Democrats Surprise With Victory In Pheu Thai Stronghold

webfact

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

whistling.gif 100 baht envelopes handed out by dem canvassers will work every time... oh wait that was in a red strong hold upcountry... In BKK it would take 500 ++ baht plus some expensive nosh and "other night activities" for a dem to win in an urban red stronghold... blink.png

You have proof?

Why? Are you a policeman?

Chot,

My word over your impertinence. YES, it happened in Mae Ai. There's a dem MP sitting very smug up there as the PTP didn't offer and did not offer in the past seat elections. It took only 100 baht. Can you prove Thaksin paid for PTP's win??? No, I don't think so....Mere speculation.

And your word is not speculation prove it.

All you are doing is the same as the ones claiming their was no money changing hands.

Just making unprovable statements.

You must be quite staggered at the turn around, for months now on this forum we have suffered continual derision and insults aimed at the intelligence of the Thai electorate.........just because they voted the Dems out.......how naive, ill informed, and short sighted, those comments have proved to be.

Get of your high horse and just for a second think about what you just wrote. How would you describe the level of intelligence of people voting for the likes of this Karun monster? Or Chalerm for that matter? I personally don't find people who vote criminals in intelligent. But hey, call me short sighted, naive and ill informed!

Give your ass a kick and try to keep up

"But hey, call me short sighted, naive and ill informed!".......don't need to Ozmick pointed that out in a previous post ref 51

Edited by 473geo

Here ya go... "Karun said he believed the loss stemmed from misunderstanding by people about the compensation money paid to flood victims." More like they did not buy votes and lost accordingly.
So now "the reds " are guilty of not buying votes............... Am I missing something re comments like this ???

Well just in case you are missing something, let me make it more clear for you. When reds don't buy votes, they don't win. Alles Klar?

Just a few locals angry about their own particular situation. The big picture concerning the rest of the country remains unaffected !

How naieve.

actually, to think otherwise is naive.

Here ya go... "Karun said he believed the loss stemmed from misunderstanding by people about the compensation money paid to flood victims."

More like they did not buy votes and lost accordingly.

So now "the reds " are guilty of not buying votes...............

Am I missing something re comments like this ???

I suppose considering the way things work here it's always a possibility that it's down to lack of vote buying by the reds. Of course it could be down to more vote buying by the Dems although I certainly hope not. These are only possibilities though and as far as I know there's no evidence of substantial vote buying although I'm sure there will have been some as things are never perfect.

I wonder if this is just the normal pattern as seen in western democracies where during a government's administration voters are more likely to vote against them in any election, particularly in local ones.

BINGO! of course............. 'lack of vote buying' - which is why the Dems won... wish i'd thought of that.

I do wish those pesky reds would stop buying votes as the Dems would win everything by a landslide *sigh* it's such an unfair world

You must be quite staggered at the turn around, for months now on this forum we have suffered continual derision and insults aimed at the intelligence of the Thai electorate.........just because they voted the Dems out.......how naive, ill informed, and short sighted, those comments have proved to be.

Get of your high horse and just for a second think about what you just wrote. How would you describe the level of intelligence of people voting for the likes of this Karun monster? Or Chalerm for that matter? I personally don't find people who vote criminals in intelligent. But hey, call me short sighted, naive and ill informed!

People don't vote for Chalerm, or indicted criminals for that matter. They vote for the party, and these unelectable low life come in as party list candidates. 25% of MPs (125/500) are elected by and represent nobody. In fact, unless a big name party receives almost zero votes, there is no way parliament can be rid of the high order party list nominees until they do us a favour and retire or die in office.

People in Bangkok have a higher level of intelligence than in the North and North East strongholds of the red shirts. They were right there and could look out the window and see who was doing the work and determine who cared for them by their actions not their pie in the sky promises.

yea it's was a bad day to give those pesky farmers the vote! women too - I mean they are less intelligent - and what about youngsters? at 18/19 they know nothing right?

Democracy really is a joke why not just keep the votes for Bangkok people? preferably yellows - and while they are at it give it to TVF posters, I mean, we all know they are the wisest

• Like 2

"But hey, call me short sighted, naive and ill informed!".......don't need to Ozmick pointed that out in a previous post ref 51

By referring to Ozmick (post 51) and using his statement as an argument, you admit to understand that Abhisit was a completely democratic installed PM during his time. Wow, I might have underestimated your comprehension skills!

<And your word is not speculation prove it.

All you are doing is the same as the ones claiming their was no money changing hands.

Just making unprovable statements.>

Hello dolly,

Then you may call me a liar as you seem to distrust a word of a gentleman. It happened and I would only be able to get audio from "both" sides by using a concealed recording device. Has it come to this????? goodbye dolly

By referring to Ozmick (post 51) and using his statement as an argument, you admit to understand that Abhisit was a completely democratic installed PM during his time. Wow, I might have underestimated your comprehension skills!

