Good Hotel In Cm

whistleblower

There are very very few hotels(proper) inside the city walls, probably due to the height restrictions. Just outside the walls(within 200m) there are quite a few. Duangtawan, La Meridian, Amora. There are some smaller resort-like places within the wall/moat. The Rim looks very nice(west side of the city on the moat).

Are you looking for anything in particular? There are quite of few offerings here that are very nice, but wouldn't fall into the proper definition of "hotel"

There are very very few hotels(proper) inside the city walls, probably due to the height restrictions. Just outside the walls(within 200m) there are quite a few. Duangtawan, La Meridian, Amora. There are some smaller resort-like places within the wall/moat. The Rim looks very nice(west side of the city on the moat).

Are you looking for anything in particular? There are quite of few offerings here that are very nice, but wouldn't fall into the proper definition of "hotel"

Actually just a clean hotel/small resort Its not for holiday. I will be going up there next week to visit a few customers. Going alone so not fussed about the facilities.

There are very very few hotels(proper) inside the city walls, probably due to the height restrictions.

There are loads.

Due to height restrictions they're more likely to be boutique hotels and bed & breakfast places. But those really do qualify as proper hotels, unless the definition of a hotel includes that it needs to go 15 floors into the sky and have a ballroom sized lobby.

Tip: www.gordchiangmai.com

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Just because you chose to bring it up....

You specifically had to class them as:

boutique hotels and bed & breakfast places.

meaning they are not the standard hotel. Thanks for proving my point.

But yes, there are many smaller places that will offer everything you need in a place to stay.

Edited by CMSteve

There are very very few hotels(proper) inside the city walls, probably due to the height restrictions.

There are loads.

Due to height restrictions they're more likely to be boutique hotels and bed & breakfast places. But those really do qualify as proper hotels, unless the definition of a hotel includes that it needs to go 15 floors into the sky and have a ballroom sized lobby.

Looked interesting but where is it. Hard to read dark blue lettering on a black background.

Surprising any one could be that dumb but also surprising that they also printed it in Thai. A surprising place.

I am interested as I have a boy coming to visit for a few weeks around Loi Kertong. it will be his fifth visit and he is interested in Upgrading his lodgings. He walks a lot and knows the old city pretty good. So I am just looking at options for him. Keeps me walking to. I think he was looking at 800 baht a nite.

There are loads.

Looked interesting but where is it. Hard to read dark blue lettering on a black background.

Surprising any one could be that dumb but also surprising that they also printed it in Thai. A surprising place.

I am interested as I have a boy coming to visit for a few weeks around Loi Kertong. it will be his fifth visit and he is interested in Upgrading his lodgings. He walks a lot and knows the old city pretty good. So I am just looking at options for him. Keeps me walking to. I think he was looking at 800 baht a nite.

Who is dumb? When I open the page there is no black. Not hard to read and it is in both Thai and English and the English is first. What page are you looking at?

Direction Instruction for your Taxi driver: Gord ChiangMai, next to Pan Van Temple (Wat-Pan-Van), close to Chiang Mai Gate Fire Station.

กอดเชียงใหม่อยู่ข้างวัดพันแหวนในซอยที่ติดกับสถานีดับเพลิงประตูเชียงใหม่

MSPain

Edited by hml367

It's here map

Looks like there "special price" right now is: 990B and goes up to 1190B in October.

There are loads.

I have before, and will continue to recommend the Viang Mantra behind the the old montri. Inside of the old city, walking to tapae gate.....150 meters. Very quiet. Kuhn Joy is the manager and all is good there. Email here for a better rate than the published. Usually around 1500 bht per night. I have no affiliation with said hotel just, happy to recommend as I know it is enjoyable.

I will be coming back to Chiang Mai in October and will stay at the Centara Duangtawan for 5 nights then move into a rented Condo, this will be the 5th time that I have stayed at the Duangtawan and each time there as been great service, friendly staff and for no problems.

I got to know the night security guards as I came back to the hotel after nights out, one of the traditions when I was gangway staff on ships in the Aussie Navy was to bring the gangway staff pizzas or any such foods. One night I bought some Burger King and also some Pad Tha gave it to the night staff inside and outside the hotel and they did not know what was happening but a mate of mine did translate for me, was funny and they said they were thankfull for the food.