Air Asia Ticket Office At Chiang Mai Airport

PostmanPat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are like Ryanair, but without the charm and the customer-centred ethos....wink.png

Yep http://www.dailymail...e_news_rss_feed

I use all domestic airlines except Orient Thai and have never had a problem with Air Asia........strange. huh.png

Have you ever used Air Asia?

Twice I have had connecting flights canceled and found my self waiting another four hours.

Once I was not in very good physical condition and asked for a wheel chair in Bangkok. On arrival there I was told I would have to wait half a hour.

What passes for hostesses on other air lines is out and out sales people on Air Asia.

As I said I booked Bangkok air for a 280baht more than Air Asia. I can sit in the Lounge have a sandwich some juice before I get on the plane and when I get on I will receive service plus, not that it matters this time 20 kilos of luggage. It is only a three day trip

I choose to not abuse myself just to save 280 baht on a 4,000 baht round trip.wai.gif

I can sit in the Lounge have a sandwich some juice before I get on the plane

I find that near impossible in Chiang Mai. Everytime I've tried to go in there, its fully packed with no seats available. Even standing in there trying to have a sandwich is a very unpleasant experience. 100's of little uncontrolled european kids running around and making noise like wild banshees. I'd rather buy a nice delicious burger and sit in the Burger King.

The Bangkok Air lounge in BKK is not much better. They should have a dedicated, sound proof room to lock up up all the euro-trash children. Again, I much prefer to pay for a bit of Popeye's chicken and eat in the food court. Sure the little wild euro children are there too, but its sooo much easier to trip them as the little bastards go running by.

-Mestizo

Edited by Mestizo

they are like Ryanair, but without the charm and the customer-centred ethos....wink.png

Yep http://www.dailymail...e_news_rss_feed

I use all domestic airlines except Orient Thai and have never had a problem with Air Asia........strange. huh.png

Have you ever used Air Asia?

Have you read my quote?

Use it often domestically and twice return to UK, when they operated to Stanstead, n e v e r h a d a p r o b l e m.......

I know some people have, but I haven't......sorry. wai.gif

Edited by uptheos

I can sit in the Lounge have a sandwich some juice before I get on the plane

I find that near impossible in Chiang Mai. Everytime I've tried to go in there, its fully packed with no seats available. Even standing in there trying to have a sandwich is a very unpleasant experience. 100's of little uncontrolled european kids running around and making noise like wild banshees. I'd rather buy a nice delicious burger and sit in the Burger King.

The Bangkok Air lounge in BKK is not much better. They should have a dedicated, sound proof room to lock up up all the euro-trash children. Again, I much prefer to pay for a bit of Popeye's chicken and eat in the food court. Sure the little wild euro children are there too, but its sooo much easier to trip them as the little bastards go running by.

-Mestizo

Go earlier.

I agree I would rather have a whopper but it is not conducive to y physical well being. (well once in a while)

I think if you sit in the loading gate area you will find even more children. Bangkok area does not have a exclusive on euro-trash children. In fact you are more likely to find them at the Cheap Charley air lines.

Was that a one time event or every time event. Every time means more than once.

Was that a one time event or every time event. Every time means more than once.

Yes, multiple times. I am a frequent business traveller. Unfortunately like many businesses in today's economy, the travel policy of the multinational I work for requires us to travel with low cost option provided by the travel tool we utilize. That means that often times I am flying on a non- Star Alliance airline where I do not status. Alot of times Bangkok Air turns up as the lowest cost connection thru Bangkok. I do occasionally fly Air Asia out of policy, as it has a direct connection to Kuala Lumpur (where we have an office that I would out of).

On a related side note, I am quickly becoming a big fan of Korean Air. The CNX - ICN direct flight has been turning up as one of the cheaper options for my travels to Seoul. The great thing about Korean Air, is they allow you to spend 4000 points to gain access to the lounge. Getting to the Korean Air Lounge a bit early when leaving Seoul, provides a great opportunity to shower up, eat some dinner, and catch up on last minute emails. No need to have status on Korean, just cash in 4000 points.

-Mestizo

Open at 14:00. What's the problem? Why should she open 15 minutes early from her break?

Correct, same as Immigration don't open the door until it's time, no matter how many are queueing outside.

fair enough but the point is she could smile and say 'kotod open 2pm' Thais nearly always forget the first bit which would really help

Open at 14:00. What's the problem? Why should she open 15 minutes early from her break?

