Fly 'N' Ferry Service, Nok Air

I am thinking about coming to Koh Samui in January (about the 9th) for about a week. We will be flying from BKK. The Bangkok air flights are looking quite expensive so my alternative is Nok Air. The flight from BKK on the 9th Jan leaves BKK at 11.30am, flies to Surat Thani and then there is a catamaran that takes you to Koh Samui (Nar Ton Pier). Arriving in Koh Samui at 17.45pm. I assume the flight is about 1 hour so how is the other 5 hours used up ? is there a long bus journey or is it just waiting time for the ferry ?

On the Nok air website it says:

"This is a Nok Air Fly'n'Ferry service. Fly'n'Ferry means that you fly with Nok Air from Bangkok to Surat Thani with a convenient connection by coach to Laem Thuat pier.There, you then board a Hi-speed catamaran that is waiting to take you to Koh Samui".

My question is where is Laem Thuat Pier ? is it in Surat Thani ? because when I click on the catamaran link they give the route map shows all the routes leaving from Chumorn which looks to be quite far from Surat Thani.

Have any of you guys done this trip with Nok air ?

Edited by johnson36

Laem Thuat Pier is in Donsak, Suratthani. Once you land (1pm maybe), usually late and collect your bags ( 1.20 - 2pm depending on how late you are) + maybe a 90 min bus ride to Donsak (2.50-3.30pm) and the ferry leaves at 5.00pm and 45mins to Samui.

So maybe 90 mins downtime at Donsak.

Approximate times only without researching too much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Laem+Thuat+Pier&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs

http://www.lomprayah.com/surat/surat.html

when I arrive in Koh Samui at Nar Ton Pier can I rent a scooter there (how much) or should I wait till I arrive in Chaweng ? Roughly how much are the taxis / baht buses / pickups from Nar Ton Pier to Chaweng ? Not sure which hotel I am going to book yet but my friend stayed at Samui lagoon bay a few years ago and said it was nice so I might try that.

Edited by johnson36

Standard price for taxi from Nathon to Chaweng is 400bt.

Pickups maybe 100/person. If you're going to stay in Chaweng, I think you should rent a bike there as well.

Scooter from 200 bt or more depending on model.

I am not sure if Lomprayah fast ferry does this on this route.... but worth asking...when you book.

Because if you use Lomprayah ferry service from BKK, Chumpon or KT or KP. to Maenam, you ask for drop off service... cost is 100 baht (perhaps 150 baht, now?) and delivered to your hotel or home anywhere on Samui.... but you have to book when buying ticket... It's a good deal. thumbsup.gif

Anyone happen to know if they do this with the Fly 'n' Ferry service to Nathon?

when I arrive in Koh Samui at Nar Ton Pier can I rent a scooter there (how much) or should I wait till I arrive in Chaweng ? Roughly how much are the taxis / baht buses / pickups from Nar Ton Pier to Chaweng ? Not sure which hotel I am going to book yet but my friend stayed at Samui lagoon bay a few years ago and said it was nice so I might try that.

If you don't have much luggage get a motor-taxi, perhaps 150 Baht if you haggle.

If you don't have much luggage get a motor-taxi, perhaps 150 Baht if you haggle.

A motor-taxi, that's novel. I now know why the taxis are so slow, they must be the ones without motors, pedal power.wink.png

• Like 1