Foreigner At Home Vs Foreigners In Thailand

WebBangkok

I have to agree. She bought our house (100% loan, nothing down). I make the payments. It is less than I paid in rent when I was alone for 50% more space and convenience. She has a 30 year loan. In 30 years I'll be 100 years old.

It reminds me of the young and old threads. Or the paid sex vs I don't know I am paying for sex threads.

There must be some need to denigrate others that is rampant among certain sectors of Thai Visa members. That nice guy from Scotland has tried to start two positive threads lately without any success. It just can't be done here.

Your post does not sound like the ChiangMaiKelly I've been reading on another site for years. Are you "the" ChiangMaiKelly or someone that is just using the nic?

What do you think the difference is Keyser?

I think not, as your tone and opinions do not resemble the opinions from the real ChiangMaiKelly. And here I had hoped that CMK has chosen to grace the page of TV with his wit and wisdom. Much like many things in Thailand, it's all an illusion.

Keyser how long do you think that CMK and his ever faithful companion, Princess would last on Thai Visa? Let alone his best buddy Dana!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you are "young" and look decent or good looking, then a thai girl can be attracted to you, she might like your charm or wits. Even if shes unconsiously also attracted to your social standing and money, if youre in your 20s or 30s its nothing weird, its nothing to think about. Its equivalent to the west. But if you are fat, ugly, way outside her age range, then think, and then think again, why she would want you, would she want you in the west? If not, then she probably doesnt really want you in the east.

Thinking any Thai lady wants you (a white foreigner of any age) is weird (more like delusional).

I dunno. I'm mid 30s, moved here in my mid 20s.

I certainly did alright. biggrin.png

same, i had a great run, more than 10 years, and i pulled the plug when i was ready

I pay my wife each month. I've lived here for 5 years so I know how it's works. It's only stupid when you're not getting anything in return for it(for example living abroad while your bar "girlfriend" is still giving whistling.gif jobs). In my case I get plenty of companionship and sex with the deal.

If you want to have a woman, you have to pay. Some pay it through giving their house or assets up after divorce. Some pay it through a monthly allowance. Same same.

What rubbish! I was married for many years and when we separated (after retiring here), I got half of everything - the same as I would have received in the UK.

And yes, I worked throughout our married life earning roughly the same as my husband!

Edit - It wouldn't have crossed either of our minds that I should be 'paid' for staying at home! Even if I stayed at home to look after children, we would have shared incoming funds equally - being 'paid' was never an option...

All the men in my family have stay at home women. They're bought and paid for. I've always believed that if you don't have money you're not going to get a woman. Money talks more than these ridiculous assumptions about personality and looks. thumbsup.gif

wow there must be some hurt people on the forum,

there should be a thred about confesions, i was hurt, she took me for everything, but i was the asshol_e,,

now i hate all thias, even the bar girls,,

theres that many people on here, or is it just these typ of posts that bring them out? who hate thailand, hate the girls,hate there familys,,

best thing to do is go home and leave thailand to those of us who do love it here and are happy with our wife, im not even going to say thai wife,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shes my wife,

jake,,, bye bye

wow there must be some hurt people on the forum,

there should be a thred about confesions, i was hurt, she took me for everything, but i was the asshol_e,,

now i hate all thias, even the bar girls,,

theres that many people on here, or is it just these typ of posts that bring them out? who hate thailand, hate the girls,hate there familys,,

best thing to do is go home and leave thailand to those of us who do love it here and are happy with our wife, im not even going to say thai wife,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,shes my wife,

jake,,, bye bye

I think you must be reading a different thread from me.

I've not seen anyone complaining on this thread that they were conned out of everything, except that one troll thread that someone referenced earlier.

On the contrary, as I understand it we have the following opinions

1) All relationships are based on a transfer of funds

2) Relationships with older men and younger women are based on a transfer of funds, and therefore false

a) but mine isn't because I am young and handsome

3) All relationshiops with Thais are based on a transfer of funds, becuase Thais hate foreigners

4) Relationships are based on a sharing of resources, commitments and obligations

a) and those resources don't need to be drawn equally from each partner.

Apart from that, its just been pretty much name-calling of one another, and saying "You're wrong, I'm right".

