Caving Holiday In Northern Thailand

khwaibah

I haven't looked at all the pictures, but I notice Cave Lodge mentioned in one of the first. Cave Lodge is in Soppong (sp)? which is between Pai and Mae Hong Son on the Mai Hong Song loop. Great place to visit. I was lucky enough to see the 2001 Leonids meteor shower there.

John,an Australian, at Cave Lodge, has lived there for more than 25 years, great place to stay: caving, kayaking, trekking Look up www.cavelodge.com Get a mini bus from CM to Soppong ( about 45 km past Pai- don't go via MHS). From Soppong you need a motorbike taxi for the 8 km to the lodge.

We hired bikes out of Pai, and rode those crappy chicken chasers up and down the mountain to get there. I was back there about 3 years ago, and although they have discontinued the kayak trip I did through Tham Lot, there are still lots of options for thrill seekers or the more sedate. Great place.

We hired bikes out of Pai, and rode those crappy chicken chasers up and down the mountain to get there. I was back there about 3 years ago, and although they have discontinued the kayak trip I did through Tham Lot, there are still lots of options for thrill seekers or the more sedate. Great place.

They still do the kayaking through the cave & down to Soppong. Did it last month.