Errm which election has Abhisit actually won? dates, vote count plz

Edited by binjalin

December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes

December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes

I mean by the Thai ELECTORATE - he has never, ever been voted in by the Thai people

• Like 1

Abhisit was a completely democratic installed PM during his time.

December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes

I mean by the Thai ELECTORATE - he has never, ever been voted in by the Thai people

You seem to be wholly unaware of how the PM for Thailand is elected.

A rudimentary primer lesson for you is available here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Thailand

December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes

You obviously have a lack of understanding of the Westminster system (with party list MPs). Voters make 2 choices, for their preferred party and for their preferred local candidate. 375 local candidates are elected and 125 party list MPs are allocated in ratio to the percentage of party votes received. Then the 500 MPs vote for Prime Minister.

So what? Abhisit, Yingluk and Thaksin were all party list MPs selected to be PM by their peers. None of them have ever received a vote from the electorate.

The pedantry is amazing. ( and childish )

AV and the Dems have not won a recent election.

YS and her party have.

That is the point being made by binjalin.

Simple really.

So the translation from English to Spin of "I mean by the Thai ELECTORATE - he has never, ever been voted in by the Thai people" is "AV and the Dems have not won a recent election."

Thanks for clearing that up.

One small step for democracy.

One giant leap for womankind

"One small step for democracy."

I am wondering if posters would be saying the same if the PTP MP had won?

What do you think?

But he didn't so we will never know!

I think the PT lost because the Prime Minister has accustomed them to just expect Photo Ops from the PT and they just couldn't do it here.

Strange how the could predict the number of votes they got. They probably just figured that 10,000 would be enough and went out and bought 10,000.

this is representative of a certain (large) segment of the forum posters who feel that any vote given to a PTP candidate was purchased and any vote for a Democrat was earned. Stifles any real discussion.

BTW, I had read that this woman is a former TRT politician. Does anyone have a reference for that by chance?

People don't vote for Chalerm, or indicted criminals for that matter. They vote for the party, and these unelectable low life come in as party list candidates. 25% of MPs (125/500) are elected by and represent nobody. In fact, unless a big name party receives almost zero votes, there is no way parliament can be rid of the high order party list nominees until they do us a favour and retire or die in office.

People in Bangkok have a higher level of intelligence than in the North and North East strongholds of the red shirts. They were right there and could look out the window and see who was doing the work and determine who cared for them by their actions not their pie in the sky promises.

"People in Bangkok have a higher level of intelligence than in the North and North East strongholds of the red shirts."

Hellodolly, On what basis do you make what seems to be an incredibly stupid statement?

I suspect it is based on personal prejudice. But I could be wrong.

• Like 1

- deleted due to quote limits -

December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes

"December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes"

Now there is a really good example of vote-buying.

YS and her party have.

That is the point being made by binjalin.

Simple really.

So the translation from English to Spin of "I mean by the Thai ELECTORATE - he has never, ever been voted in by the Thai people" is "AV and the Dems have not won a recent election."

I can understand why you're so touchy on this subject. If I thought that the democrat party could be the saviour of Thailand, I'd be upset too. I mean it can't be much fun supporting a political party that hasn't worked out how to convince the populace to vote it into power for 20 years.

I'd be looking at that leader, especially as he'd said he would step down from being leader if he didn't achieve the number of seats he had promised, and realise I was looking at a loser.

Where is the demcrat party successful? Bangkok. There's been 3 democrat Bangkok Governors since 2004. This coming one may be of interest as both sides are seen as contributing to the Bangkok floods and a whiff of scandal blowing around the present incumbent - no wonder why he want's to extend his tenure, more of the same please.

How much longer the Bangkok dynasty will stand, who knows..................

Only if you consider being accurate as being childish.

What is childish is claims by unknowing people saying Abhisit has not won an election, then when shown he has won an election, go off on a different irrelevant spin that the electorate didn't elect Abhisit, when the reality is no PM is elected by the electorate.

A discussion point that even after dozens and dozens of clarifications through multiple threads over the years and still it gets obfuscated.

Then another poster chimes in with equally inaccurate...

When it had just been shown that "AV" did win a recent election.... unless you bizarrely consider 2008 as not being recent.

Amazing Thaivisa.

I can understand why you're so touchy on this subject. If I thought that the democrat party could be the saviour of Thailand, I'd be upset too. I mean it can't be much fun supporting a political party that hasn't worked out how to convince the populace to vote it into power for 20 years.

I'd be looking at that leader, especially as he'd said he would step down from being leader if he didn't achieve the number of seats he had promised, and realise I was looking at a loser.

Where is the demcrat party successful? Bangkok. There's been 3 democrat Bangkok Governors since 2004. This coming one may be of interest as both sides are seen as contributing to the Bangkok floods and a whiff of scandal blowing around the present incumbent - no wonder why he want's to extend his tenure, more of the same please.

I'm touchy on the subject of sticking to facts; can't be helped if it's a position that upsets some people.

