Warning: Flash Floods To Hit Most Of Thailand On Sep 2-5

webfact

DDPM: Flash floods to hit most of Thailand on Sep 2-5

BANGKOK, 31 August 2012 (NNT) - The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has issued a warning for residents in the North, Northeast, East and central region to brace for flash floods, forest runoffs and heavy rain during September 2-5.

DDPM chief Wiboon Sanguanpong said widespread heavy rains and scattered thunder showers across most of the country could trigger flash floods, wild floods and mudslides.

Residents living near hillsides and waterways are advised to closely follow the weather forecasts and alerts as well as to be prepared to evacuate as soon as the floods hit.

Mr Wiboon said the department is coordinating with local DDPM offices nationwide in preparing rescue and emergency gear as well as closely monitoring the situation.

Flood victims are urged to contact their local DDPM office or to call their 1784 hotline for further assistance.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-08-31 footer_n.gif

We had a real belly washer today, and there's another angry cloud rumbling to the south right now.

But it had been quite a while since the last one.

Guess you are reporting on Canada, since your name is the only clue as to where one might get their belly washed...

I know a few places in Thailand where you get other body parts washed too...

We had a real belly washer today, and there's another angry cloud rumbling to the south right now.

Guess you are reporting on Canada, since your name is the only clue as to where one might get their belly washed...

Yes of course, I should have said up near Wawee, Chiang Rai.

But I am sure it rained somewhere in Canada too. It's pretty big

I thought they recently guaranteed no more floods?

Or was that only in relation to the specific government officials own private residences (and those of their friends)? cheesy.gifwhistling.gif

I think there is no need for testing the flood way as promised by Plodsadrop, if it's gonna flash flood AND if he wants to test AT THE SAME TIME… cheesy.gifwhistling.gif

If this does happen the relevant authorities may better delaying their flood testing.

With the water for the tests already reserved downstreams from Chai Nat dam (according to MoSc. Plodprasop), it might be a good idea to let the tests be done as planned to avoid too much water stuck behind the Chai Nat dam ?ermm.gif

DDPM must have their secret weather predicting radar working again but apparently it is the Red Shirt version since it goes against the PM's prediction of no flooding. Flood no flood come on guys make your mind up mother nature has had enough and so have we! My prediction, it will flood like crazy again and Thailand will repeat its cycle of incompetence once again hopefully without the boat propellors.

• Like 1

gully washer???blink.png

Calm down, it will all read different when your out of your teens. thumbsup.gif ........smile.png

Crackdown on PMs who promised "no flooding this year", please! biggrin.png

Maybe we should have a crackdown on posters who keep churning out this ridiculous reference. Now you have opened the floodgates. I have no time for Barbie, but when she made her now infamous comment, she was referring to major flooding if the preparations were completed as "planned". No one can legislate for flashfloods which are the result of intense precipitation rates exceeding infiltration rates.

If enough water gets into BKK to overtop her burberry bootees, then fair enough she will have made a major blunder,,,,, and THEN she will be fair game.

• Like 2

Crackdown on PMs who promised "no flooding this year", please! biggrin.png

Maybe we should have a crackdown on posters who keep churning out this ridiculous reference. Now you have opened the floodgates. I have no time for Barbie, but when she made her now infamous comment, she was referring to major flooding if the preparations were completed as "planned". No one can legislate for flashfloods which are the result of intense precipitation rates exceeding infiltration rates.

If enough water gets into BKK to overtop her burberry bootees, then fair enough she will have made a major blunder,,,,, and THEN she will be fair game.

hehehe sorry just makeing states such as these she gets no slack, there is flooding somewhere

Thailand's flood prevention systems are designed to improve water management and thereby prevent the systemic flooding of the Nation's Heartland and cities including Bangkok. I think you'll find that no water management system can prevent localized flash flooding.

• Like 2

What a ridiculous headline "Flashfloods to hit most of Thailand" when the DDPM actually said "widespread heavy rains and scattered thunder showers across most of the country could trigger flash floods". Not really the same thing, is it?

• Like 1