Drinks & Smokes

Rooo

Yep packet of LM blue was 58bt now 66bt a rise of nearly 14%, yes lets batter the smokers and drinkers its always the easy target, i guess the money must be going to the National Health Service or it would if they had one

Only an expat would complain about an increase to 66 baht! What is a packet of the vile things in the UK..over 300 baht equivalent? biggrin.png

Yep packet of LM blue was 58bt now 66bt a rise of nearly 14%, yes lets batter the smokers and drinkers its always the easy target, i guess the money must be going to the National Health Service or it would if they had one

Only an expat would complain about an increase to 66 baht! What is a packet of the vile things in the UK..over 300 baht equivalent? biggrin.png

So you think all the Thai smokers will be happy. and please don't turn this into an anti smoking thread based on your own opinions, its about the economy, taxes etc.

I am told that it is about 8 GBP now ( nearer 400 baht)

So you think all the Thai smokers will be happy. and please don't turn this into an anti smoking thread based on your own opinions, its about the economy, taxes etc.

I would have thought that you might have worked out that the "laughter emoticon' denotes that i wasn't being very serious!

My fags have gone up from 390 to 450 baht a carton...w00t.gif at my local Thai shop... 48 from 42 baht, if you buy one pack... I hate to think what 7-11 price would be now...blink.png

I smoke the cheap brands then don't burn my money up so fast! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy

I never understand why people pay out good money to kill themselves it would be cheaper to jump of the bridge better than a long lingering death smoking a cancer stick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R.I.P

Personally i would say its far more risky to your health riding a motorbike on the island, with or without a helmet. i don't smoke but just my opinion.

I never understand why people pay out good money to kill themselves it would be cheaper to jump of the bridge better than a long lingering death smoking a cancer stick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R.I.P

Personally i would say its far more risky to your health riding a motorbike on the island, with or without a helmet. i don't smoke but just my opinion.

Would agree I have a Honda Phantom always wear a helmet and have 4,000 bt international insurance that covers everything but I would rather risk riding my bike than wake up every morning coughing shit up knowing I am killing myself !!!!!! As Samui jimmie says we all die sometime and only the fella upstairs knows when that is going to happen !!!!!!!

"The number of smokers should drop by between 60,000 and 70,000," said the foundation's deputy manager, Supreeda Adulyanon.

Do people actually believe that increasing the price of a packet of fags by 3 - 14 baht, will mean that 60,000 - 70,000 people will stop smoking?

I do not think so. During a news item on the 'blank' packaging laws about to be introduced in Australia - the only thing that has made a significant drop in smokers is restricting where they can smoke. ie all public buildings,work place, restaurants, bars etc etc.

Sorry - another significant drop is caused by death.whistling.gif