Transvestites, Women Warned Against Sex Trade In Mideast: Thai Embassy Official

webfact

VOMIT, VOMIT, VOMITbah.gif

I guess we don't have to worry about you all coming to Thailand and having a bisexual experience as a result of lady boys eh? Reference that other very popular thread.

Well definately won't have to worry about me stealing your ladyboys. Pass me the bucket quick.

Well thanks for that and I won't horn in on your parade in Sydney.smile.png

I am from Melbourne and keep well clear of those Sydneysiders, give Australia a bad name. They are sort of that family member (blacksheep) that no one admits to. If you want Sydney please feel free to tow it away, it won't be missed.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I have no sympathy for the Thai men who go there to work in the sex industry. I am sure they are well aware that cross dressing and homosexuality is ilegal in islamic countries. A crimial offence that carries the death penalty. The guy in the photo (victim) hardly even looks like a woman (an unattractive one).

Since when are Thais aware of anything?

Well, they might be aware that alcohol and tabbaco

tax has rissen but otherwise, completely ignorant.....

After living in Saudi Arabia for 10 years and traveling in other Persian Gulf countries one must realize that woman are on the bottom of the social scale. Most likely the man's camel would get better treatment...and when you think of a "TCN" (an Arab's word for third country national class) there is no fair treatment. Yes,many locals claim to be practicing their religion faithfully; yet, it is just meeting the rituals, not practicing it from their heart.

No - wives and mothers are treated very differently to migrant workers. Maids, shopgirls etc., particularly from Asia or the Indian sub-continent would be right down on the social scale. You can't generalise that all women are treated the same - in these countries the difference in treatment is polarized.

Agree with KerryD - I spent over a decade working in the Mid east and yes, $75 -100 USD was the going price in Dubai for a short time. I left there in '96. At that point there was a large influx of Russians & Ukrainians, we generally lumped them under the heading "ex-Black Sea port military hookers". I've heard since that the Chinese were also moving into the market.

Oh yes, the sex trade is still alive and flourishing in the mideast.

Absolutley agree - go into any hotel bar in Dubai and you'll see plenty, like Bahrain. Abu Dhabi is a bit more discreet but there are still plenty of Chinese, African, Lebanese and former USSR hookers plying their trade. I haven't seen any Thais or Pinays openly there, so guess they've been out muscled.