Pheu Thai M.P. Urges Thai Women: Marry A Farang For An Easier Life

webfact

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand why all of you winers just don't go back home...like I'm doing. Heading back to the states cause I just can't F'n deal with the level of ridiculousness in this country. I'd live in Detroit before Bangkok, Alabama before Surin, Denver before Chiang Mai any day of the week. I tried it for 6 years because work sent me here. I just can't deal with it anymore, and based on all the negative comments on these forums, I don't get why you all stay here. Can't work and earn social security, can't own a house, Farang pay 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x more for anything these people can gouge you for. Thai women are so jealous they become psychotic, dangerous evilness when the relationship doesn't work out. The corruption and ineffectiveness of the laws makes the worse of America look like Unicef. The military and police are the drug cartels. The food and water are deadly toxic from chemicals banned in the states 40+ years ago. And, let's not even talk about the driving, drunkenness, and out right hypocrisy of the so called followers of Buddhism. Sorry everyone, my sister just bought a small house on a piece of land with fruit trees in a nice quiet little town in Oregon last year for 1.3 million baht. You can't even do that here. See ya, wouldn't wanta be ya!

Geez Gohmer...

Your trying to deal with the "ridiculousness in this country"...shoot man...I'm trying to deal

with the absurdity of the entire universe! Since you didn't whine about the food I guess you

must like it. That said where in the US of <deleted> A can you get authentic Thai food with

the lovely ambience one has and experiences right here in LOS? I came here a very long

time ago, got frustrated then learned the language a bit and "got out amongst the natives"

and had a blast. It ain't so bad man...just takes some gettin used to that's all. Hell...I even

left a few times...only to really miss the place and the people I knew and then I pulled

a Mac Arthur (returned) and stayed. Gathered some moss (ole lady & a couple brats)

some excess baggage (houses & stuff) and...well...home is where your sh&t is, so my

sh&t is here and this is home. Anywhere in the States can be as bad as you make LOS

out to be...life's like that. Example...you sure as hell wouldn't wanna be a white man in

the LA district of Watts back in August 1965...neither would you have liked to be a tourist

in Bangkok around 17-20 May 1992 or Lumpini Park in BKK back in 2010. Then again;

it's your choice to leave so farewell and fair winds. Hope you find a job back in the States.

Perfectly said, you can make home where you stuff is. The job market is booming for my profession right now in the states, rates and salaries are up 40-50% from 2009 and I have a job waiting for me. I won't be able to have the great Thai food; however, there's every other type of food in the world there and I am pretty sure it won't contain DTD. I can buy milk in the states cheaper than here along with a long list of many other things, I can own the stuff I buy, not just lease it. I know that my purchases are protected with mostly either ethical business practices or laws that protect me from the unethical. I am confident that a minibus isn't going to be coming around a corner at 75mph in the wrong lane. As far as ambience, most of the places I go out to eat in Chiang Mai have loud traffic, excessive pollution, and the plate of rice is always served after you've already ate the Prik Gaang Moo. I also speak the language and have socialize with many, many Thais. I also have worked with over 100 college educated thais. So my immersion into the culture is far greater than many of the posters who just come here, hook up with some girl, live off their pension, and hang out at the local pub. I work here, have a family (which I'm most definitely taking to the states). Have a 10 and 12 yr olds. What I see in their school books is absurd. The inability to speak up, challenge a teacher, point out blatant lies or incorrect facts in the text books is a tragedy for the kids here. I've had 3 kids of mine in the states go through American high schools and 2 of them to universities. There is absolutely zero comparison between the best of the best in Thailand and the mediocre in the states. The fact that people are dying in south over religious reasons is only happening in countries around the world that are truly backwards and ignorant.

