Info Please On House Build Etc.

Hi

Just a basic question I think?

When you build a house in Thailand, and your Thai builder/architect draws plans/builds a house, the house is complete, you love it etc.

What documentation is then issued to you?

I have read about blue and yellow books.

If you have no building permit, can these books still be issued or not?

also, what are the books for?

Thank you

If you are a Thai the Blue Book (House Registration) will be issued to you. If you build a house under the name of a limited Company the Blue Book will be issued in your company name. You can have a Yellow Book issued in your name as a farang with a minimum amount of paper work depending upon your local Amphur. Some are easy to deal with, others may require an extreme amount of documentation, so no one size fits all here in Thailand

Building permit can effect the issuance of the Blue or Yellow book but the same Thai / Farang restrictions still apply for each type

Finally, the books are for household registration, since all Thais have to show that they are registered in a household somewhere. Farangs want a Yellow book as proof of residence for certain civil functions, such a registering a motor vehicle, or obtaining a drivers license without getting a Residence Certificate from your Embassy or Immigration

And yes. you or the builder must have a building permit in order to obatain these registration books once the house has been completed but unlike in the west there is no inspection of the completed house, you or the builder just state that it is finished to either the tesaban or the amphur, depending upon where the house is located

The genuine "permit to build" is a simple VERY inexpensive document, which will enable much smoother dealings with utilities, insurance, etc.. It also establishes firm OWNERSHIP of the house structure. You do not need to live in a house or condo you think you own, to obtain a "yellow house book". Obtaining the "house number" is part of the process to obtain PERMANENT electric meter, and the lower prices for PERMANENT water and PERMANENT electric service.

How is the fee for a building permit calculated?

How is the fee for a building permit calculated? It seems that no one can explain the process. Can someone from a local administration organization (OrBorTor) or legal advisers explain it? Pat, Rawai Friday, January 13, 2012 2:48:17 PM

“The building permit document itself incurs a 20-baht fee and there are other fees for inspection, depending on what the building permit is for.

The inspection fee for a building of no more than two storeys or of a height up to 12 meters is 0.5 baht (50 satang) per square meter of the total building area, combining the areas of each storey if there are more than one.

For structures of two or three stories, or between 12 and 15 meters tall – the fee is 2 baht per square meter of total building area, combining the areas of each storey.

For structures of more than three stories or of heights over 15 meters, the fee is four baht per square meter of total building area, again combining the areas of each storey.

The fees I have given here are the inspection fees for new buildings only. There are different rates used for other aspects of building permits, such as in renovating a property, not building a new one.

These rates are listed in the building permit fee section in the Interior Ministry’s Ministerial Regulation Notice 7 issued in BE 2528 (1985), which updates the Building Control Act BE 2522 (1979).

A copy is available for download from the Thai Council of Engineers website at www. coe.or.th/co15law/act_control/building/L%2007.pdf

You can also visit Rawai Municipality for further information.” Friday, January 13, 2012 2:48:17 PM Mayuree Srichuay, an officer at Rawai Municipality’s Public Works Division.

Thanks, I am not looking to build as I have recently sold a condo in BKK but if I do, which is a possibility in a few years, wanted to know basically, as I dont live in Thailand anymore, whether a builder I choose actually gets building permission.

I think from the replies if you have NO building permission then you cannot get the blue book, cheap water & electric, house number etc.

Thx

If you do not have a "permit to build" you certainly can still obtain all of the above. Maybe not as quick, maybe not without some extra fees. I had a yellow house book when I lived in a rental house. We had permanent electricity, permanent water at that rental since my wife had a blue house book, although her house book had a different address than the rental. House number is given when a house reaches a certain level of construction completion as I recall. I know nothing about condos.

I thinkbecause you are a 'Farang' there will be complications that the Thais do not come across.

I 2 years ago had a house built in a village in Burirm.

The land was owned by my wife. No building o nthe land not even a buffalo shed yet she alrerady had for some years a blue house registration book!!!! Cannot understand how she did this. All houses in this village and some of the land used to grow rice do not have Chenods (no doubt this is spelt wrong) so to my way of thinking they do not exist. The problem with the locals who have land/houses is that they can't go to the bank with the paperwork to get a loan.