Best Gym In Pattaya Now That Cwow Is Gone?

glbv

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at Fairtex sports club in Pattaya Nua. I think I'm going to join soon, new equipment, nice clean big gym with all that you need, clean locker room, suana, free towels, tv's, and not too busy. It's bt9,500.00 for the year, that's gym only, can pay more for pool, tennis, badminton etc..also have muay thai there too if interested.

Have a look at Fairtex sports club in Pattaya Nua. I think I'm going to join soon, new equipment, nice clean big gym with all that you need, clean locker room, suana, free towels, tv's, and not too busy. It's bt9,500.00 for the year, that's gym only, can pay more for pool, tennis, badminton etc..also have muay thai there too if interested.

9500 for the year, last time i checked it was quite a bit more than that, that was about 3 or 4 years ago though, can you use sauna and pool with that price?

9500 for a year is an amazeing price compaired to here in Bangkok so I'm happy with that. I'm at 1750 a month at Truefitness that comes out to 21000 for a year. Thanks for the recommendation.

9500 for the year, last time i checked it was quite a bit more than that, that was about 3 or 4 years ago though, can you use sauna and pool with that price?

I was in there about a fortnight ago and it was bt9,500.00

It includes sauna but not pool, for the pool it was something like an extra 3k a year.

It includes sauna but not pool, for the pool it was something like an extra 3k a year.

Pattaya City Expat Club members get a 10% discount.

WOO HOO!!!

Thanks, i'll check it out.

Now you tell me, joined last month, never thought about that one. Also a steam room some times working some times not.

(We have al ong thread running already discussing in detail all gyms in Pattaya)

In a nutshell, no there nothing even close to California Wow. Fairtex barely rates a consideration. It's far too small and has very limited equipment. It's ok for a casual trainer at off peak times.

Edited by tropo

(We have al ong thread running already discussing in detail all gyms in Pattaya)

In a nutshell, no there nothing even close to California Wow. Fairtex barely rates a consideration. It's far too small and has very limited equipment. It's ok for a casual trainer at off peak times.

please lord,not again.

please lord,not again.

Well obviously you want to start again.

The OP wants to find a gym in Pattaya "up to par" with California Wow and some members are touting Fairtex as the one. It is not. If you want to argue that point, go ahead and offer some insight.

Edited by tropo

please lord,not again.

saw that one coming a mile away. Standby for action stations

9500 for a year is an amazeing price compaired to here in Bangkok so I'm happy with that. I'm at 1750 a month at Truefitness that comes out to 21000 for a year. Thanks for the recommendation.

The OP mentions a towel service. There was none at CAWOW Pattaya.

As for Fairtex, the price I got when I visited a week after CAWOW closure (perhaps mid July?) was thb8639 - I just found the slip of paper the manager wrote it on. That's for gym only and the classes (except yoga). These are annual fees.

Then a few weeks after that perhaps in early August, when it was apparent that CAWOW's closure might be, dare I say it, permanent, some CAWOW members (mainly ladies) got a group of ex CAWOW together and joined en masse - they got it for thb7,500. I was asked if I wanted to join but I did not take up that group offer but that's how I accidentally found out.

Hope above is helpful for those looking at Fairtex.

Edited by doggie888888

Centara at Wong Amart had a good mention in the other thread. Forgot the price . . . .

That is a very good option for a cardio enthusiast who also likes to train casually with weights. They have a good line up of brand new machines and cardio equipment in a very nice environment. I think it was about 27,000 per year.

Hands down this is the best cardio gym in Pattaya. They also have brand new Cybex Arc Trainers, the only ones I've seen in Pattaya.

(We have a long thread running already discussing in detail all gyms in Pattaya)

please lord,not again.

saw that one coming a mile away. Standby for action stations

Why don't you guys add some useful comments or reports about gyms instead of taking stabs at members who have a lot of experience in gyms?

