Npower Championship On Gmm

bangkok blue

Erata

Cardiff v Huddersfield - played last night; Cardiff squeaked it over the Yorkshire new boys unfortunately

Leeds v Wolves 18:45

Burnley v Bolton 21:00

There is a programme guide (lists "nPower Championship Live" in English, but not which game) for GMM Sport here:

http://www.gmmsport.com/home.php

You have to wait for the relevant screen on their homepage slideshows to get a clue as to who is playing live when and use that in conjunction with the fixtures list on BBC Sport or similar.

Still no charge - that was 1,500 baht well spent and since the Euros I've watched occasional bits of US comedy and drama and a film or two (Warner TV), animals (Nat Geo Wild) and kids TV with the little un (Nickelodeon Junior), Man U fans should know that MUTV also plays on GMM Club channel 388.

It's a lot easier to watch since I bought a cable splitter and made up a couple of short coax cables to toggle between True and GMM (the local satellite shop, reinforced by my wife told me I was wrong to think it would work - bloody typical 'stupid foreigner-knows-nothing attitude).

I assume that there is a Eurosport channel program guide somewhere on the internet - haven't bothered as my experience of Eurosport is that it has mostly fringe sports on - the sort of stuff that hooks you at 1am in the morning (after a beer or two) and leaves you with a "why did I bother" TV hangover the following am.

The good news is that based on an exam of the True Visions guide, the EPL is getting the same extensive coverage on TSP this season.* Lets enjoy while we can

* Anyone who doubts that we are privileged to have TSP in Thailand should note as a 'fer instance' the Arsenal v Sunderland game is not on UK TV today (according to Arsenal.com)

Edited by SantiSuk

Erata

Cardiff v Huddersfield - played last night; Cardiff squeaked it over the Yorkshire new boys unfortunately

Leeds v Wolves 18:45

Burnley v Bolton 21:00

There is a programme guide (lists "nPower Championship Live" in English, but not which game) for GMM Sport here:

http://www.gmmsport.com/home.php

You have to wait for the relevant screen on their homepage slideshows to get a clue as to who is playing live when and use that in conjunction with the fixtures list on BBC Sport or similar.

Still no charge - that was 1,500 baht well spent and since the Euros I've watched occasional bits of US comedy and drama and a film or two (Warner TV), animals (Nat Geo Wild) and kids TV with the little un (Nickelodeon Junior), Man U fans should know that MUTV also plays on GMM Club channel 388.

It's a lot easier to watch since I bought a cable splitter and made up a couple of short coax cables to toggle between True and GMM (the local satellite shop, reinforced by my wife told me I was wrong to think it would work - bloody typical 'stupid foreigner-knows-nothing attitude).

I assume that there is a Eurosport channel program guide somewhere on the internet - haven't bothered as my experience of Eurosport is that it has mostly fringe sports on - the sort of stuff that hooks you at 1am in the morning (after a beer or two) and leaves you with a "why did I bother" TV hangover the following am.

The good news is that based on an exam of the True Visions guide, the EPL is getting the same extensive coverage on TSP this season.* Lets enjoy while we can

* Anyone who doubts that we are privileged to have TSP in Thailand should note as a 'fer instance' the Arsenal v Sunderland game is not on UK TV today (according to Arsenal.com)

Are you still getting Nick Jnr? Ours has cut out for a week or so now?

:)

Sound level still has same problem as EURO12. You can get english commentary when you put audio to right, thai is left. But english go up and down all the time. When thai guy talks, english go down. VERY annoying!

Here are channellists, click on channel and you get what is live today. And ofcourse change date and you see what is coming

http://www.gmmsport.com/channels.php

I notice that some French Ligue 1 matches are now also being shown on GMM Sport (Saturday overnight and Sunday). Sorry if I distracted some people by saying that the live nPower games are on GMM Sport 1 channel - can't remember whether I said that here or on the other thread of similar purpose (Mr Bo - please close one and cross-refer). I missed a few minutes of the Leeds game myself, watching some motor sport and wondering why not on. Eventually found it on GMM-Z Sport

Hint: you can toggle between right and left audio channels to get Thai language or English language (if broadcast) by pressing the 'Audio' button - bottom centre of your GMM remote. No need to go long-winded thru' the menu or pres the digit code (that I have forgotten now anyway). Most will have figured this out already.