Some have posted that I'm a quitter. That is not the case at all. I have come, I have experienced, I have immersed myself in the culture, economics, and politics of the country. There's just a heck of a lot better place for me to drop my stuff at and call home, where I have been vastly safter, freer, prosperous, healthier, etc. That for me, has been the US. I can totally understand why Europeans might like Thailand as an alternative home. If you take most European countries, they are a fraction of the size of the US, the economic difference between one city and the next is not like the difference between NYC and Jordan Valley, Oregon. The fact that the more prosperous countries in Europe are in the colder climates versus the climate of southern California, Florida, or Arizona doesn't allow Europeans to enjoy the same flexibility in where you want to plant your stuff in order to enjoy good weather. The smaller the European country is, the more homogenous it is, so in order to enjoy an exotic culture, different atmosphere, etc, you have to leave and move to a place like Thailand. In the states, I can live in Tuscan, AZ or Boston, MA. I can retire and split my time between the two. I can enjoy Puget Sound in Anacortes, WA or Tarpon fishing in Key West, FL. So, I'm not quitting, I'm just moving my stuff to a place where there's more of all the things I do like about Thailand, and few of the things I don't like about Thailand.

Hi gohmer, I'm one of your critics and I take back what I said about you not integrating if your story is true. The fact is though many of us here have learned to look past the bad and see the good. Your comment about food being polluted applies the world over (read the papers about mercury in fish caught in the west, heavy metals in tap water etc ). As for people dying over religion I take it you haven't heard of 9/11 or the Gulf war. People say the west is civilsed and yet despite the passing of centuries we re still fighting the Crusades - Christian vs Muslim only this time the Holy Grail is oil. The politicians tout the words war on terror but Like King Richard they are only interested in lining their pockets with gold and silver etc. Blair and Bush are now multi millionaires through their illegal invasion of Iraq and us poor peasants are picking up the pieces from the subsequent fall in stock prices and interest rates. Anyway I wish you all the best and good luck, I hope it all turns out for you - no hard feelingsthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Is this guy related to the numpty that suggested barter trade with Iran wouldn't fall under the international sanctions?

Me tinks the only people getting dumber in Thailand are the politicians. After all, they are only following in the footsteps of their western brethren, where intelligence has very little to do with getting elected.

Thai Democracy is built on the elections which gave him his position.

The Thai people have got what they voted for, for better or worse.

Wonder what he would say if his little daughter came home one day with a 60 yr old chang vest wearing, clap ridden old man from the west?

"Nice to meet you sir. Welcome to my family. You name Pseudolus? What that mean?". Maybe something like that? ;-)

• Like 1

I just don't understand why all of you winers just don't go back home...like I'm doing. Heading back to the states cause I just can't F'n deal with the level of ridiculousness in this country. I'd live in Detroit before Bangkok, Alabama before Surin, Denver before Chiang Mai any day of the week. I tried it for 6 years because work sent me here. I just can't deal with it anymore, and based on all the negative comments on these forums, I don't get why you all stay here. Can't work and earn social security, can't own a house, Farang pay 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x more for anything these people can gouge you for. Thai women are so jealous they become psychotic, dangerous evilness when the relationship doesn't work out. The corruption and ineffectiveness of the laws makes the worse of America look like Unicef. The military and police are the drug cartels. The food and water are deadly toxic from chemicals banned in the states 40+ years ago. And, let's not even talk about the driving, drunkenness, and out right hypocrisy of the so called followers of Buddhism. Sorry everyone, my sister just bought a small house on a piece of land with fruit trees in a nice quiet little town in Oregon last year for 1.3 million baht. You can't even do that here. See ya, wouldn't wanta be ya!

Geez Gohmer...

