Thai Treasury Dept Eyes Property Purchases In Euro Zone

webfact

if a foreigner cannot buy land in this country freehold why should the Thai Gov be allowed to buy outside of this country so much double standards,one rule for us and one for them.

Oh well that only took 7 posts before some piped in this one, you forgot to mentioned the restrictive visa polices imposed in Thailand and how farangs have no rights in Thailand and they are 2nd class citizens and Thai's are racist xenophobes....whistling.gif

Indeed,Keith101 forgot to mention those restrictions, he could even have added some more reasons why this should not be allowed.

this post was only about purchasing land overseas and nothing else we all know about the restrictive visa laws here and did not need to be included in this post again only about land

If Thailand can by land in another country then the retired expats in Thailand should be able to buy land in Thailand.

why only retired expats, this is blatant discrimination, I work here and pay Thai tax...If some old wrinkly is allowed to buy land then people who are working here legitimately should be allowed as well, in fact they should have priority over the old wrinklies

Your priority idea is also discriminatory. Everyone should have equal opportunity.

If Thailand can by land in another country then the retired expats in Thailand should be able to buy land in Thailand.

why only retired expats, this is blatant discrimination, I work here and pay Thai tax...If some old wrinkly is allowed to buy land then people who are working here legitimately should be allowed as well, in fact they should have priority over the old wrinklies

Your priority idea is also discriminatory. Everyone should have equal opportunity.

My God guy's chill out. I am quite sure that Chooka was talking about his own situation and meant absolutely zero, nada, zilch discrimination to those of us who live here but are not retired.

My God guy's chill out. I am quite sure that Chooka was talking about his own situation and meant absolutely zero, nada, zilch discrimination to those of us who live here but are not retired.

It doesnt take much to get TV posters, especially the old wrinklies all fired up does it...? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

I am not old enough to retire yet, I was simply using the retired expats as an example instead of listing the entire list of expats.

If the Thai government has that much money that they can afford to purchase land in the Euro Zone, then they should have enough money to help Thai citizens who are in need of economic help. I wonder who will reap the benefits of these purchases ermm.gif

This country never will help their poorest citizens. It was stated many years ago that if Thailand gave out welfare, then Thais might become lazy. All Thais agreed with this, so it's too bad for the blind, the crippled, the sick, the lepers, orphans, the old, homeless etc. Suffer your karma.

Anyway, buying land in foreign countries using large amounts of government money is an easy ways for politicans to acquire assets cheaply. Since the ratchada land corruption case it is now too difficult for Thai politicians to loot the country by doing business here. When they are running everything through another country the National anti-corruption committee's job will be significantly more difficult.

Good thinking by the Treasury dept.!

• Like 1

Is land/property-speculation a normal activity, for the Treasury Department ?

And are other government-departments, who have a real need for overseas-properties, incapable of finding them for themselves ? wink.png

This is a direct order from Mr. T.... so Yes...! Only Mr. T can assess the properties ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

"We have received reports that land prices in Europe, in particular in France, have dropped sharply and that many plots have been put up for sale, so we are considering buying and developing some of those properties," Naris said.

Machinations of a greater fool savvy investor.

So she didn't go there to shop afterall... false alarm !! It was to Survey properties ... blink.png

There are many questions that Khun Kittiratt has not addressed.

• What is the status of Thailand's sovereign debt?
  • When will Thailand resume normal periodic payments?
  • Why doesn't khun Kittiratt comment on servicing sovereign debt?

I understood that Mr Abhisit's government didn't manage to make a single interest payment in full.

• Did Khun Abhisit bring interest on sovereign debt up to date?
  • If not is Thailand facing penalties?
  • What about Khun Abhisiit's quantitative easing costs.
  • What happened to those costs.

What about Thailand's foreign currency reserves which were transferred to the Bank of Thailand.

• Can that money be used to meet Thailand's obligations?
  • Does Thailand actually have the money to buy land in Europe no matter how cheap?

• Like 1

I understood that Mr Abhisit's government didn't manage to make a single interest payment in full.

What about Thailand's foreign currency reserves which were transferred to the Bank of Thailand.

• Does Thailand actually have the money to buy land in Europe no matter how cheap?

If you can get answers to your questions please post them, cause they are valid ones. I doubt whether those involved would be able to.

I do hope they are only allowed to purchase 49%.

I hope the property is only on 1 Rai

France should be worried about the possible 'gobbling up of it's land' - soon there will only be Thai's living there with the farangs having nowhere to live and no jobs to do (they should heed my warning) and stop this invasion whilst they can!!!!

Thais are forbidden to buy and own land in Europe especially in France.

คนไทยเป็นสิ่งต้องห้ามที่จะซื้อและเป็นเจ้าของที่ดินในยุโรปโดยเฉพาะอย่างยิ่งในประเทศฝรั่งเศส

Good. Who wants Thai developing land in nice countries in Europe, anyway? They will design a building with no entrances or exits or the entrances and exits will lead right onto an open road. There will be no fire exits, or, if there are the doors will be permanently locked. The structure itself with be made of concrete with rebar, etc etc etc.

Edited by PaullyW

If you can get answers to your questions please post them, cause they are valid ones. I doubt whether those involved would be able to.

You can be sure that 99.999% of Thais have no clue what these questions mean or even if they are "allowed" to ask them. So, you'll not likely get your answers, but good luck. I too would like to know.

Hypocritical a$$holes if you ask me. So xenophobic that they won't allow foreign ownership in Thailand, but when the shoe is on the other foot, they see no problem with it.

Let them invest in Greece or Spain, nice and cheap government bonds! Lot of real estate in Ireland as well! The Thai Treasury is more than welcome in Europe.