I imagine that everyone's experience supports their opinion, but I believe that the opinion is the cause and the experience the consequence.

SC

• Like 1

SC,

what makes my laugh is that there is some posters that are in there 20s and 30s good looking good bodys, and say there parners are with them because of the same,

but when a man who is say 52 like me, my wife can only be with me because of money, they know nothing about me or my wife for that matter, but still judge,

i had a fall working in africa 2 years ago in hospital in luanda for 6 days and couldnt work for 9 months, my wife didnt leave me, we still had the pig farm, that her and her mama farm,

please dont judge everyone in the same light as some you must of known, yes i go to work and earn most of our money, but i also did that in the uk, and my wife was 14years younger then me there,

but you would find ive got a very good personality, so im told, im a very good craic to be out with again so im told, yes i might of put on a few pounds and lost my hair, but that hasnt changed me inside as a person,

if someone wants to send there g/f or wife money to keep house that up to them, in my book live and let live,

jake

• Like 1

I give my wife 30,000 baht per month. Sound like a lot? What do I get in return? I live in her house and I didn't buy it for her. She is a great cook and she takes good care of me. She pays ALL the household expenses plus pays for my Internet, cigarettes and clothes. She does refuse to pay my bar bills. whistling.gif

I should add that she can get along without me quite easily. She farms and that means she physically farms as in planting and cutting rice besides taking care of her sugar cane and yes, cutting a lot of it by herself. I have asked her many time to give up the back breaking work but she absolutely refuses. She doesn't have to work at all.

I pay my wife each month. I've lived here for 5 years so I know how it's works. It's only stupid when you're not getting anything in return for it(for example living abroad while your bar "girlfriend" is still giving whistling.gif jobs). In my case I get plenty of companionship and sex with the deal.

If you want to have a woman, you have to pay. Some pay it through giving their house or assets up after divorce. Some pay it through a monthly allowance. Same same.

You've just described marriage............sad.png

That's a well skewed idea of lifelong companionship in my view.

Each to their own I suppose.

Did you suddenly forget which forum you were on?

Yet those living abroad and paying for what is essentially a holiday fling are the men who need their heads looking at. IMHO

I'm thinking that any man who moves in with any woman could be considered mentally borderline.

Paying them not to live with you might be the sanest policy.

Having it on tap morning, afternoon and evening makes it worthwhile. No need for condoms. You can have oral sex with no worries, unlike a lady you pay for the night.

There is a better level of trust too. No need to hide the wallet or have the possibility of being drugged and mugged as you might with a lady of the night.

It is as easy to cook for two, have your laundry done, share things. The list goes on.

Cheaper than paying for it each time too + the fine + the lady drinks.

Give me one that is there most of the time over a part time thing any day, especially if she is trusting and willing ;)

I know it a real novel idea for many guys an independent woman.

Oh that idea is not novel. They do make excellent mistresses, good bang/buck ratio. But the idea of marrying one is a novel one. Why bother ? Unless of course the woman is footing all the bills, then it does make sense. If going down that road, get four of them, I think that's the amount Africans who know more about polygamy prefer.

Yet those living abroad and paying for what is essentially a holiday fling are the men who need their heads looking at. IMHO

I'm thinking that any man who moves in with any woman could be considered mentally borderline.

Paying them not to live with you might be the sanest policy.

Having it on tap morning, afternoon and evening makes it worthwhile. No need for condoms. You can have oral sex with no worries, unlike a lady you pay for the night.

There is a better level of trust too. No need to hide the wallet or have the possibility of being drugged and mugged as you might with a lady of the night.

It is as easy to cook for two, have your laundry done, share things. The list goes on.

Cheaper than paying for it each time too + the fine + the lady drinks.

Give me one that is there most of the time over a part time thing any day, especially if she is trusting and willing wink.png

Thai culture. You need to get into the swing of things here.

post-73727-0-53049000-1346138539_thumb.j

but you would find ive got a very good personality, so im told, im a very good craic to be out with again so im told, yes i might of put on a few pounds and lost my hair, but that hasnt changed me inside as a person,

Your wife loves you for your good personality!

OK, if that works for you.