Then a few weeks after that perhaps in early August, when it was apparent that CAWOW's closure might be, dare I say it, permanent, some CAWOW members (mainly ladies) got a group of ex CAWOW together and joined en masse - they got it for thb7,500. I was asked if I wanted to join but I did not take up that group offer but that's how I accidentally found out.

Hope above is helpful for those looking at Fairtex.

Beware! It could be getting quite crowded in there now.

Fairtex is too busy in the evening (small size makes it easier to be crowded) Very dark inside also. Small steamroom and sauna (when they are working). The only decent gyms are in the 5 star hotels but with their inflated membership prices, they certainly discourage most locals to join.

The only decent gyms are in the 5 star hotels but with their inflated membership prices, they certainly discourage most locals to join.

That would depend on how you describe a "decent gym". Irrespective of price, hotel gyms are not serious options for hardcore trainers, only casual trainers and people on holiday. I think Centara wins the prize for hotel gyms.

I believe the OP is a hardcore trainer. His only options are Tony's, Castra and Universe, in that order. Only Tony's and Universe are convenient if he resides in Central Pattaya. It's a lousy selection compared to California Wow, but that's how it is until a new player comes into town to fill the hole.

Edited by tropo

Having been a member of gyms in many parts of the world and previously years ago working in one, I must say Fairtex is fantastic. 9.500 a year gets gym membership and haggle for use of pool. 10, 15, 20 times, I got 20. Free large and small towels, freindly staff, sauna, hot showers with soap and shampoo. Easy free parking, the gym has a large selection of free weights and fixed weight machines along with cardio equiptment which is more than enough for any level of training. Opens 6am so ideal for those like me that workout befor going to work. Only problem would be if too many from CWow join it may become overcrowded.

Having been a member of gyms in many parts of the world and previously years ago working in one, I must say Fairtex is fantastic. 9.500 a year gets gym membership and haggle for use of pool. 10, 15, 20 times, I got 20. Free large and small towels, freindly staff, sauna, hot showers with soap and shampoo. Easy free parking, the gym has a large selection of free weights and fixed weight machines along with cardio equiptment which is more than enough for any level of training. Opens 6am so ideal for those like me that workout befor going to work. Only problem would be if too many from CWow join it may become overcrowded.

Calling Fairtex a fantastic gym is a bit of a stretch, especially from someone who has been a member of many gyms around the world and worked in gyms. For a serious weight trainer it's barely adequate. The main problem is its too small, but that's a big problem if there's a crowd.

Calling Fairtex a fantastic gym is a bit of a stretch, especially from someone who has been a member of many gyms around the world and worked in gyms. For a serious weight trainer it's barely adequate. The main problem is its too small, but that's a big problem if there's a crowd.

Yes its small so with an influx of new members could be overcrowded but they should have a maximum membership limit anyway. Anyone that is a 'serious trainer' would find adequate equiptment there. Large selection of free weights, many fixed weights for shoulders, chest/pecs, crossover, scot press etc etc. More than enough to have a full body workout, whether toning up, muscle gain or weight loss.

Yes its small so with an influx of new members could be overcrowded but they should have a maximum membership limit anyway. Anyone that is a 'serious trainer' would find adequate equiptment there. Large selection of free weights, many fixed weights for shoulders, chest/pecs, crossover, scot press etc etc. More than enough to have a full body workout, whether toning up, muscle gain or weight loss.

Well, we certainly have a different idea about what a "fantastic gym" is. A fantastic gym to me, for example, would be a Gold's Gym in Las Vegas. California Wow was ok and Fairtex doesn't even get a look in.

I could have a good full body workout in a garage with some DB's and Barbells, but that wouldn't mean it was a good gym.

So there you go OP. We have a vote for Fairtex being a fantastic gym and the new Tony's on Soi Buakhao as a great gym.

You'll have to give them a go and see as we all have different opinions.

Royal Cliff Resort is worth a mention. Not a pro body builder's gym, but a good fitness gym, great locker room, truly the best tennis courts in Pattaya, sauna, steam, classes including yoga, muay thai, wifi, parking, and is never, ever crowded. B19,000/year.

• 2 months later...