Mae Sot, Hotels

Spaniel

Well if you want something out of the ordinary I can really recommend First Hotel, most incredible wood carvings I have ever encountered, the whole hotel seems to be a wood carving. I like the place. Not expensive.

Mae Sot not endowed with big hotels, Centara the biggest but really not worth the money. . Most places are small but decent, the people in this neck of the woods are very hospitable. Try to eat at the Passport restaurant at HCTC . That's the hotel training college, superb food, good cocktails and kids really wanting to learn the business.

Edited by roamer

A couple of months ago I stayed at the J2 Hotel en route through Mae Sot. New, clean, wifi, inexpensive (don't remember the price but somehting like 700-800 baht inc. breakfast). tel 055-546-999 or 055-547-000. As you come into town from Tak take the second exit from the roundabout heading into the city. It's maybe a further 2 kilometres, on the left, just after the major intersection with the trafffic lights.

On the way in you'll pass another large hotel on the right (can't remember the name) which is usually full of UN people and hard to get a room at. I've stayed there as well and it's good - same sort of price and setup.

Edited by Artamus

Yep, contact the Arisa Hotel In Mae Sot. It's about 1 Km from the Airport and Main Bus Terminal. 1 year old, so it is in tip-top condition. Plus, everyone that spends the night gets a voucher for the breakfast buffet. Call before you go, as it is usually booked up. And yes, I have spent several trips there myself. thumbsup.gif

Well if you want something out of the ordinary I can really recommend First Hotel, most incredible wood carvings I have ever encountered, the whole hotel seems to be a wood carving. I like the place. Not expensive.

Mae Sot not endowed with big hotels, Centara the biggest but really not worth the money. . Most places are small but decent, the people in this neck of the woods are very hospitable. Try to eat at the Passport restaurant at HCTC . That's the hotel training college, superb food, good cocktails and kids really wanting to learn the business.

First hotel. Cheap n good. Don't go for the family room as its on the top floor, together with the washing machines n stuffs kinda noisy .

Sent from my XT910 using Thaivisa Connect App

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I fully agree, the First Hotel is excellent value.

There is a recent scam started with the Thai owned Guest Houses in the Soi Buckaiw area in Pattaya. The average price per night is around 500 Baht, but there are now fans in the bedrooms which are supposed to have air condition. The AC is still there and can be switched on, but the units are permanently set so very little air comes out, and you have to use the fan. It is now nothing like an AC room, it is obvious that this is a way of saving money on the electricity. That being said, this does not apply to the Canterbury Tales Guesthouse which is Farang owned. So if you want good budget accomodation, then that is where to go.

Stayed in the Wattana Village Resort last weekend for 700 bht booked on Agoda. A little old but well maintained. Quiet chalets are best. Nice swimming pool. Wifi and a very good freshly cooked breakfast.

Don't book with Agoda, they add extra tax on to your bill, it is set in small print obviously hoping that no one will notice.