Extension Of Ed Visa

Hey,

My ED student visa was issued 24th of September last year. Which means I'll need a new the 24th of September this year. What are the process?

Last year (when I got it made) the staff from the University companied me to provide paper and so from the school. She told me today, that I should just go to the immigration office on my own and they'll extend it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

ThailandDenmark417, you are obviously talking about a one-year extension of stay for the reason of studying, not a visa. You will be perfectly all right going to the immigration office office on your own with all the papers supplied from the university. Add to that a copy of your passport (ID page, pages with the visa with which you originally entered, last extension, last arrival stamp), 2 passport photos, the application form TM7 (printed two-sides on one sheet). If the application is made outside Bangkok, make that two copies of each.

I was under the impression the Ed visas are only 3 months 3 months 3months etc etc etc.

The rules are:

2.8 In the case of enrollment in a government educational institution: Each permission shall be granted for a period certified by the educational institution, which shall not exceed one year.

2.9 In the case of enrollment in a private educational institution: Each permission shall be granted for a period certified by the educational institution, which shall not exceed one year.

The current immigration practice is to give foreigners enrolled for a degree-earning course at a university a one-year extension if the study continues for at least one year, 90 days for other studies.