Top Service In Chiang Mai Deserves A Mention ...

kaptainrob

HomePro Hang Dong, like so many Thai super-stores, appears over-staffed BUT unlike many, they are all happy and actually helpful. In a month of frequent shopping at HPHD I am very happy with the service. A refreshing change from other regions and some competitors!

Makro Hang Dong is also worthy of accolades for service, freshness and quality of produce. Never mind the savings! Funny story ...

.... buying beef last week, my wife asked one of the butchers 'what cut is this?'. He replied 'blade steak, very tough, like rubber'. 555 I was happy with that as blade/chuck steak is for stewing, not frying!

Beef in Beer Casserole ... aloi mak mak! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I trust you have your HomePro discount card. I have mine, not a big discount but why not if it's available. Also have the Makro card but only 'gift' on offer depending on what you buy. I've never qualified for any gift.... sad.png

The HomePro card is well worth having, if not for the odd 5% discount on selected items, the accumulated points can be worth quite a lot. Eg: We purchased a mattress already discounted from 9,000 to 7,500 bt and got a further 5% off. Subsequent household purchases rewarded us with a 400 bt voucher.

My wife's pocketbook is filled with EVERY shoppers card available. Her mission in life is to earn points and redeem vouchers ... blink.png

Central/Robinsons card seems a good one to have, also Boots. I try to avoid passing those stores though .... can get expensive!

I agree the home pro in hang song is great ...went there over the weekend to help a friend set up her new house and the staff at every department is great !

The central 1 card gives u great savings at Tops plus a rebate voucher of $20 baht for every 200 spent so that is like 10 percent rebate which is a lot in day so inflation ...the card also gives u some special prices on some products on promotion or get extra points ...cards works at all of Robinson group of shops

Of all the cards I have accumulated ...this is the most useful one !

I trust you have your HomePro discount card. I have mine, not a big discount but why not if it's available. Also have the Makro card but only 'gift' on offer depending on what you buy. I've never qualified for any gift.... sad.png

The HomePro card is well worth having, if not for the odd 5% discount on selected items, the accumulated points can be worth quite a lot. Eg: We purchased a mattress already discounted from 9,000 to 7,500 bt and got a further 5% off. Subsequent household purchases rewarded us with a 400 bt voucher.

Good luck on your 7,500 THB mattress kaptainrob! We bought one 4 years ago for 9,500 THB (marked down from 15K THB) and a very well known brand. 4 years later it is garbage, springs have broken and mattress has collapsed, unusable, killer on the back. It's going in the trash as soon as I get another one soon - probably a latex one or a decent one from IKEA. Any mattress in Thailand under 20K THB will be junk.

• Like 1

Good luck on your 7,500 THB mattress kaptainrob! We bought one 4 years ago for 9,500 THB (marked down from 15K THB) and a very well known brand. 4 years later it is garbage, springs have broken and mattress has collapsed, unusable, killer on the back. It's going in the trash as soon as I get another one soon - probably a latex one or a decent one from IKEA. Any mattress in Thailand under 20K THB will be junk.

It's actually very comfortable smile.png and better than the 5k one our landlady was about to buy. If buying for ourselves, I agree one must spend ~15 to 20k minimum, for long-lasting quality.

springs have broken and mattress has collapsed

You know, they are made to sleep on, nothing else. tongue.png

Yes, we've stumbled upon another example of wonderful service - latex.

And Thailand is the greatest exporter in the world. Just everyone ought to figuring out a way to use latex, nature's gift. (Must be the manufacturing process that makes it expensive here?) Safe, reliable, and environmentally sound, it gives great service.

Edited by CMX

My wife's pocketbook is filled with EVERY shoppers card available. Her mission in life is to earn points and redeem vouchers ... blink.png

Central/Robinsons card seems a good one to have, also Boots. I try to avoid passing those stores though .... can get expensive!

The more you spend the more points you get theory?

And Thailand is the greatest exporter in the world. Just everyone ought to figuring out a way to use latex, nature's gift. (Must be the manufacturing process that makes it expensive here?) Safe, reliable, and environmentally sound, it gives great service.

And once the rubber trees are out of latex it makes great furniture. After all it is part of the "oak" family. Some fantastic example on the Ban Tawai Rd.

I am also extremely pleased with the service received from the salespeople at Home Pro Hang Dong. Over the past 3 months we have been buying a lot of products for our new home. It all started with a new box spring and mattress made by a company called American beauty. It was rather pricey at 33,000 bahts. The salesman asked ifwe had a home pro card.. When we said no he told us to get one before we made the purchase and they would give us 10% off. We took his advice and we now own the best mattress that I have ever slept on in my many years on this earth. There was also a young man in the electrical department who spent a long time with us explaining the many electrical products we were interested in. Given the fact that the employees all look like they are 18 years old I am pleasantly surprised by how well they know the products.

Like the other posters I have had excellent sales service from HomePro, this time from the Superhighway store. In all departments the staff have been knowledgeable and proactive and so I have increased my purchases from this company. But what in my mind is real service is the after sales attention, and once again HomePro has been truly excellent with staff offering to arrive at any time that suits me and actually being on time as well as inexpensive. I was even told by the man who installed my water filter system that I could just call him & he would deliver new filters when we need them. Now that is what I call service.