Your trying to deal with the "ridiculousness in this country"...shoot man...I'm trying to deal

with the absurdity of the entire universe! Since you didn't whine about the food I guess you

must like it. That said where in the US of <deleted> A can you get authentic Thai food with

the lovely ambience one has and experiences right here in LOS? I came here a very long

time ago, got frustrated then learned the language a bit and "got out amongst the natives"

and had a blast. It ain't so bad man...just takes some gettin used to that's all. Hell...I even

left a few times...only to really miss the place and the people I knew and then I pulled

a Mac Arthur (returned) and stayed. Gathered some moss (ole lady & a couple brats)

some excess baggage (houses & stuff) and...well...home is where your sh&t is, so my

sh&t is here and this is home. Anywhere in the States can be as bad as you make LOS

out to be...life's like that. Example...you sure as hell wouldn't wanna be a white man in

the LA district of Watts back in August 1965...neither would you have liked to be a tourist

in Bangkok around 17-20 May 1992 or Lumpini Park in BKK back in 2010. Then again;

it's your choice to leave so farewell and fair winds. Hope you find a job back in the States.

Perfectly said, you can make home where you stuff is. The job market is booming for my profession right now in the states, rates and salaries are up 40-50% from 2009 and I have a job waiting for me. I won't be able to have the great Thai food; however, there's every other type of food in the world there and I am pretty sure it won't contain DTD. I can buy milk in the states cheaper than here along with a long list of many other things, I can own the stuff I buy, not just lease it. I know that my purchases are protected with mostly either ethical business practices or laws that protect me from the unethical. I am confident that a minibus isn't going to be coming around a corner at 75mph in the wrong lane. As far as ambience, most of the places I go out to eat in Chiang Mai have loud traffic, excessive pollution, and the plate of rice is always served after you've already ate the Prik Gaang Moo. I also speak the language and have socialize with many, many Thais. I also have worked with over 100 college educated thais. So my immersion into the culture is far greater than many of the posters who just come here, hook up with some girl, live off their pension, and hang out at the local pub. I work here, have a family (which I'm most definitely taking to the states). Have a 10 and 12 yr olds. What I see in their school books is absurd. The inability to speak up, challenge a teacher, point out blatant lies or incorrect facts in the text books is a tragedy for the kids here. I've had 3 kids of mine in the states go through American high schools and 2 of them to universities. There is absolutely zero comparison between the best of the best in Thailand and the mediocre in the states. The fact that people are dying in south over religious reasons is only happening in countries around the world that are truly backwards and ignorant.

Some have posted that I'm a quitter. That is not the case at all. I have come, I have experienced, I have immersed myself in the culture, economics, and politics of the country. There's just a heck of a lot better place for me to drop my stuff at and call home, where I have been vastly safter, freer, prosperous, healthier, etc. That for me, has been the US. I can totally understand why Europeans might like Thailand as an alternative home. If you take most European countries, they are a fraction of the size of the US, the economic difference between one city and the next is not like the difference between NYC and Jordan Valley, Oregon. The fact that the more prosperous countries in Europe are in the colder climates versus the climate of southern California, Florida, or Arizona doesn't allow Europeans to enjoy the same flexibility in where you want to plant your stuff in order to enjoy good weather. The smaller the European country is, the more homogenous it is, so in order to enjoy an exotic culture, different atmosphere, etc, you have to leave and move to a place like Thailand. In the states, I can live in Tuscan, AZ or Boston, MA. I can retire and split my time between the two. I can enjoy Puget Sound in Anacortes, WA or Tarpon fishing in Key West, FL. So, I'm not quitting, I'm just moving my stuff to a place where there's more of all the things I do like about Thailand, and few of the things I don't like about Thailand.

Howdy Gohmer...

Had you put to words your original post as you did to my reply I would most likely

and simply wished you well in your endeavours. I agree with you now that you have

clarified the subject of your departure. As for me..I was raised in Southeast Asia

although born in the USA. Home for me is here...and...sometimes I even find that

hard to accept...but...home is where your stuff is! Have a good trip back "home"

and may the winds be at your back.

Well I ain't 60 or bald or fat. I hate the Chang Beer singlet look. I always dress smart casual and expect my girlfriends to be well dressed and presentable. No sloths allowed. However like a lot of Westerners I married a younger girl from the Issan region. She is beautiful, practical, and has restaurant standard cooking ability. She is a non drinker, non smoker and disliked tattoos. Perfect for me - as I like a drink but don't want to drive. She had nothing other than a young son, a divorce, no money and no future. I had it all in Australia - a good job, enough money and a good lifestyle.

