Thailand Property Sales Help Uk Firm Achieve Record-Breaking Month

http://www.ddproperty.com/en/property-news/2012/8/1634/thailand-property-sales-to-overseas-buyers-on-the-

Yet more evidence that interest in Thailand property from overseas is increasing. This is just one of about six or seven stories that DDProperty.com has published in the last two months which underlines how more people from overseas - both regionally and further afield - are actively purchasing property in Thailand.

So they sold 15 properties last month. Good for them.

Yup - but this, combined with other sales data and research reports which have been published in the last six weeks or so, shows there is a distinct increase in overseas interest in Thailand property. How long will it last? That's anyones guess.

Khun Jean. Sorry, I do not agree. I wrote and published the story because it provides information on a current trend and not to promote the company. If sales were down or the news was negative I would also report that fact. You'll see from the 100+ property stories that are published on DDProperty.com every month in Thai and English that we provide balanced coverage of the market. I do occasionally comment on trends within stories but other than that we let the reader decide whether they see value in the information. We are not a real estate agent.

Any paid-for editorials or advertorials that we publish anywhere on PropertyGuru websites throughout Southeast Asia are always identified as such.

Edited by andy1308

'

Khun Jean. Sorry, I do not agree. I wrote and published the story because it provides information on a current trend and not to promote the company. If sales were down or the news was negative I would also report that fact. You'll see from the 100+ property stories that are published on DDProperty.com every month in Thai and English that we provide balanced coverage of the market. I do occasionally comment on trends within stories but other than that we let the reader decide whether they see value in the information. We are not a real estate agent.

Any paid-for editorials or advertorials that we publish anywhere on PropertyGuru websites throughout Southeast Asia are always identified as such.

Who is the 'we' then.

So you do have an interest in real estate. And the post is just to get links to your articles. Normally you would use an advertisement for that.

Negative stories are always turned around in 'now is the time to buy' stories or are not reported at all.

Anyone in real estate will always say 'now' is the best time, because it is there living.

Buyers should be aware of current economic troubles that are just starting to hit real estate.

The best info you can get about real prices for real estate is saving advertisements from last year and compare them to this year.

The 'trend' is that more is for sale then ever before pointing to an oversupply that will lower prices. Property takes much longer to sell or rent, again pointing to lower prices and lower profits.

Sure more will be sold but profits are down and even losses are incurred. Not of interest for brokers of course (the more sales the more commission) but for owners and investors that is what it is about.

Keep in mind that exchange rates especially for US,UK and European buyers is around 20% less than only 1-2 years ago again making it more difficult to sell.

A small blip is not a trend.

That which seems clear to me is that the developments now in Pattaya are for holiday lets.

A recently announced new condominium development with 1000 + condos in South Pattaya has sizes 22,27,34.5 and 63 Sq. M. The 63 boasts 2 bedrooms.

Condos for sleeping in –not for living in.

Anybody any thoughts as to where the users of these condos are-in the main - likely to coming from?

Edited by Delight

'

Who is the 'we' then.

So you do have an interest in real estate. And the post is just to get links to your articles. Normally you would use an advertisement for that.

Negative stories are always turned around in 'now is the time to buy' stories or are not reported at all.

Anyone in real estate will always say 'now' is the best time, because it is there living.

Buyers should be aware of current economic troubles that are just starting to hit real estate.

The best info you can get about real prices for real estate is saving advertisements from last year and compare them to this year.

The 'trend' is that more is for sale then ever before pointing to an oversupply that will lower prices. Property takes much longer to sell or rent, again pointing to lower prices and lower profits.

Sure more will be sold but profits are down and even losses are incurred. Not of interest for brokers of course (the more sales the more commission) but for owners and investors that is what it is about.

Keep in mind that exchange rates especially for US,UK and European buyers is around 20% less than only 1-2 years ago again making it more difficult to sell.

A small blip is not a trend.

Thanks Khun Jean. I am a journalist (with 20+ years experience) for Thailand's number one property website and I provide links to stories, yes, but only those that I believe will be of interest to Thai Visa readers. I probably only link to around 1 in 50 of the property stories that we, DDProperty.com, publish. We have no interest in whether the market is up or down or whether the news is positive or negative. Either way people need to advertise and that's how our company generates its revenue.

In terms of the trend I noted earlier today, we've reported facts in the last two months which show that more overseas buyers are looking at, and buying property in, Thailand. These are facts I have personally verified, as well as public data from established and respected property market anaylsts, not only in Thailand but in other parts of the world.

I believe this is more than just a blip; it's a definable increase and it's happening now. We're seeing more Thai agents and developers wanting to get exposure outside Thailand, and to me that says a lot. Yes - it might be six months before we know how strong this interest actually is, but I would expect that many agents and developers in Thailand are also seeing increased interest from overseas at the moment.