Correct, same as Immigration don't open the door until it's time, no matter how many are queueing outside.

fair enough but the point is she could smile and say 'kotod open 2pm' Thais nearly always forget the first bit which would really help

Like immigration? wink.png

The difference here is that CM Immigration is providing a service that in most cases is mandatory -- that we are compelled to use or risk breaking the law. We have no recourse but to submit. Air Asia on the other hand, are providing a service to customers who are free to choose other modes of transportation or other air carriers. If I had a personal interest in Air Asia or was a stock holder in the company and wanted to see many happy Air Asia customers to ensure a nice dividend on my investment, I'd be VERY interested on why this employee exhibited and provided such poor customer service.

• Like 1

The difference here is that CM Immigration is providing a service that in most cases is mandatory -- that we are compelled to use or risk breaking the law. We have no recourse but to submit. Air Asia on the other hand, are providing a service to customers who are free to choose other modes of transportation or other air carriers. If I had a personal interest in Air Asia or was a stock holder in the company and wanted to see many happy Air Asia customers to ensure a nice dividend on my investment, I'd be VERY interested on why this employee exhibited and provided such poor customer service.

Well, obviously she's not a stock holder.

Also, fine, the person may be on break. But don't sit down in the seat in front of the service window and proceed to ignore everyone.

Furthermore as I mentioned above, Nok has 4 counters. 2 is not enough and running just one is a joke.

I still will use AA, but make sure I do everything inmy power to not end up at their counters and if I have a problem, I will complain to the higher ups.

Maybe she was on her lunch break and had no where to go in the Airport so she sat at her desk .

There is an office/ recreation area right behind the front desk. You can see it, and staff coming in and out. Fair enough if shes on lunch and nobody else to cover, but dont sit at the front desk in full view playing with your phone!!!

I hate AirAsia counter staff they are the most un-professional and rude people I have ever come across. I made the mistake of using Airasia to fly to Jakarta. Learnt my lesson, never again!!!!!!!!!!

Add just about any other 3rd tier carrier to that. Not just Thailand - most of asia

The staff get paid if they work or not - why would they bother???

I'm surprised at all the venom aimed at AirAsia. My experience has been pretty good. I just counted, and I've flown with them 33 times in the last 12 months, and maybe 20 times the year before, which I think is a fair sample from which to draw some conclusions and tips:

-service is no better or worse than any other airline flying around thailand

-always book online and just sidestep the whole counter problem

-baggage fees aren't cheap, especially if you don't book ahead, so AA is best when you're not loading

-onboard food purchase sounds cheesy, but prices are low and the food is ok

-cabin crew have always been polite and professional. in fact, i became a regular on one route and always took the same seat, and the crew remembered me and would often come by for a chat.

-all planes are new

-occasional delays, no cancellations I can recall

• Like 1

I'm surprised at all the venom aimed at AirAsia. My experience has been pretty good. I just counted, and I've flown with them 33 times in the last 12 months, and maybe 20 times the year before, which I think is a fair sample from which to draw some conclusions and tips:

-baggage fees aren't cheap, especially if you don't book ahead, so AA is best when you're not loading

-cabin crew have always been polite and professional. in fact, i became a regular on one route and always took the same seat, and the crew remembered me and would often come by for a chat.

-all planes are new

I agree with all the above though in ~30 AA and AAX flights I cannot recall a single delay of more than 20 minutes, before a 9hr flight.

I think the OP's gripe is quite justified in a sense, and not really a reflection on AA as a whole. Just typical of Thai management and staff.

-all planes are new

I agree with all the above though in ~30 AA and AAX flights I cannot recall a single delay of more than 20 minutes, before a 9hr flight.

I think the OP's gripe is quite justified in a sense, and not really a reflection on AA as a whole. Just typical of Thai management and staff.

In fairness to AA, I'd have to agree too, the counter staff at Swampy are more good than bad (a realistic cross-section of society) but the fact that there are new planes doesn't cut it if the counter staff can't sell me the ticket to board the darned thing, when I turn up at the airport in plenty of time!.... But the main point of the OP was that the customer care at AA's service desk at CNX sucks. ...Yes, the member of staff was taking her break, but to sit at the desk doing SFA while there is a sizeable queue is not acceptable, and as this thread show, it does nothing to create a positive image of the airline. For a small amount more, I prefer to fly with Bangkok air, or with Thai, in the same way as in the UK, where if possible I would prefer not to fly with, for example Easyjet or Ryanair. The relatively small extra cost gives far higher service levels.

