Suggestions? Taxi From Airport

Nobelcat

I've been to CNX a few times and would have no issue if I needed a Tuk Tuk to get to my hotel. But this time I'm relocating from the US with a ton of clothing and kitchen stuff and just realized that I have no clue the best way to get to my hotel. Would people suggest that I just show up at the airport and figure things out there or would people suggest that I pre-plan this?

There are 2 of us with a total of 6 bags. I was thinking that a Songthaew should be fine for this, but wanted to see what people thought.

Just hire a taxi. They have some that are larger van type of vehicles. Hire the taxi outside the baggage area. The ones in the baggage area are more expensive if memory serves me. The stand is outside the baggage area to the left near the side exit. It says TAXI. It's about 150B anywhere near or inside the mote area. Have a safe trip.

Yep, okay. Yeh, I always just go outside and grab someone at random. I hate the ones that hound me.

Good to know that you can hire VIP type vans outside. That's basicly what I was wondering. Songthaew should be fine, but I like having the option to hire a bigger van.

There are two taxi desks in the baggage hall.... It would be worth checking their prices before you go outside. I booked one in there last month to go close to Wat Chiang Man, and think it was 120 - 140 baht, but I'm not absolutely sure of the exact amount.amount. Even though we were given a big 4wd taxi, there was a remarkable lack of luggage space in the boot (ooops sorry! in the trunk...wink.png )...and that was with only 2 people and 3 bags. I'm sure you'll be OK, and if not, then I think the songtaews will be round to the right, in front of the building.

I predict that hellodolly will come up with some good advice in a sec!! lol

Bon voyage!!

Edited by Rob8891

Yep, okay. Yeh, I always just go outside and grab someone at random. I hate the ones that hound me.

Good to know that you can hire VIP type vans outside. That's basicly what I was wondering. Songthaew should be fine, but I like having the option to hire a bigger van.

Just make sure to have a look at the vehicle first. We always use the taxi and I have yet to see a van. Mind you I don't look for them I just sign up outside the door and it is a standard 150 baht perhaps you can mention you need a van or a Songthaew that is dropping passengers off.

You can also ask service from the hotel where you reserved, many hotels have service pick up at the airport, sometime included with the room price, if not, you have to pay extra.

There are 7 seat taxis available at the airport but I think when you are there and they see how many luggages you have, they should call the right taxi for you.

Okay, thanks everyone for making me feel more comfortable about this. It was a last second "oh crap" moment when I realized I had planned everything except the last mile of the trip.

Now I think I have all my checkmarks completed and ready for my year adventure in CM.

We always use the taxi and I have yet to see a van.

I was at the airport 2 days ago, and while walking out to my motorbike I saw at least 2 larger van-type taxis waiting in the queue. They are definitely there. It's kinda funny you posted this question, as when I saw the van I thought about how I could use the larger vehicle on a future trip. thumbsup.gif

as suggested, order a large van at the desk. the ordinary cars (120 baht) have a tank of LPG in the boot and no room for luggage.

Pay 150 baht, and wait for the van to drive around to where you're waiting and off you go.

If it's a lot of luggage, a songthaew might be the way to go since with most, you can fold up the benches to create more space.

They aren't suppose to hang out around the airport, so the best way to get one is to wait at the end of the building near the domestic departures (the end of the building) to catch them after they've dropped off their passengers. It can be difficult to locate a song thaew after dark, though.

They have what are generally known as "People Carriers", as opposed to SUV's. You shouldn't have to wait too long for one. But check if your hotel has a minibus, easier option and they'll be waiting for you (might be a bit extra, but you can only ask).

I was at the airport 2 days ago, and while walking out to my motorbike I saw at least 2 larger van-type taxis waiting in the queue. They are definitely there. It's kinda funny you posted this question, as when I saw the van I thought about how I could use the larger vehicle on a future trip. thumbsup.gif

well ask them if you can put your bike inside

well ask them if you can put your bike inside

I return home to CM often.

There are two taxi desks inside the airport, both can be accessed from the baggage carousel hall, or from the other side of the wall, in the area where the public wait for their guests to exit from the baggage collection hall.

I've used both taxi operators, but now I only use the AOT Limousine Service (Airports of Thailand). From the area where you wait for the bags to appear on the carousel the AOT desk is just before the Hertz rent a car desk. AOT tel number is 053 201 307, or 053 275390.

They do have CRVs and vans, their vehicles are mostly close to new and well maintained..

I find the AOT staff at this desk to be pleasant and helpful. Quite reasonable rates, safe and pleasant drivers, and i've always found their drivers will go out of their way to help carry luggage etc.

Can I suggest alight from the aircraft, go down to the arrivals carousel hall but while your waiting for the bags to be taken from the aircraft etc., go immediately to the AOT desk and get your vehicle organized. The desk staff will give you a voucher with the address and the fee written on it, but they will ensure verbally that your OK with the fee before they write the voucher.

Get your bags, go out of the baggage collection hall, turn left and walk to the obvious exit doors.

There's another AOT organizer waiting just outside the exit doors for customers with the AOT voucher.

Hold the voucher up so she/he can readily see it.

Wihin a few minutes you'll be away.

Pay the driver (according to the fee written on the voucher plus tip) on arrival at your destination.

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard