Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

LawrenceChee

Saw one at Siam TV for wifi version for 8900 baht

Been a long time apple user ... Anyone on the other side can convince me this is neat machine for work use ? I can only think of the flash driver which makes some videos and PDFs better

Thanks for advice and if any has. Better deal than that price

Cheerios

Lawrence

After todays court ruling against Samsung (copying iPhone/iPad), there is a very good possibility that these iphone/ipad -like phones and tablets made by Samsung will be taken off the market. Even more they will probably have to stop support for these as well. This is not guaranteed, but probably a safe bet to stick with the Apple products, especially because you are already used to them.

I've had my Galaxy 10.1 since last December and love it. As far as I've been able to determine, it somewhat outperforms the iPad in being lighter, higher screen resolution, etc. The only disadvantage I've heard is that there aren't as many apps written for it. But there seem to be enough for me. Not sure about the newer ones, but that's a great price . . . snap it up and give it a try!

Agree these things will take a while to figure out between appeals and such

After the appeals and counter appeals It's either we end up with all products looking like apple or every product taking a swipe at apple ...either way lawyers will win with a big fee

I am not sure who is the winner here for the consumers

I run the Samsung Galaxy 3S phone (gingerbread) and find it far less inspiring than the Ipad and IOS. Good value but if I have the Ipad and the Galaxy phone then I almost always choose the Ipad. Sure its larger screen but something about the Droid OS just leaves me flat.

Maybe IceCream Sandwich is better. Haven't really used it.

Droid (gingerbread) gets the job done. Looks fine and fairly quick. No complaints but just love the IOS for it's OS design and more extensive app choices.

BTW I am longtme OS X user and favorite platform is Mac Book Pro laptop.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

We have both & I prefer the Galaxy Tab

I like being able to do what I want when I want without going through

some middleman software.

I like the camera better

I like plugging my USB memory stick into the Tab & lifting things to later put where I want

on multiple laptops that do not need to have any middleman software installed.

Not to mention I can plug any USB device into the Galaxy Tab

I also like plugging my Tab right into my laptop & my laptop seeing it then allowing drag & drop

as I choose or making folders on either device to store what I want where I want in either direction.

I like that I can play music or video file in any format.

Multi tasking? Galaxy Tab no problem....Ipad?

I like the Notification system on ICS 4

BTW I just upgraded to ICS 4.04 myself & it was downright simple.

I have not rooted the Galaxy Tab, Have not felt the need to but, if I wanted to

it too is a simple process.

Software? I have only ever needed to buy one from the App store for the Tab

That was Paiboon's Thai Dictionary ( excellent product )

The rest was available for free. including Office products that can open imported password protected

Excel Files, Word Files etc.

Basically at the end of the day I feel the Galaxy Tab is mine to do with what I want.

The Ipad although I paid for it is mine if I agree to do things the way they want me to. Syncing, using

their middleman etc.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Just gave away my Iphone and at last I'm Apple Free!

I too have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and love it.

I'm for Android.

Apple vs Samsung, reminds me of when Harley Davidson took Honda to court over the exhaust note (sound) of the Japanese bikes? Well, Honda could reproduce the sound of a Harley and produced a much more superior motorcycle. HD was scared of loosing their market share.

I see the same thing here with Apple.

• Like 1

Just gave away my Iphone and at last I'm Apple Free!

I too have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and love it.

I'm for Android.

Apple vs Samsung, reminds me of when Harley Davidson took Honda to court over the exhaust note (sound) of the Japanese bikes? Well, Honda could reproduce the sound of a Harley and produced a much more superior motorcycle. HD was scared of loosing their market share.

I see the same thing here with Apple.

Not to mention less profit.

MSPain

I run the Samsung Galaxy 3S phone (gingerbread) and find it far less inspiring than the Ipad and IOS. Good value but if I have the Ipad and the Galaxy phone then I almost always choose the Ipad. Sure its larger screen but something about the Droid OS just leaves me flat.

Droid (gingerbread) gets the job done. Looks fine and fairly quick. No complaints but just love the IOS for it's OS design and more extensive app choices.

Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich?blink.png

Makes no difference what the courts decide. who ever loses will just continue to produce the same until they can get a good enough design. In the interim they will just pay a royalty.

Get what you like the best and serve's you the best.

I hear a lot of talk about this is best and that is best but I see nothing about the durability of the machine. It would seem to me that every one is approaching this on the who cares basis. It is just a throw away product any how. I will be getting another one next year any how.

Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich?blink.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Next up is Jelly Bean

I have a Samsung 8.9, very happy with it.

1) I can download and play music and pictures without going through Apple

2) You can do a lot of customization on a Samsung, can't do on an Apple

3) lighter than an Apple

4) recent survey says that most Apple buyers are over 35, most Samsung buyers are under 35......

5) much cheaper

Don't expect the lower court ruling in the US to have much effect anywhere else (patent laws vary from country to country), and maybe little in the US. The reason that the judge limited the time during the case in the US is that she realized that the case would be going to the appeals courts, if not the supreme court, so there was no need to waste taxpayer money and her time on a lengthy trial by lawyers wanting to up their billing. Whatever happened in the trial would be changed/modified in appeals process.