Some Bundesliga, Npower champ and Ligue 1 games on GMM Sport One and GMM Z Sport. However new customers cannot subscribe or receive GMM Sport One as they have not designed a sports package or decided on prices yet! Muppets!

Re: GMM SPORT ONE.

I actually bought the GMM Box before the Euros. Tried to register at the time but the line was busy - then didn't bother as I could see the Euros anyway. Now I'm told that since I didn't register before June 23rd I cannot watch GMM SPORT ONE. Absolutely brilliant: I have the box but have to watch this channel on the internet!

Apparently something to do with permission/national telecoms commission/pricing package blablablah

They said they would give an update in October.

The link on the Sport Live schedule shows for some games it will be broadcast on GMM SPORT ONE/MODERN 9. Haven't checked MODERN 9 - is this a workaround to the GMM SPORT ONE problem I wonder...

Some Bundesliga, Npower champ and Ligue 1 games on GMM Sport One and GMM Z Sport. However new customers cannot subscribe or receive GMM Sport One as they have not designed a sports package or decided on prices yet! Muppets!

Re: GMM SPORT ONE.

I actually bought the GMM Box before the Euros. Tried to register at the time but the line was busy - then didn't bother as I could see the Euros anyway. Now I'm told that since I didn't register before June 23rd I cannot watch GMM SPORT ONE. Absolutely brilliant: I have the box but have to watch this channel on the internet!

Apparently something to do with permission/national telecoms commission/pricing package blablablah

They said they would give an update in October.

The link on the Sport Live schedule shows for some games it will be broadcast on GMM SPORT ONE/MODERN 9. Haven't checked MODERN 9 - is this a workaround to the GMM SPORT ONE problem I wonder...

It is ridiculous. I had a box for use in the GF's village which I brought back to Phuket for the sole purpose of watching The Championship. Hadn't registered but got the GF to ring yesterday. Converstaion went something like this:

I want the sport channels.

Yes, press 398

That is Z Sport. I want Sport One

Cannot

Why?

Cannot

Why do some people have this channel and other people can't?

30 day free trial.

Well, can I have a 30 day free trial?

Cannot.

When can I watch Sport One?

Come soon.

For those people excited by the competition for True provided by GMMZ, I think you are somewhat premature. They are a bunch of amateurs. At the moment this box is only of use to Thais and is a complete waste of money for non-Thai speakers. No English option on the phone either.

I'm going to try again tomorrow. No doubt I'll get the same answer but the opportunity to watch Charlton Athletic on TV in Thailand is a rare one and I'll do my utmost to watch the game.

New slogan for GMMZ "Everyone can watch...........provided you registered before June 23rd"

Edited by madmitch

TIT. Must be the only country in the world where a TV operator runs programs but will not let you watch them no matter how much you pay! Bunch of to$$ers.

Why not stop being mad, Mitch, and get even. See if you can find the details for the EPL franchising authority and write a letter to them (copy to the Chairman of GMM Group) setting out the stupidity of your situation and concluding that the EPL would be crazy to let these monkeys loose on the TV rights of such an important competition. Quote the URL of this thread and ask them to look at what the expat community in Thialand thinks of the existing franchisee and the ridiculous upstart.

I suspect there may be other journo organs in the Uk that might pick up this story on a "crazy but true" heading.

Edited by SantiSuk

OK, last question. I have given up on trying to get the channel I want.

There has been mention that there's live streaming on the website. It's not the most user-friendly site. Anyone know where I might find this tomorrow?

After all this I know Charlton will lose.

And SantiSuk, excellent idea. I'll work on this. I'm sure I can find an email address for Richard Scudamore. I'll go right to the top!