I fly with AA around 60 times a year because of business commitments. Also bought just over 500k USD of stock in the company at the first IPO ( which has been one of the best investment decisions I have made in my life). So I am biased in my opinion of them which is that they are the best LCC airline in the world and amongst the top 3 Asian carriers including full service. Through my long standing association with the company I can assure you that in their perfect world Western males over the age of 40 would never be their clients. But because the world we live in is not perfect they have to deal with them.

I fly with AA around 60 times a year because of business commitments. Also bought just over 500k USD of stock in the company at the first IPO ( which has been one of the best investment decisions I have made in my life). So I am biased in my opinion of them which is that they are the best LCC airline in the world and amongst the top 3 Asian carriers including full service. Through my long standing association with the company I can assure you that in their perfect world Western males over the age of 40 would never be their clients. But because the world we live in is not perfect they have to deal with them.

Since it's the 40 plus year old males that have most of the money in this world, that seems like a very poor business strategy.

• Like 1

-all planes are new

this is fair - it's 'normal' here to get this sort of service and reaction they simply are not trained in customer care and nor do they care - they get paid to open and shut at the times they open and shut - end of story. You just have to smile and get on with it TIT

The young lady has a right to sit wherever she wants if its not time to open that window without being subjected to rude, aggitated customers making remarks. It doesn't make any difference if it's her lunch time or just not open until 2. Complaining to her about the window not being open is not the place to make rude comments. You must go to the administration office or somebody higher up who has the autority to open a second window or direct the young lady to do it. Don't like Air Asia, complain by not using their airlines. Simple as that.

Edited by Lifer

-all planes are new

this is fair - it's 'normal' here to get this sort of service and reaction they simply are not trained in customer care and nor do they care - they get paid to open and shut at the times they open and shut - end of story. You just have to smile and get on with it TIT

I disagree, I never have the same customer service issues with Thai Airways that I do with Air Asia, this is a corporate culture/management and not a Thai issue.issue

Try getting the banks or anything else to open before their time to open here. It's not unusual to see bank employs waiting for doors to open behind their desks or counters, if their preparatiions are ready.

I guess it's obvious that none of the complainers have gone to the movies and queued up for a ticket when they first open. Most of the time they don't come out of their little office until it's almost time. Set up, then disappear until the time they are to open.

Foreigners complain and bitch about every little thing here. The same things happen at service counters everywhere.

I guess none of the complainers have ever queued up at Immigration or movies at Airport Plaza. Same there. They open when their ready. Also try and get the banks to open until exactly time to let customers in. They might be standing behind the counter, but don't open the doors nomatter how bad you need your money.

I guess none of the complainers have ever queued up at Immigration or movies at Airport Plaza. Same there. They open when their ready. Also try and get the banks to open until exactly time to let customers in. They might be standing behind the counter, but don't open the doors nomatter how bad you need your money.

Your analogy doesnt work my friend!! If youre queuing inside a bank in CM, any bank, and theres a long queue at one desk point, you dont get staff at the next desk point sitting filing their nails or sending texts!! Professionalism and customer service (also known as common sense) generally kicks in and the other workers share the load to prevent people queuing for 40 minutes when there are staff there.

I m not saying people shouldnt get their break, what I m saying is if its your break, clear off to the canteen or wherever so your not in eyeshot of queuing customers who then have no reason to get irritated!!

• Like 1

There's no reason for banks or anywhere else to open earlier than their offical opening time, just because you want something is not a valid reason for them to do so.

-all planes are new

I disagree, I never have the same customer service issues with Thai Airways that I do with Air Asia, this is a corporate culture/management and not a Thai issue.issue

Flying out of CNX another time (this time with Thai), we had a slight problem with the luggage at check in.... Give the staff their dues, ththe hitch was caused by me needing to ccess a checked-in case. After a bit of a run-around due to a bit of poor advice rudely offered the check-in lady, and subsequently a subtle complaint by my thai gf, a supervisor came along and promptly (and very publicly) ripped her a new one for not POLITELY dealing with the problem promtly. I'm not sure what was said, but my gf assured me it was pretty blunt..... Apologies were offered by the unfortunate lady, and two happy passengers headed for their plane.

Quite a contrast with the poor service and total lack of effort recieved from the AA staff at CNX, as per my earlier post.... The Thai management were definitely on the ball as far as we were concerned.