Your Chain's Fine!

karlos

how does a rear wheel slip backwards ... due to extra torque.... on a cbr 150.. ?

Anyway, if you over tightened the axle bolt , this would most likely end up crushing the cheap box-iron swingarm than stripping the axle bolt ?

You obviously never saw one of his famous modified CBR150s. For example he replaced the airfilter with vacuum cleaner bags and rode with a mixture of 1/2 benzine 1/2 kerosine. Everything can happen with such torque boosters involved laugh.pngwink.png

And back on topic, uhummm! biggrin.png

I had a spare 10 mins after work this evening and adjusted the chain myself, nothing new to me so it was a walk in the park.

I'm still shocked that the Tw@ at Kawasaki (Real motorsport) claimed the tension was fine, i'm fed up with their mechanics now and will do everything myself. Only going to them for the stamp that's required every 6000km. It's been a few years since i adjusted the valves on my ZX6R back home in old blighty, but with the mileage i'm currently doing on my 2012 Ninja 650 i think i'm going to have the pleasure of doing that again early next year, as there's not a chance in hell i'm letting them touch my shims!!

Edited by karlos

I'm still shocked that the Tw@ at Kawasaki (Real motorsport) claimed the tension was fine, i'm fed up with their mechanics now and will do everything myself.

Welcome to the club smile.png

Today i bought a new battery for my Nouvo Elegance. I refused the shops friendly offer of replacing the old battery for free. So i changed it myself in front of the shop and gave them the old battery back. I do not trust anyone anywhere anytime. No, never again, not even a battery on my scooter! laugh.png

Plenty of complaints aimed at the general manager by myself but i think things need to be taken a little higher.... Higher than Rama 9, who think that an airfilter should be replaced every 2 years irrespective of mileage and riding conditions.... Hmmmmm :S

I'll look into it, i've had a few issues with the shop now and think they are worthy of a letter of complaint, although this is a first for me.... But then again my previous bikes were owned in England

Plenty of complaints aimed at the general manager by myself but i think things need to be taken a little higher.... Higher than Rama 9

I imagine the GM would have just agreed with you and then done nothing about it. Can't make a Thai staff member lose face just because he's incompetent. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

how does a rear wheel slip backwards ... due to extra torque.... on a cbr 150.. ?

Anyway, if you over tightened the axle bolt , this would most likely end up crushing the cheap box-iron swingarm than stripping the axle bolt ?

well the simple solution would be for you to go and loosen your axle nut, ride around and comeback and report what happens.

You think it will stay in place? Go and do a few drag race kind of starts and see if it moves back further than it you take off normally.

The swingarm wont get crushed, the chain adjustment brackets inside the swingarm which go around the axle inside the swingarm prevent that from happening.

Edited by KRS1