Ed Visa - Can You Switch Back To A Tourist Visa

Hi,

I've been here about 9 months and i'm here for about another 6-8 months. I got the ed visa a few months back and recently renewed it for the first time at immigration giving me another 3 months.

It made sense to do it to get to learn the language as i was interested in that and also to save me doing border runs was a nice added bonus but to be honest I've got to the stage where i don't look forward to having to go each week and just don't enjoy learning it anymore. I still like learning when i'm out by practicing with what i have learned and learning that way but i'm just not into the set schedule and homework right now as i'm also studying learning programming languages and putting a lot of time into that and when im really focused on something i lose interest in other things. I'm not looking to get my $$ back from the company or anything all i'm wondering about is how would i go about switching back to the tourist visa?

1 - Will this cause hassle with immigration that i haven't completed the 1 year?

2 - I've just renewed my last visa about 2 weeks ago, if i stop going to class now do i immediately give up my visa or whats the best way to handle it?

3 - When i'm due to renew my visa the next time do i need to get my ed visa cancelled first?

4 - Because ill be here 1 year in November does that pose any issues with getting a tourist visa, is there a limit of how many they'll give you and does my ed visa complicate this further? I'm renting the current place until March next year so im stuck on a contract but i dont want to leave, i really like it here i would just prefer to cancel the ed visa and do the border runs instead if possible.

Any help is very much appreciated

No problem but suspect you should visit immigration to cancel your current 90 day extension with a letter from school of ending attendance I suspect and leave that day or next to obtain the tourist visa.

1. No.

2. As above I believe.

3. Cancel as said before leaving for new visa.

4. I would get a two entry tourist visa from Laos if you do not have a passport full of them already rather than making 15 day border runs.

Thanks Lopburi, your always a big help tongue.png

Sounds good so, i guess ill contact the school and arrange for it to be cancelled. Will definitely be going for single or double entry visa in Laos, was just concerned that there is a limit on them, i used up a single entry and used one of my 2 double entries already and then applied for the tourist visa so i guess by the sounds of it there should be no problem.