How Much Is The Samsung S2 In Thailand?

levinsu4841

I've actually had a cracked SGS2 screen replaced here in Thailand, earlier this year. I believe it cost a bit under 5000 (maybe ~4500) baht at the Samsung service center in Chiang Mai--far cheaper than replacing the phone. It took a few days, as they had to have a replacement screen shipped, but the phone was returned to me as good as new, with the same Super AMOLED+ screen type as the original.

The screen or the phone? The price of the S2 has gone down recently, saw on for 16,500baht last week.

i bought an S2 in MBK for 12,400 2 months ago ... might be slightly cheaper now.

The grey-market SGS2 seems to be ~ 13,000 today. Grey-market prices due fluctuate significantly due to a number of issues.

Can you share the name of the shop? And also the Model no. (I9100LKAnnn)? (Model no. from the box or Settings, About phone, model no.)

The 15,000 price I quoted was for official Samsung Thailand subsidiary (THL) product.

They are now selling at Walmart in the US for $300 (9000thb) without a contract. I'm hoping that means the prices out here will be dropping soon as well. This was just announced this week. http://www.mobiletor...e-availibility/

it is i bit misleading

on the header it just states available off contract , but no price

reads the article and the price of 299 is with a contract

"Potential buyers can get hold of the handset at a price of $299 by pairing up the device with the carrier’s Monthly4G tariff."

"price via Walmart amounts to $299 on a Monthly4G contract plan that starts at $30 per month"

They are now selling at Walmart in the US for $300 (9000thb) without a contract. I'm hoping that means the prices out here will be dropping soon as well. This was just announced this week. http://www.mobiletor...e-availibility/

it is i bit misleading

"Potential buyers can get hold of the handset at a price of $299 by pairing up the device with the carrier’s Monthly4G tariff."

"price via Walmart amounts to $299 on a Monthly4G contract plan that starts at $30 per month"

I have read about this deal from multiple locations and it's without a contract. It's paired with a plan that requires no yearly commitment so even though I think you might pay for 1 month there is no contact required.

edit: I just went to the walmart site and looked around. It's clear what phones require 2 year contract and what doesn't. This one comes with a $30 prepaid phone card so your initial OOP expense is $330 and that includes the $30 prepaid card that you can either use, sell (giveaway), or toss.

http://www.walmart.c...e-Card/21631986

Edited by Jayman

it is i bit misleading

I think we covered this in another thread? At least I think we did. This is just Walmart trying to get rid of older, excess stock. Maybe wait another 30 days and it'll be $199, aka the "blue-light" special. ;)

This is a special SGS2 variant, the T989, designed specifically for T-Mo's AWS (1700/2100) network. This phone is locked to T-Mo, and based on a cursory review of threads on XDA, appears to be unlockable without a code from T-Mo, which they may not chose to give until after at least a few months service. It does look like you could get it for $330, plus any sales tax, which would give you 30 days service on T-Mo. I'm not sure if you have to get top-ups from Walmart, or T-Mo, or both, or if you can use this on one of T-Mos MVNOs, like StraightTalk - I think not on the latter.

I guess if you could get it unlocked, then it would work on 850 MHz 3G here. Of course any warranty issues would require transporting it back to the U.S.

I guess it's just not relevant to the topic?

it is i bit misleading

This is just Walmart trying to get rid of older, excess stock. Maybe wait another 30 days and it'll be $199, aka the "blue-light" special. wink.png

I guess it's just not relevant to the topic?

The relevance is that the gs2 is an older model and the prices around the world are dropping.

The screen or the phone? The price of the S2 has gone down recently, saw on for 16,500baht last week.

i bought an S2 in MBK for 12,400 2 months ago ... might be slightly cheaper now.

If you buy in MBK you will get what you think is a sealed unopened box. However when you get home you may find that the seal has been carefully broken already and the box was resealed in plastic to look new and unopened.

This happened to me with the Galaxy S-1. I am not sure what if anything was taken out of the box. Certainly you do not need a guarantee card to get repairs in Thailand. I had the screen replaced by Samsung with no proof of purchase or guarantee card required. (faulty front microphone requiring full front replacement).

Maybe there was an international guarantee card or headphones removed. Maybe check with Samsung first to see what you expect to get for your money and ask if the MBK price includes the same.