Family Sponser For Uk Tourist Visa

Hi

I have been seeing my Thai girlfriend since last December, and we would like to spend more time with each other, the first step is to get her a tourist visa to visit for approx one month so she can see if she wants to stay here longer.

My problem is that I am semi retired and only do a small part time job, the pay is low enough for me to be under the tax mans radar, and I am paid in cash so I have no bank records of payments and I only have a few hundred pounds in there.

So I would like to know if my mother could be her sponser, as my girlfriend will be staying with me at my mothers house. my girlfriend has no capital to finance this trip herself.

My girlfriend has her own salon in Pattaya, she says she will shut up shop for a month while she visits, the plan is for her to visit here after the high season, she also has a daughter that lives with her father in Bangkok.

The long term goal is for my girlfriend to sell her salon and move to the UK to be with me until I retire, after that I will have a modest income and we will both then return to live in Thailand.

You will be her sponsor as you are the reason for her visit. It is you who should write her sponsor's letter, outlining the history of the relationship, the reason for the visit at this time and any plans you may have for the future together. You may also want to expand on any answers she has given in the application form in this letter.

Your mother can provide the finance, and accommodation if required, for the visit and should write a letter explaining why she is doing so. She will, of course, need to provide evidence of her ability to do so.

However, the financial requirements for a visitor are simply that they can be adequately accommodated and maintained whilst in the UK without working or accessing public funds. You don't need much; especially if she is staying with you. Maybe you can afford it without your mother's help; but that's up to you.

Someone will need to pay for her ticket, of course, and if your mother is doing this then you should still include a letter and financial evidence from her as above; even if the rest of the finance is coming from you.

As well as Beano's links, you may find UK Visit Visa Basics helpful.

As your stated goal is for her to settle in the UK with you, I suggest you also read UK Settlement Visa Basics. Due to your comments about your income, you should pay particular attention to the financial requirement for settlement.

Note that whilst financial support from a third party is acceptable for a visit, it is not acceptable for settlement. The finances for settlement must come from your and/or your partner's own resources.

• Like 1

Thankyou for the replies.

I have been looking for answers on here and the UKBA wesite until my head spins, then I log off and try again later.

I came to the conclusion that I would have to be her sponser but couldn't see how I fitted the requirments.

Hopefully by the time we are ready for her to move here permantly I will have finalised the financial side of my divorce and would then be in a position to show the 62,500 pounds in my bank account to sponser her.

Page 15 of the financial requirement for settlers shows that I need £62,500 with no income, so would this be enough proof of finances or would the ECO still need/like proof of income from me? to show my ability to support her?

I ask as if so then I need to start thinking about getting a permanant job so I can show some employment history for when the time comes, although I am happy as I am at present.

The current required minimum income for settlement as a spouse £18600 p.a..

Savings above £16,000 will reduce the amount of income required (theres a formula explained in the document) until savings above £62,500 reduces the required income to zero.