Help !, Sparklies On Tv Screen.

suki

I have a small hotel with a big problem everytime the lift works we get sparklies across every TV screen, ask the TV guy and he says it's a lift problem ask the lift guy he says it's a TV problem.

Can anyone give me any idea about how to go about ridding us of these irritating little .........tykes.

Any help much appreciated.

The cables that are supplying the connection from the satellite or cable TV source and being distributed to the TV sets in the room may be too close to the elevator shafts. I'm not sure of the technical explanation, but I know that elevators can produce frequencies that cause communications interference. Many years ago I worked installing LANs (Local Area Networks) and one of the first things I was taught was to never run the cables too close to elevators or fluorescent lights because they generate interfering frequencies.

As I often suggest, go to Google. There you can get more information about the electromagnetic interference that elevators generate.

Edited by Wavefloater

You've run signal lines near power lines causing feedback. You can contact my family's company as we are hotel advisers, with leading expat professionals with 30yrs experience.

The solution would be to either move the tv lines away from lift power or wrap the tv cable and power lines in shielding. Problem with thai's is they skimp on stuff so have to watch them like hawks.

I would highly recommend you place your cables in PVC conduit or cradle as this would of prevented this issue in the first place. Make sure there's room to remove or replace the cables.

Power Lines must be on its own as it create magnetic field along the line which cause signals to piggy back that feedback to your tvs. Your lift will create a strong field.

I advise you have an engineer come check your property if you cant solve the issue your self. You really should have a data corridor from the ground floor up for all telephone, sat, in-house movie system, cameras and network cables in these small rooms on each floor.

Good luck i hope your building isnt to big.

Edited by Sayonarax

Thanks for all the good advice with it I think we've discovered the problem. We have satelite, internet and telephone cables running throught the same conduit that runs around the lift doorway and they've also placed the booster box for the satelite right next to the lift entrance.

Reckon on using an extra cable to by pass all the conduit and run it straight from outside direct to a reciever and see if it rectifies the problem before ripping all the nicely fitted out.

Thanks again for the great response.