Thai Boxing Camp

meadish_sweetball

I have a friend who has learned Thai boxing at a camp in Rawai, Phuket a couple of times. Each time, he would stay for about a month.

Now he is wondering if there are any similar options here in Chiang Mai. He doesn't speak Thai, but he is familiar enough with Thai boxing already that only very basic English should still work.

I'll let the real boxers answer the question, but will state that it seems a lot of farang studying Thai boxing seem to be enrolled at a school just up the soi from my apt bldg.

I see them all the time in my neighborhood, in the area around Wat Chang Kian (north of Huay Kaew Rd. near CMU).

Lanna Muay Thai Boxing Camp:

http://lannamuaythai.com/

• Like 1

There's many camps, some are small and out of town. Some of the better known are Lanna (near CMU), Quest (near the airport), and Tiger (Mae Rim). Tiger is a new branch of the Phuket location. Any of them take boxers at all levels, experienced or not. Good luck.

• Like 1

There's many camps, some are small and out of town. Some of the better known are Lanna (near CMU), Quest (near the airport), and Tiger (Mae Rim). Tiger is a new branch of the Phuket location. Any of them take boxers at all levels, experienced or not. Good luck.

Tiger offer the same things as they do in Phuket?

I think there are 2 or 3 training camps in Rawai; i used to go many times; take photos, watch them train; say "rather you than me"

all very professional set ups; but many were there for the ED visa; its classed like the thai language schools so it has status to get an ED visa.

Now for those who are not deadly serious about learning either (just need the visa) which would you say is "bailed out of" first? thai language or being kicked to f1ck

Tiger offer the same things as they do in Phuket?

Yes, but looks like some of the construction is ongoing.

Many thanks for all your suggestions.

In case you have tried any of these places in person, a short review of your experience would be great too. If you don't want to post it publicly for some reason, feel free to PM me.

Just to clarify, my friend is not interested in a long-stay visa, as he's based elsewhere.