Yingluck To Give Speeches At U.N. Meetings; Possible U.K. Visit In The Pipeline

webfact

PM to give speeches at UN meetings; possible UK visit in the pipeline

The Nation

30188840-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is to visit the United States next month and will deliver a speech at the United Nations headquarters, Foreign Minister Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said on Wednesday.

On September 25, as part of her five-day official visit, which starts two days earlier, Yingluck will speak about women's rights at the UN at the invitation of UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon.

The speech is on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meeting, which will officially open on September 18.

On September 27, Yingluck will give a speech at the General Assembly meeting as also hold bilateral meetings with leaders of other countries to boost cooperation and relations.

The Board of Investment will hold a Business Lunch with US businessmen to restore their confidence in Thailand. The luncheon will be chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Kittirat Na Ranong and Industry Minister MR Pongsawat Sawasdiwat.

Surapong added that the Thai and United Kingdom governments are working out a plan for Yingluck to visit London also in September. The Thai premier would prefer the visit to London to take place just before she travels to New York. He noted that the Thai government may have to postpone the UK visit if it has to take place after the US trip.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-22

• Like 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Tube keep ready!

It should be very interesting when she gives her speech, especially if it is in English laugh.png

" On September 27, Yingluck will give a speech at the General Assembly meeting as also hold bilateral meetings with leaders of other countries to boost cooperation and relations."

It,s a pity it wasn,t this month as she could have been a star attraction at the Edinburgh festival

marshbags cheesy.gif

• Like 2

No please don't.

For the women of Thailand sake, haven't they suffered enough already?

But what could go wrong, she has her Brother writing her speech

eg.

oh ummm but no nong khup no you but you know well it's not like that

no no no you not understand I well but you see no no you not know me

nong khup 500 baht no no no but you not know me if me yes but maybe.........

Sounds like you're a touch jealous. Maybe not, as I just realised what a great job you do on TV.

I thought there was no future planning by Thai's but it's a great plan to visit London first before going on to New York as Harrods and the other Knightsbridge shops may not have all the goodies required, so she can mop up the required bits and pieces in New York on the way home.

What I'd pay to see. Her giving her speech in the UK in her strangled English, and someone in the audience putting up their hand to pose a question. The mike is presented, and "Excuse me but what did you say?"

U.S..... U.K.... and now Myanmar.... September seems to be another month for her not to be in Thailand...

BANGKOK, Aug 22 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to visit Myanmar next month to discuss the development of the Dawei deep-sea port project with the Myanmar president, Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Wednesday.

Surapong said the premier will meet with President Thein Sein during her Sept 13-15 visit.

http://www.mcot.net/cfcustom/cache_page/403845.html

I feel something good about to happen for Thailand. From Wikipedia "...In the evening of 19 September 2006, while Thaksin was visiting New York City, US, to attend a United Nations summit and speak at the Council on Foreign Relations, the army took control of Bangkok ..."

The same month but 6 years later. It would great! Cheers.

You're mentally deficient if you want massive civil unrest.....................

• Like 2

I feel something good about to happen for Thailand. From Wikipedia "...In the evening of 19 September 2006, while Thaksin was visiting New York City, US, to attend a United Nations summit and speak at the Council on Foreign Relations, the army took control of Bangkok ..."

Since when has the massive unrest in Thailand ever been "civil" ???

• Like 2

Give her a chance. Let's see what she has to say and hopefully she will speak in Thai. However am wondering about the content of her speech, women's rights……hmm let's explore the LOS's record on protecting women and girls from exploitation/trafficking.

U.S..... U.K.... and now Myanmar.... September seems to be another month for her not to be in Thailand...

BANGKOK, Aug 22 - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is scheduled to visit Myanmar next month to discuss the development of the Dawei deep-sea port project with the Myanmar president, Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Wednesday.

Surapong said the premier will meet with President Thein Sein during her Sept 13-15 visit.

http://www.mcot.net/...age/403845.html

Since Thailand already has two Prime Ministers, the local one and the far one, maybe Thaksin should do the overseas work and leave Yingluck to run the country with no excuses for absence from the house. She is a hard working lady with precious little time for her family and she has a young son who needs the support of his mother, even if it is discussing rice pledging and high speed train sets with him over dinner..

And after all, the rest of the running of the country is in the hands of family or cronies, so why not let Mr Thaksin have the position of offshore Prime Minister. He is smart, erudite in things financial and would be perfect to represent the Kingdom in a constructive way.

Let's see if it can happen

• Like 1

It's not a uniquely red thing.

• Like 1

watch for something to happen here in Thailand with her being out of country for a week

This is NOT going to happen!

Wanna bet ..?? She has to go to the USA to make amends for the scew ups of Big Bother... Sorry Brother

watch for something to happen here in Thailand with her being out of country for a week

This is NOT going to happen!

Wanna bet ..?? She has to go to the USA to make amends for the scew ups of Big Bother... Sorry Brother

Nah, nothing will happen. It's not as if people think it is SHE who is in charge her anyway! She barely attends anything here in the first place.

You Tube keep ready!

It should be very interesting when she gives her speech, especially if it is in English laugh.png

" On September 27, Yingluck will give a speech at the General Assembly meeting as also hold bilateral meetings with leaders of other countries to boost cooperation and relations."

It,s a pity it wasn,t this month as she could have been a star attraction at the Edinburgh festival

marshbags cheesy.gif

Even better she could have met Big Bother .. sorry again Brother personally and had a shpping spree in the Big Apple ...