December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes

"December 15, 2008

Abhisit - 235 votes

Pracha - 198 votes"

Now there is a really good example of vote-buying.

And very expensive pro rata. Not your average 100 - 500 baht punters these guys

• Like 1

I'm touchy on the subject of sticking to facts; can't be helped if it's a position that upsets some people.

I hope you weren't too touchy about me sticking to the facts above , but don't worry, it hasn't upset me, but then, I'm not the one supporting the dems..............

Edited by phiphidon

What is childish is claims by unknowing people saying Abhisit has not won an election, then when shown he has won an election, go off on a different irrelevant spin that the electorate didn't elect Abhisit, when the reality is no PM is elected by the electorate.

A discussion point that even after dozens and dozens of clarifications through multiple threads over the years and still it gets obfuscated.

When it had just been shown that "AV" did win a recent election.... unless you bizarrely consider 2008 as not being recent.

Amazing Thaivisa.

Well to be accurate AV and the Dems did not win a recent election unless you wish to be as pedantic as pointing out that philw did not say most recent, but thats what you do isn't it, wordplay.

"had just been shown that "AV" did win a recent election"

Note "AV and the Dems" has been changed to just "AV" to suit buchholzs argument

But if thats the way you want to play it, "AV and the Dems" as philw stated did not win an election (recent or not) in 2008. Abhisit alone was voted for as Prime Minister by his "peers". The dems and a hodge podge of a few other parties came along as baggage.

Amazing Thaivisa.

Well to be accurate AV and the Dems did not win a recent election unless you wish to be as pedantic as pointing out that philw did not say most recent, but thats what you do isn't it, wordplay.

"had just been shown that "AV" did win a recent election"

Note "AV and the Dems" has been changed to just "AV" to suit buchholzs argument

But if thats the way you want to play it, "AV and the Dems" as philw stated did not win an election (recent or not) in 2008. Abhisit alone was voted for as Prime Minister by his "peers". The dems and a hodge podge of a few other parties came along as baggage.

Amazing Thaivisa rolls on...

untyped words - "most recent" are somehow supposed to be magically filled in by readers.

being accurate is called "word play"

"Dems" are absolutely intentionally left off of statements because accuracy is intended when half of a declarative statement "AV and Dems" is shown to be inaccurate.

and then concluded with further inaccuracies requiring reiteration, yet again, of the original statement some 15 posts ago...

that answered a question from someone seemingly unfamiliar with even the basics of how a PM is elected....

Abhisit won the election for PM in 2008.

I await the next comical confabulation of that basic fact that evidently sticks in the craw of some posters.

• Like 1

"People in Bangkok have a higher level of intelligence than in the North and North East strongholds of the red shirts."

Hellodolly, On what basis do you make what seems to be an incredibly stupid statement?

How hypocrite to call this a personal prejudice and than in the next post, without any evidence, you blame the Dem's for vote buying! Don't you get tired of yourself?

Ps; read these interesting statistics about intelligence distribution in Thailand. It seems that the strongholds of the red shirts are indeed a lot less intelligent than in Bangkok in a country that has a lower intelligence than many other countries! After reading your and your buddies posts I can only conclude you live in the North-East.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/481129-thai-students-intelligence-quotient-iq-below-global-average/

• Like 2

Amazing Thaivisa rolls on...

untyped words - "most recent" are somehow supposed to be magically filled in by readers.

being accurate is called "word play"

"Dems" are absolutely intentionally left off of statements because accuracy is intended when half of a declarative statement "AV and Dems" is shown to be inaccurate.

and then concluded with further inaccuracies requiring reiteration, yet again, of the original statement some 15 posts ago...

that answered a question from someone seemingly unfamiliar with even the basics of how a PM is elected....

Abhisit won the election for PM in 2008.

I await the next comical confabulation of that basic fact that evidently sticks in the craw of some posters.

Classic.

You must need braces to keep your trousers up, the amount of twisting and turning you do.

It was your tampering with philws actual words that enabled your argument - "AV and the dems" suddenly became in your version of events, just "AV".

buchholz - never knowingly wrong (in his mind at least). Spin on buchholz, we ain't listenin'...............

"Abhisit won the election for PM in 2008. I await the next comical confabulation of that basic fact that evidently sticks in the craw of some posters."

Wasn't arguing with that fact buchholz, just your spin. (Just how he won it is the subject of much discussion and rightly so - it seems once faced with getting elected by the Electorate rather than his peers (bought or otherwise) that there is still a lot of work to be done. One wonders if he is too tainted now to ever win an election).

How hypocrite to call this a personal prejudice and than in the next post, without any evidence, you blame the Dem's for vote buying! Don't you get tired of yourself?

Ps; read these interesting statistics about intelligence distribution in Thailand. It seems that the strongholds of the red shirts are indeed a lot less intelligent than in Bangkok in a country that has a lower intelligence than many other countries! After reading your and your buddies posts I can only conclude you live in the North-East.

http://www.thaivisa....global-average/

Let me guess... Isan.