Blasts From The Past - 50S,60S And 70S Music

Ron19

4 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

t'was from the Wheels of fire double album...recorded live at the Fillmore West, I believe...electrifying, I'd kill to go back in time to hear that live...

LOL!!!  For myself, I've already purchased tickets for every awesome rock concert and music fest ever held when I pass from this limited venue.  Forget Spinal Tap's 11.  I'll be going much higher . . . the sweet sounds will reverberate throughout and meld with every ethereal portion of my nebulous being distortion free.  It'll be pure musical poetry.  Here's one of the shows I'm already holding front row tickets for.

• Like 1

I remember an interview with Pete Townshend when he was asked why he smashed guitars on stage.

His answer: 'You've got to remember a lot of our audience are pretty thick. They love a bit of violence, and I guess smashing guitars is better than smashing up people.'

But I agree with tutsi, I hate to see someone smash something valuable, it's just wrong!

But I do think The Who wrote more than a couple of good numbers!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

I remember an interview with Pete Townshend when he was asked why he smashed guitars on stage.

His answer: 'You've got to remember a lot of our audience are pretty thick. They love a bit of violence, and I guess smashing guitars is better than smashing up people.'

But I agree with tutsi, I hate to see someone smash something valuable, it's just wrong!

But I do think The Who wrote more than a couple of good numbers!

Yes they did.  Loved the '70 Live At Leeds LP.  Tore it up with this number.

• Like 1

The fictional Max Frost & The Troopers from the '68 film, Wild In The Streets, with the number Shape Of Things To Come.  I remember seeing the movie when it came out.  The counterculture, led by rock singer Max Frost, takes over politics with Max eventually becoming President.  30 becomes the mandatory retirement age and everyone 35 and over are herded into concentration camps and permanently sedated with LSD.  Frickin' hilarious.

9 hours ago, jvs said:

Perfectly good guitar.

my first guitar cost $30 back in 1963 and an adult female relative became infuriated with me and grabbed it and came at me with it like a club to bash my brains out...my brains survived but the guitar didn't...

smashing guitars has a special significance for poor old tutsiwarrior...since then I have gifted guitars on numerous occasions when gettin' ready to travel and the guitar got in the way...there shall be a special place in guitar heaven for 'ol tutsi when the time comes; what goes around comes around...

• Like 2

tutsi's early influences...later worked backwards until I got to de country/delta blues...and then I went to a girl's house who I wanted to impress with Big Joe Williams on Arhoolie records and she said: 'is this some kinda joke? tutsi, take yer ridiculous 'music' and yer guitar and get outta here!'...she was shallow but she had a nice ass...

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

I had this album back in 1968...Jeff Beck is the most underrated of the 60s guitar giants...ex Yardbirds like most of the rest of them...

Agreed on the underrated.  Another favourite highlighting his superb guitar work off Beck Ola in '69.