Bkk- Mukdahan

swissie

As I just learned, a friend of mine now lives near Mukdahan. I am invited to visit. A few questions:

- Buses going there from BKK (Mochit or Ekamai?)

A long way, but I have no problems with long bus-rides as long as it's an air-con bus.

- Across the border (Savannakhet) there seems to be an airport. What airline flies to this place ?

- What's the landscape look like around Mukdahan ? The city, Mukdahan itself ? Have never been in this corner of Thailand.

Thanks & cheers.

Busses go from morchit or pattaya, different companies. up to you. from pattaya its the yellow bus company. air con bus, and some busses have vip class.

Laos airlines goes to savannakhet, http://www.laoairlines.com/flights/flight-schedule.html. scroll down for savannakhet - bkk- savannakhet schedule. but please aware that you will need a visa (visa on arrival) for laos, this cost you about 1500 baht, depending on your home country. the bus from bkk or pattaya is cheaper than the visa fees.

the landscape around muk is plane, but a bit outside of the city you can see mountains. its just the typical isaan landscape.

some other ppl might fill in about muk itself. i only know the bus station and border.