I note you point about an increase in property for sale and that's something I will investigate and see what data is out there. If that's a fact then it's something that needs to be reported and I'll certainly do that.

That's a bit harsh KJ, the guy is reporting a fact that there is more overseas interest in property purchases in Thailand, nothing more.

Why would anyone want to buy in Aus,USA,HK or GB for prices starting from 100,000Bt/Sqm (Forex $/Bht) when you can buy a new large apartment here for 1/4 of that with a secure title in your own name.If you want 150sgm and up to 260sqm you can buy new here for about 33,000Sqm.

an extract from the article

"The U.K.-based company sold 120 units during the month – a 20 percent increase on its previous record-breaking month which saw 100 unit sales in March. More than 15 percent of its total global sales in July were of Thailand property, and that number is on the rise on the back of increasing interest in property in Thailand."

"The U.K.-based company sold 120 units during the month" which month is the month? August would be most likely as that's the month that has just passed?

"More than 15 percent of its total global sales in July were of Thailand property" 15% of what? What were the total sales in July,?

Why does the article appear to associate record sales in one month with 15% of global sales being in Thailand in another month?

What is the trend? what happened between the record breaking month (March) and the latest month?

What happened in April , June and July?

What happened last year and the year before?

Edited by 54321
  • Like 1

That's a bit harsh KJ, the guy is reporting a fact that there is more overseas interest in property purchases in Thailand, nothing more.

Why would anyone want to buy in Aus,USA,HK or GB for prices starting from 100,000Bt/Sqm (Forex $/Bht) when you can buy a new large apartment here for 1/4 of that with a secure title in your own name.If you want 150sgm and up to 260sqm you can buy new here for about 33,000Sqm.

Good luck with that....

Up here in CM which I thought was supposed to be cheap prices of new units are more or less 40kpsqm across the board, and I don't find them well finished that's the starting point from which you amend or add to the tiles, the kitchen, the electrics, the door framing etc.

I can find one cheaper building Casa Condo which states they are aiming at the economy unit buyer it's 35k if I remember.....no doubt you get what you pay for. Near Nimman more like 50kpsqm. Personally I favour the handful of well run older buildings where you know how they are going to stand up and importantly they already have running committees instead of the potential for "developer-abuse".

Having said that I agree with the OP it's still cheap here and there is an inexorable meta trend which will continue through ups and downs due to increasing internationality of people and the communications revolution meaning you can entertain yourself, TV, internet, radio etc etc just like at home. Tis was never possible before and is slowly taking effect. Add to it the improvement in healthcare and much more bang for the buck and it's inevitable.

BTW Andy I had a quick look at your site and saw a CM condo for sale 38 sqm at 400k, even giving the per metre price at 10k or so. It was only when I looked at the picture I saw One Plus condo watermarked across it. i knew the prices there are about 40kpsqm. It turns out they will take a "down" of 400k for a full price of 1.6m. Suggest you amend this and would highly recommend naming the condo building in all ads which doesn't seem to be the case just giving area. There are only so many condos much more useful to give name. Just sayin'.......

Cheeryble

Edited by cheeryble

Good luck with that....

Up here in CM which I thought was supposed to be cheap prices of new units are more or less 40kpsqm across the board, and I don't find them well finished that's the starting point from which you amend or add to the tiles, the kitchen, the electrics, the door framing etc.

I can find one cheaper building Casa Condo which states they are aiming at the economy unit buyer it's 35k if I remember.....no doubt you get what you pay for. Near Nimman more like 50kpsqm. Personally I favour the handful of well run older buildings where you know how they are going to stand up and importantly they already have running committees instead of the potential for "developer-abuse".

Having said that I agree with the OP it's still cheap here and there is an inexorable meta trend which will continue through ups and downs due to increasing internationality of people and the communications revolution meaning you can entertain yourself, TV, internet, radio etc etc just like at home. Tis was never possible before and is slowly taking effect. Add to it the improvement in healthcare and much more bang for the buck and it's inevitable.

BTW Andy I had a quick look at your site and saw a CM condo for sale 38 sqm at 400k, even giving the per metre price at 10k or so. It was only when I looked at the picture I saw One Plus condo watermarked across it. i knew the prices there are about 40kpsqm. It turns out they will take a "down" of 400k for a full price of 1.6m. Suggest you amend this and would highly recommend naming the condo building in all ads which doesn't seem to be the case just giving area. There are only so many condos much more useful to give name. Just sayin'.......

Cheeryble

"Just saying"

and so you should if a company appears to be trying to deliberately mislead customers

"Just saying"

and so you should if a company appears to be trying to deliberately mislead customers

Errr...

I didn't suggest that would give the benefit of the doubt maybe that the girl in the office didn't pay attention to detail.

Once again though it's boring guessing which condo building the condo for sale is in on the DD website when it could easily say so instead of just the area. Would save time when sifting through ads.