I gave her all that I could and more. A perfect situation for her and her son. There was genuine love between us and many a good time. Unfortunately after 10 years of marriage it has all fallen apart. Her gambling (learned in Australia) has sent me broke and her multiple infidelities have broken my heart.

I will love her to the day I die. She was, after a lifetime of searching, the perfect girl for me. There will never be another girl like her again. However now her lawyer is circling for the kill. The rest of my life will be spent trying to repair the financial damage done in the divorce settlement. (Let alone the emotional damage) I will have to feed off of the stories of friends trips to Thailand as I won't be able to afford one for many years.

What is it with Thai girls? They will love you, feed you, treat you like a king yet with the same process that they eat, talk, walk and breathe air, they will <Snip!> around with no regret or guilt. It's like an inbuilt failing they have. My experiences are not alone amongst the Aust/Thai relationships I know. It's like you have an argument and they go & find someone (male) sympathetic to their problems ( read "I want to &lt;deleted&gt; you that's why I listening to you).

So yes Issan girls - marry a falang for an easier life but for us in the West it usually comes with a clause for a broken heart and heavy financial payment. Then the cycle starts again when they inevitably meet another foreigner. Ah but this time they have citizenship and Centrelink benefits.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity

I would like a wife.

Where do I go?

Is here a checklist or requisition form I need to fill out?

I believe one of the sponsors of this site does offer a standardised form you may fill up online and then have your pick of candidates. I don't know if they have special offers like "two for the price 0f one", perhaps someone with more experience will fill the info in.

• Like 1

Well I ain't 60 or bald or fat. I hate the Chang Beer singlet look. I always dress smart casual and expect my girlfriends to be well dressed and presentable. No sloths allowed. However like a lot of Westerners I married a younger girl from the Issan region. She is beautiful, practical, and has restaurant standard cooking ability. She is a non drinker, non smoker and disliked tattoos. Perfect for me - as I like a drink but don't want to drive. She had nothing other than a young son, a divorce, no money and no future. I had it all in Australia - a good job, enough money and a good lifestyle.

I gave her all that I could and more. A perfect situation for her and her son. There was genuine love between us and many a good time. Unfortunately after 10 years of marriage it has all fallen apart. Her gambling (learned in Australia) has sent me broke and her multiple infidelities have broken my heart.

I will love her to the day I die. She was, after a lifetime of searching, the perfect girl for me. There will never be another girl like her again. However now her lawyer is circling for the kill. The rest of my life will be spent trying to repair the financial damage done in the divorce settlement. (Let alone the emotional damage) I will have to feed off of the stories of friends trips to Thailand as I won't be able to afford one for many years.

What is it with Thai girls? They will love you, feed you, treat you like a king yet with the same process that they eat, talk, walk and breathe air, they will &lt;deleted&gt; around with no regret or guilt. It's like an inbuilt failing they have. My experiences are not alone amongst the Aust/Thai relationships I know. It's like you have an argument and they go & find someone (male) sympathetic to their problems ( read "I want to &lt;deleted&gt; you that's why I listening to you).

So yes Issan girls - marry a falang for an easier life but for us in the West it usually comes with a clause for a broken heart and heavy financial payment. Then the cycle starts again when they inevitably meet another foreigner. Ah but this time they have citizenship and Centrelink benefits.

You described my Thai wife and myself perfectly in your first paragraph except my wife is only 4 years younger than myself her son is the navy and i refer to him as my son and she had her own business when i met her. As for the description about going broke and infidelities, That describes my ex aussie wife perfectly

• Like 1

I would like a wife.

Where do I go?

