Championship and also for Vietnam generally, so was looking much wider in scope. That's why GMM was only number 3 on the list, as one possible idea. Seems like people's main solution tho' smile.png

..... the fact that the satellite position is similar (the same?) and the signal is a similar code (geeks can laugh at my lack of tech knowledge) I would think there is a fair chance that the GMM signal will stretch to Laos and Cambodia (but maybe not Hanoi) also. Could be worth using a compass to note your Thailand dish attitude, taking your dish and box to Hanoi and trying it out at ground level. That, or search for a Vietnam expats' website and enquire there.

Yes - you are right - Nick Jr seems to have disappeared. Shame - the content provider probably finally caught up with GMM! (its often part of premium packages in other countries).

"GMM Sport - everyone can wash" (as the Thai announcer says). Should be "GMM - <deleted> can everyone watch today?". Free - so mustn't grumblebiggrin.png

Yes similar reasoning here.

Was thinking of taking the GMM box to try, as they are quite small and easy to carry around, and as you say at THB 1500 pretty cheap. If it works I'd buy a second one, so we have one in Vietnam and one here in Thailand for when we're back visiting. Maybe even a 3rd, as if Nick Jnr comes back, there could be a fight for football vs Dora the Explorer now the season is underway. Will also have to look into a way to ensure that Thai lakorn/ soaps get blocked smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

It's a complete <deleted> up! After around 3hrs of conversations with their call centre (Who initially denied any champ games on this week) it appears only GMM sport Z is available.

They have not designed a sports package as yet or decided on a price for GMM sport one! Some championship games and Bundesliga games are shown on this channel as well as GMM Z sport.

If you registered the box before 21st June you can get GMM Z sport. Otherwise you will have to wait for them to pull their finger out. Kicked off a stink today and they revealed the only way you could have got the full package was to buy it with a samung TV!!! Got GMM Z working, but no GMM sport one until around October. The website does give a half decent live stream for the Sport one channel.

You would have thought packages and prices would have been sorted by the time the season started! God help us if these muppets get the EPL rights!

It's a complete <deleted> up! After around 3hrs of conversations with their call centre (Who initially denied any champ games on this week) it appears only GMM sport Z is available.

They have not designed a sports package as yet or decided on a price for GMM sport one! Some championship games and Bundesliga games are shown on this channel as well as GMM Z sport.

If you registered the box before 21st June you can get GMM Z sport. Otherwise you will have to wait for them to pull their finger out. Kicked off a stink today and they revealed the only way you could have got the full package was to buy it with a samung TV!!! Got GMM Z working, but no GMM sport one until around October. The website does give a half decent live stream for the Sport one channel.

You would have thought packages and prices would have been sorted by the time the season started! God help us if these muppets get the EPL rights!

Absolutely, pray it stays with True. Competition is a good thing but not if the competitor is a rank amateur.

Been in Hanoi a few days now. The serviced apartment we're staying in has a couple of Thai channels as well as True Sports 1 and 4. So at least some football: Spurs v WBA was tonight, although no Championship.

I looked at the connection on the TV. It looks like a normal TV aerial connection, rather than a cable TV connection. The GMMbox wouldn't fit this. We looked at a few other apartments that have cable connections, so will hang onto the box here and try it if I get a chance somewhere else.

On other alternatives, a friend mentioned using Sky in UK.

They have something called SkyGo which is free for Sky Subscribers. This gives access to various UK channels. It is supposed to be for people in the UK who have a UK subscription and use internet. If you use an overseas IP connection it doesn't work. However, if you know someone in the UK who has Sky, and use their subscription details + you use software to hide your IP apparently this can work...

As Vietnam has excellent internet compared to Thailand I'll look into this when I get time. Most places here have free wifi, including cafes, hotels etc. The download speed I was getting earlier in the apartment was 30 - 40 Mbs+. This compares to a miserly 4Mbs+ in Bangkok, even though we subsribe for 8Mbs. On the uploads here I get 10Mbs+ but in BKK am lucky to get anywhere near 1Mbs.

So if anyone has any other internet based suggestions for Championship football....

You should try the-streaming-lounge.co.uk or google a website called wiziwig. Both usually have good streams for championship games.

Had some success with wiziwig tonight. So cheers for the idea. Have been having problems with the internet connection though as have moved to a new apartment. The internet quality is Thailand standards rather than Vietnam.

I also tried the streaming lounge. It just seemed to be forums, is there actual streaming on there somewhere?