Your wife loves you for your good personality!

OK, if that works for you.

I wouldn't even question that since we have no idea how his wife really is but your comment tells a lot about you and thank god I'm not that pitiful.

• Like 1

It might be strange to you but i know many guys who are not paying their g/f's actually their gf is sharing in the costs and has her own job. I know it a real novel idea for many guys an independent woman.

But what if your ugly and the only way to get it is to pay for it?

Thank god I already have a boyfriend and I'm bringing him with me to Thailand. Cause if I was single there and ran into most of you guys I would COMPLETELY lose faith in the male gender. There is a lot of underlaying woman hate in TV. O_o

Thank god I already have a boyfriend and I'm bringing him with me to Thailand. Cause if I was single there and ran into most of you guys I would COMPLETELY lose faith in the male gender. There is a lot of underlaying woman hate in TV. O_o

No... not really... just against you :D

Don't worry. You have a ways to go. I think most people would agree if you really want to lose faith in the male gender bring a boyfriend to Thailand. Unless you are Russian. Russian men seem immune for some strange reason.

If you do have any problems we are always here to help. There are a number of women posting here who brought men to Thailand and they can advise. Good luck and don't let the trolls get you down. smile.png

• Like 2

Jugian psychology describes a number of archetypes hard wired in our psyche; the Crone, The Hero, The Jester etc. An interesting one is The Rescuer. Meethinks the answer lies in there somewhere.

Dont' forget, "The wise old man (also called senex, sage or sophos) is an archetype as described by Carl Jung. I don't think this will fly on Thai Visa. Old man here is always predicated by the word, "dirty."

Dont' forget, "The wise old man (also called senex, sage or sophos) is an archetype as described by Carl Jung. I don't think this will fly on Thai Visa. Old man here is always predicated by the word, "dirty."

Why is it that that common or garden dirty old man feels being called a dirty old man is a negative. Besides, we've already established on another thread that you're a handsome man. Toss away the Chang t-shirt and get one made saying "Dirty Old Man - Get it whilst it's hot" on the front with a big thumbsup.gif on the back.

The idea that if a western woman wasked for an allowance she would be dumped is backwards thinking ...... If a wife in the western world didnt have equal access to the family funds she would dump the husband or get her own credit card and the husband would be equally liable to pay it.

Try and keep 99 percent of your money and give a western woman a pittance allowance and see how long you remain married ! LOL

Why is it that that common or garden dirty old man feels being called a dirty old man is a negative. Besides, we've already established on another thread that you're a handsome man. Toss away the Chang t-shirt and get one made saying "Dirty Old Man - Get it whilst it's hot" on the front with a big thumbsup.gif on the back.

I was at the market last night buying a submachine gun. I gave my wife a few thousand baht and told her which weapon I wanted. Next to us stood a young woman in a university outfit, the one with the ankle length pleated skirt; she was buying noodles or something like that. She noticed me handing my wife a few thousand baht and got a look of enlightenment on her face. She wasn't looking at me or my wife just my wife's hand and the money in her hand. You could tell what was going through her mind. “When I grow up I'm going to get me one of those (a person to hand one thousands of baht on command). One of the reasons I like Thailand.

Are we anywhere near the topic here? If not my apologies to all concerned.

• Like 1

What rubbish! I was married for many years and when we separated (after retiring here), I got half of everything - the same as I would have received in the UK.

And yes, I worked throughout our married life earning roughly the same as my husband!

Edit - It wouldn't have crossed either of our minds that I should be 'paid' for staying at home! Even if I stayed at home to look after children, we would have shared incoming funds equally - being 'paid' was never an option...

All the men in my family have stay at home women. They're bought and paid for. I've always believed that if you don't have money you're not going to get a woman. Money talks more than these ridiculous assumptions about personality and looks. thumbsup.gif

I know plenty of poor or low income couples that are happy and they would not stray for a wealthier suitor.

Lol not really worried about my bf in Thailand, he has almost a snobby distain for the sex industry (LOOONG story. I'm the one that's all "Woooooo strippers!" and he's the one thats all "Have fun, I'm going to stay home and read a book".)

And no trolls getting me down I think it's hilarious. This forum has an awesome dynamic.