Stay away from the bargirls. There are plenty of lovely honest women in Thailand. All the horror stories you here appear to be the result of farangs being snag by a girl from the bar. "Your so sexy and handsome" and they are hooked like they have been placed in a trance and no turning back until they are no longer useful.

To "Aussiebloke" poster - funny thing about a lot of Aussie women - even when my Thai wife was being dishonest she was more honest then a lot of Aussie women I've met.

A lot of Aussie friends have got the best screwing of their lives but unfortunately it was when they were in the Divorce process.

• Like 2

I would like a wife.

Where do I go?

I believe one of the sponsors of this site does offer a standardised form you may fill up online and then have your pick of candidates. I don't know if they have special offers like "two for the price 0f one", perhaps someone with more experience will fill the info in.

I went for the half price offer and they sent me a midgetbiggrin.png

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

All I can say about some of the comments on this site is they need to go back to the hell they came from and take their sorry attitudes with them. You are a guest in this country what gives you the right to pass judgement on anyone here especially the ladies. Anyone who knows anything about Thai ladies know they do not consider themselves prosties and most of the bar girls work there out of desperate need, for their family etc. So if you don"t like leave, you will do us all a favor by doing so. I was married to a western wife for years and hated most of it, I lived with a white woman for a while, I lived with a spanish woman for a while, I lived with a korean woman for a while and a philippina and all had the sorry western woman attitude. I have been with my Thai bar girl now for 7 years and have loved every minute of it. So western attitude be damned. Don't get me wrong I love my western country, now love Thailand,

• Like 2

All I can say about some of the comments on this site is they need to go back to the hell they came from and take their sorry attitudes with them. You are a guest in this country what gives you the right to pass judgement on anyone here especially the ladies. Anyone who knows anything about Thai ladies know they do not consider themselves prosties and most of the bar girls work there out of desperate need, for their family etc. So if you don"t like leave, you will do us all a favor by doing so. I was married to a western wife for years and hated most of it, I lived with a white woman for a while, I lived with a spanish woman for a while, I lived with a korean woman for a while and a philippina and all had the sorry western woman attitude. I have been with my Thai bar girl now for 7 years and have loved every minute of it. So western attitude be damned. Don't get me wrong I love my western country, now love Thailand,

No offence meant. Did you read the OP about the worthy gentleman, a Pheu Thai MP, who spoke about 'horizontal studying' and 'marry a farang for easy life'. There are a few pointers to the original clip hidden in the 400+ replies to this topic. From female colleagues here in Bangkok I understood they were not impressed at all.wai.gif

This gentleman does not seem very bright.

He pretty much insulted every Thai woman and Western man in Thailand.

Making uninformed statements regarding education, family and and foreign affairs in a single breath. This guy should work for Fox News.

Pllllease of course he is not bright hes an MP

No offence meant. Did you read the OP about the worthy gentleman, a Pheu Thai MP, who spoke about 'horizontal studying' and 'marry a farang for easy life'. There are a few pointers to the original clip hidden in the 400+ replies to this topic. From female colleagues here in Bangkok I understood they were not impressed at all.wai.gif

He must have skipped that part or he is in the wrong forum.

Just anoter one with "You are a guest here" and "If you dont like it here, leave" buttons on the keyboard.

• Like 1

He must have skipped that part or he is in the wrong forum.

Just anoter one with "You are a guest here" and "If you dont like it here, leave" buttons on the keyboard.

The standard "Pack your bags and leave" response is standard for those who have a different point of view and some of those who are offended by lifes little truths. Sort of like the child who grabs his bat and runs home to mum because the other children would not play his way.

• Like 1

This gentleman does not seem very bright.

He pretty much insulted every Thai woman and Western man in Thailand.

Making uninformed statements regarding education, family and and foreign affairs in a single breath. This guy should work for Fox News.

Pllllease of course he is not bright hes an MP

And if further confirmation of his non-brightness is needed, he's a Red Shirt Leader. wink.png

sunai-red-shirt.jpg

Edited by Buchholz