In contrast is Index where we have spent huge amounts this year. The in-store experience is tiresome as the actual sale and payment system is unbelievable slow and complex, especially if you want to purchase from different sales areas that apply to the same room. Then there is the after sales service. One of our built in wardrobes developed a fault after four months. A call to their service line was met with "you will have to wait until we have space in out schedule. we will call you back". Two weeks later & no further response so I wrote to head office. Two days later a youth with a camera phone arrived to take pictures & left. Six weeks later, one aggressive email that got no response and a further phone call got us the answer " I gave the photos to the other department but they must have forgotten". Two days further on a team arrived but did not have the required glue to do the job!!! They arrived the next day & spent 8 minutes rectifying the fault. Overall it took half as long as we have owned the wardrobes to get a basic fault rectified by Index. Never again will I buy from this store.

Another example of recent excellent service was at the car valet in Meechok Plaza. Someone accidentally spilled seafood in the back of the car late at night. The next day we had a car that smelled so bad that even driving with the windows open made me nauseous. The car valet said come back in an hour & it will be ready. We returned & they said they were not happy with the smell & at no extra cost they then kept the car and cleaned the carpets a further two times over 24 hours so they it could dry out. And the car was delivered to our house at no cost. Now that is service.

I am happy to acknowledge excellence and I am even more determined to fight against bad service.

Great to hear additional 'good service' reports as all too often we only hear of the BAD. Perhaps AA staff come from the INDEX/BigC employment pool? ;);)

Can't recall how many times I've walked through stores (Ubon Wasadu/Panthip Plaza spring to mind) looking for items and asked staff, only to be told "no hab", then found 'it' around the next corner. In HomePro, staff will actually walk you across the store ... they know their stock!

My experience with Homepro in Bangkok and in CM (in BigC on the superhighway) has been good. The staff are helpful and friendly unlike many other chain stores. Yes, their products are, in general, more expensive but sometimes you just need to find something which you are not too familiar with, and Homepro is a good place to do that. A few bahts more save some headaches. kaptainrob, i agree that good places deserve a mention!

Just went back to Big C Hang Dong Homepro..was looking for a small tap to complement the washing machine installation

When I was there the sale person was quick to attend to me ...although I was not buying a washer ...as soon as he figured out what I want he brought a colleague who could speak better English and they both brought me to the correct section

They made several recommendations and walked me thru the pros and cons for about 10 minutes and I finally selected their best choice ...

The price of the sale was 90 baht and the service quality priceless ....U would never get that in Singapore or Hong Kong for $3 !

What a shop ...I will be back for more stuff for years to come

Like the phrase: "no hab", lol!

I visited Index a few times and I had to look hard for a sales staff. I was lucky to find one who is friendly and helpful. I spent about 100k there. I don't really like their modular type of furniture which may look modern but actually made of compressed wood chips with fomica top. But as long as it's ok with the kids who only spend about 10 days a year it's fine with us, afterall, it's their bedrooms. Oh, yes, the mattress...their mattresses cost B6,000 and B9,000 and the daughter was smart to switch the B6,000 one to the B9,000 when the son was not here. But both these mattresses would give me lowver back pain if I sleep in them for a few days. I would rather sleep on the floor. Old body sucks!

Oh, I need to mention I own a small amount of stock in HMPRO, bought at around B8. Unlike MAKRO and BIGC where you see many customers most of the time, HMPRO has only a small handful. While I appreciate their services I only keep a small amount of the stock, unlike MAKRO and BIGC which I keep rather sizable fixed amounts and trade the excesses in fluctuations like now.

Like the phrase: "no hab", lol!

I visited Index a few times and I had to look hard for a sales staff. I was lucky to find one who is friendly and helpful. I spent about 100k there. I don't really like their modular type of furniture which may look modern but actually made of compressed wood chips with fomica top. But as long as it's ok with the kids who only spend about 10 days a year it's fine with us, afterall, it's their bedrooms. Oh, yes, the mattress...their mattresses cost B6,000 and B9,000 and the daughter was smart to switch the B6,000 one to the B9,000 when the son was not here. But both these mattresses would give me lowver back pain if I sleep in them for a few days. I would rather sleep on the floor. Old body sucks!

Oh, I need to mention I own a small amount of stock in HMPRO, bought at around B8. Unlike MAKRO and BIGC where you see many customers most of the time, HMPRO has only a small handful. While I appreciate their services I only keep a small amount of the stock, unlike MAKRO and BIGC which I keep rather sizable fixed amounts and trade the excesses in fluctuations like now.

You might wish to BUY more stock. :) HomePro appears very pro-active in their marketplace. Take the kitchen section for example, quality and price easily knock out the likes of new-comer, IKEA. Never mind existing Thai competitors.

A little of topic but it reminds me of when I took my ex into the emergency room in Canada. Took them 10minutes to diagnose the problem and rushed her off to surgery. Half way there she told them she was allergic to latex. Took them half a hour to prep the operating room. So as you can see not every one should use it. They might die.

• 2 weeks later...

U have to have the 1 card with spots rewards to use it at Tops

Central runs a shopping card that can only be used at te malls

Having said that Tops supermarket at airport plaza recently had a change in staffing

If u see the 2 guys at the checkout counter avoid them try are working as slow as they can possibly can without getting fired

Cheers

Lawrence