Visa And Business Investment

Hello,

I am considering financially assisting my girlfriend to build and open a grocery store up country on her family owned land.

As a buisiness proposition, can I use this in any way to facilitate a visa or any additional benefit, allowing me to stay in Thailand, whilst I finance this buisiness? Is there a minimum sum or conditions I must meet?

I am unaware of rules and what is possible, but suspect that the usual "Foreigner supports Thai" should allow me to stay or at least open up more options than would otherwise be possible?

I would appreciate any comments and the legal options and pitfalls.

Thank you

Hello,

I am considering financially assisting my girlfriend to build and open a grocery store up country on her family owned land.

As a buisiness proposition, can I use this in any way to facilitate a visa or any additional benefit, allowing me to stay in Thailand, whilst I finance this buisiness? Is there a minimum sum or conditions I must meet?

I am unaware of rules and what is possible, but suspect that the usual "Foreigner supports Thai" should allow me to stay or at least open up more options than would otherwise be possible?

I would appreciate any comments and the legal options and pitfalls.

Thank you

Your best chance is to obtain a multiple entry non-immigrant business visa at a Consulate in the UK. Avoid the Embassy in London at all costs. Good luck.

Thank you.

This visa allows me to stay in Thailand but is not a work visa. Therefore, is it just allowing me some small advantage over a multiple tourist visa and as soon as it expires I will be back to square one, or can I do anything better somehow?

What is advantage over tourist multiple visa and will it be easy to obtain from Hull in this planned example.

Please excuse my ignorance in this matter

Thanks

Multi entry Non-Immigrant visa and if your Gf is the MD of a Limited Company or partnership, she can employ you. No four Thai employees needed or do you need 2 million Baht capital as you would for a one year visa. The key word is multi entry where you leave every 90 days for 5 minutes.

We now have five licensed lawyers doing this for our clients Monday to Friday.

hi greg,

some questions if you like.

If you setup a limited partnership between your wife and you and she's the thai md.

How does this work for the capitalization, and can you get a work permit on it ?

i just applied for a marriage extension. is that then compatible with the company?

Can i be a silent partner who doesn't work in the company ?

Thanks

Bart

How does this work for the capitalization, and can you get a work permit on it ?
No minimum capitalization with a one year multi entry visa. You can get a work permit on it.
i just applied for a marriage extension. is that then compatible with the company?
Easier to get a work permit if your wife can't pay you a salary of 45,000 Baht.
Can i be a silent partner who doesn't work in the company ?
Yes

Many downsides however to a limited partnership..

1. is the liability issue for your wife or even you if you interfere with management of the company.

2. no share certs so no prefered shareholders or common so even as a foreigner you don't have more voting rights.

3. the foreigner (and in most cases the investor) cannot be the managing Director to bind the company such as writing checks.

Our legal staff recos limited companies for this reason not limited partnerships. You might be married forever with your wife and no problems. People however are human and die, who knows about the relatives? Not saying they are good or bad but If they borrow against the company, you may be liable for their debts if its proven you are running the show.