Buying New Phone?

Hey all,

I'm in Bangkok now, and planning to buy a new phone.

I've actually never purchased a smart phone before, and am not too versed in them.

I was just going to go to MBK to buy the phone, although I know some people suggest other places instead.

Where should I go to buy a phone?

Also, what phone would you suggest in the mid - upper teen range, say 12-18k baht range?

I was going to go with the HTC one x. I was told the batter on this phone can be a bit weak though. The Moterola Razr Maxx or the Samsung Galaxy S3 are popular as well I guess.

What phone would you guys suggest to me?

But the One S has no MicroSD

Correct - and every HTC phone I've seen doesn't have a user-changeable / swappable battery. They are sealed in the case. These two factors were a deal breaker for me and HTC, and convinced me to buy Samsung. I bought a couple of cheap Chinese spare batteries and charger on Ebay, so I am never caught out with a dead battery.

But the One S has no MicroSD

Correct - and every HTC phone I've seen doesn't have a user-changeable / swappable battery. They are sealed in the case. These two factors were a deal breaker for me and HTC, and convinced me to buy Samsung. I bought a couple of cheap Chinese spare batteries and charger on Ebay, so I am never caught out with a dead battery.

I had 4 HTC phones till now the last one being a sensation on all of them you could change the battery,

My last HTC quit on me and the insurance replaced it with a samsung galaxy s111, I find it a little big for the pocket.

Strange i was always told i phones were the ones with a built in battery?

Edited by tingtongfarang

I have tried all kinds of phones and have currently settled on Apple iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S3 for everyday use (also have IPad2 and Samsung Galaxy Note at home office).

my HTC One X is not getting much use....

my iPhone 4S is my central phone though..all data/music/videos/podcasts/portfolios/notes in it..synced to computers, Apple TV, laptops, iPod Nano and iPad2 (and integrated with Airplay and in phone remotes)...

cant wait to get an iPhone5 and iPad mini (to replace my iPhone4S and iPad2)

I have the Galaxy Note and love it, yes yes I know you say its too big.However unless you wear girly clothes I don't agree with the pocket comments.

I could understand if the phone is used constantly for talking being a bit heavy holding it up to your ear. However smart phones are really meant for the multimedia experiance. The Note's big screen and great performance hits the spot. Since getting the Note my Galaxy Tab has been handed over to my son. The Note does it all.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App