How Has Coming To Thailand Changed Your Life,,?

pigeonjake

No real change for me.

When I lived back in Scotland it was normal to call a few friends in the afternoon and ask them if they fancied a BBQ on the the beach, anytime of the year

Everyone agreed and decided ok you bring the steaks and beer, I'll call Bill coz he's just back from Korea, seems he got married, again, so he'll probably bring his new wife.

I'll bring the wine if someone picks up some ice on the way.

Alan's wife just got some really nice prawns on the way back from the office so it looks like we got everything.

Can we bring the dogs coz they all get on well together and keep the great unwashed at a respectable distance.

I really miss those days.

some great stories guys,

im pleased for you all,

and im sorry bkkjames you cant see the point in this thred,, never mind its tought me to be not to botherd what others think,

i just get on with my very happy life,

keep it going boys .

jake

The huge difference for me is that I no longer dream about how I want to live. I now actually live exactly how I want to live. I have no social obligations and there is no dress code. I very much enjoy being lazy and and being a slob. I am not a fat slob, just a bit of a beer belly. I do shower a couple times a day and especially before bedtime. My wife won't sleep with me unless I am freshly showered. I'm too lazy to shave my head but my barber cuts it as short as the clipper allows. I get it cut whenever it starts to tickle my ears. AHHHH, life is good.

• Like 2

gary that sounds like me, apart from i still come to work now and again,

ill just tell a funny story while im here, the other day i saw some very big strawberrys in asda i thought god ill have some of them, anyway i got to work and held one to my mouth and took a pic with my phone, to shiow my wife the size of them here in uk, i sent pic to her phone,,

do you know what she sent back,

never mentioned the bloody strawberry,,

she said darling your fingen nails want cut, and your hair,,,lol,, i pissed myself laughing,,

could only be my misses that,,clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Came to Thailand thinking it was the answer to all my problems. The realised I packed the problems with me in the (mental) suitcase.

Drank too much . Solved That

Smoked to much. Solved That

It took a big kick up the arse from people on here, when I came looking for sympathy and a guy whose name begins with "J" to teach me to like myself.

With the Thai sense of humour at traffic lights still presenting a problem for my anger issues, everything else is on the up.

• Like 1

How has it NOT changed my life.. I lived in a super boring suburb with my mom, had never been out of the country on my own. Thailand was new and exciting, girls everywhere found me handsome and weren't shy to show it. In Thailand I found a life, a job, some adventure, and then a wife, kids, house, dog, koy fish; absolutely everything.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

I become very Thai like..and started to take offense at the slightest disrespect (face value) and starting to differentiate class level status.

That's interesting.. I think that is indeed appropriate some of the time especially with people who bug you, but it can be a bit similar to 'old money' vs 'new money' back home; the new money brigade can be complete self-absorbed <deleted> trying their damnedest to look down on anyone. Many moneyed Thai people are in that category. But then there are others too who are actually earning their respect every day, not demand it because they have some money. I strive to be in the category who earns it.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I now have a better apprieciation for quality.

I am more patient, jai yen yen.

Have become a deeper in personality.

Have a somewhat exotic aspect to my life.

Learnt to learn from my mistakes and not to leap first.

All good.

Edited by damo

some great stories guys,

im pleased for you all,

and im sorry bkkjames you cant see the point in this thred,, never mind its tought me to be not to botherd what others think,

i just get on with my very happy life,

keep it going boys .

jake

i see the point - self reassurance lol

no self reassurance for me my freind,

ive got everything in life that ive ever wanted,

its people like you who have nothing, never will have anything, because your scared to get into arelationship, she might just want me for my money,

does she love me,ill lay here awake thinking all night.

or i know ill ask the members on TV

or ill stayas i am and just sleep with a few girls who will have me,

caryy on with you life, for what it is

no self reassurance for me my freind,

ive got everything in life that ive ever wanted,

its people like you who have nothing, never will have anything, because your scared to get into arelationship, she might just want me for my money,

does she love me,ill lay here awake thinking all night.

or i know ill ask the members on TV

or ill stayas i am and just sleep with a few girls who will have me,

caryy on with you life, for what it is

now now pigeon, dont get too excited with yourself mate. Obviously me being married with two fantastic kids makes me scared of being in a relationship. I just feel it's a bit like chasing a train that's already left the station - this topic. On one hand the lot that has regrets and the others with none. It is what it is.

Dont worry though, I will carry on with my life, for what it is and shall sleep better knowing that YOU have everything you ever wanted.

Thailand was new and exciting, girls everywhere found me handsome and weren't shy to show it.

Same here, I was amazed how many thought I was handsome. wink.png

I went from becoming a guy who would get slapped for making eyes at an ugly woman, to a guy who could 'take his pick' and subsequently became fussy who I laid. biggrin.png

• Like 2

When I came to Thailand I met a girl that would actually have sex with me when I was in the mood.

(As opposed to the women in the UK that only had sex with me when they were in the mood, which was almost never).

Moving to Thailand changed my life!

So why were UK women not never in the mood to have sex with you? seems same same for me here as the UK, so nothing changed on thats score.

Obvious answer to the OP yes of course, but so would moving to France from the UK or anywhere else.

I smell much nicer now.

I use a bum gun 99.99% of the time.

For the 0.01% left, I wet the drying towels before I go into the cubicle.

Problem with wet towels is they roll into little balls and cling tight, when they are dried out, they are a nuisance to remove.

I know how sheep feel.

And I'm not even bisexual yet.

Came to Thailand thinking it was the answer to all my problems. The realised I packed the problems with me in the (mental) suitcase.

It took a big kick up the arse from people on here, when I came looking for sympathy and a guy whose name begins with "J" to teach me to like myself.

With the Thai sense of humour at traffic lights still presenting a problem for my anger issues, everything else is on the up.

A good honest post, it takes a big man to admit to his weaknesses.

A good honest post, it takes a big man to admit to his weaknesses.

There is a smoking thread somewhere that could use his honesty.