What Do You Think About Americans

Ajarn_Jonesy

Not really sure if this is the right place to post this topic, but any way.

After having read many threads here and talking to many people I work with (who are yanks)

I am really curious to know.

1. Do people really hate America or is it American Policy?

2. Why is it that when people find out you are a Soldier (Marine in my case) they act like you have some kind of disease?

the second question is something that bothers me, as I am very proud to be a marine and am proud of my father and both grand fathers for serving.

When I meet new people I often am almost afraid to tell them that I was a soldier. As most really try to avoid you (or make it a point to let you know how evil you are for being a soldier).

Just would like to get the perception of some folks out there and see what you think...

khap khun ma na ja!!

A country of almost 300 million... Kind of hard to generalise don't you think. Good and bad in every country throughout the world IMHO.

If you've served your country and your people in any form I think it should be a point of quite pride... again IMHO.

Some of the load mouth yanks in the oil game get on my wires a little though :-)

Paul

People ok, at least those broad-minded enough to travel.

The loudmouth "We're Number 1" crap and dissing of everybody else by the know-nothings does get tiresome though.

Policy is a disaster and in the hands of those who have obviously never traveled.