All Silent On 'insecticide' Causing Deaths Of Canadian Sisters: Phi Phi Island

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope the Thais are forced to pursue this no matter how uncomfortable it may be. The family of the girls need answers regardless of how much the Ministry of Tourism want to protect their Miracle Thailand campaign.

One suspects the Canadian Coroner already knows what killed them and it just hasnt been released yet, giving the Thai authorities another chance to come up with something other than the DEET..thumbsup.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

Lets hope the Thais are forced to pursue this no matter how uncomfortable it may be. The family of the girls need answers regardless of how much the Ministry of Tourism want to protect their Miracle Thailand campaign.

One suspects the Canadian Coroner already knows what killed them and it just hasnt been released yet, giving the Thai authorities another chance to come up with something other than the DEET..thumbsup.gif

Well the Thai's do just seem to be passing it off as an acceptable hazard.."Oh well you know, kids try to get high drinking this stuff, silly things.......next"

I hope you are right and the Canadians have a real idea as to the cause of death.

Well the Thai's do just seem to be passing it off as an acceptable hazard.."Oh well you know, kids try to get high drinking this stuff, silly things.......next"

I hope you are right and the Canadians have a real idea as to the cause of death.

Did the family not request that the information be withheld from public knowledge to respect their privacy?

Did the family not request that the information be withheld from public knowledge to respect their privacy?

No they did not, quite the opposite, it was the Thai police that said the family wants this private. In fact the father was quite vocal about finding out how his daughters died

• 1 month later...

This link is a great read. Sums up the facts to a tee.

So intentional poisoning it is ? Cold blooded murder ? Serial Killer/s on the loose preying on vulnerable young western female tourists. I just cannot go for OD excuses or accidental poisoning scenario any longer. Some lunatic/s are actively hunting down and murdering tourists in Thailand. mfr_closed1.gif

Edited by coma

Hopefully the facts will be revealed in the fullness of time to expose what really happened and put the family angst to rest. What a horrible shock to lose sisters from the same family. A tragedy I cannot imagine how one would cope with.

Sisters tend to come from the same family in my experience. Brothers too.

It's a natural phenomena found in breeding. That is, a male and a female have off spring. Those offspring are then related. It even occurs when male female are born. So you could have a brother and sister related. That is, from the same family. Family is a term given for a group who happen to be related. they tend to live together, adopting roles such as parent / child. The children in such families then relate to each other as brother / sister etc.

Hope that helps.

Hopefully the facts will be revealed in the fullness of time to expose what really happened and put the family angst to rest. What a horrible shock to lose sisters from the same family. A tragedy I cannot imagine how one would cope with.

It's a natural phenomena found in breeding. That is, a male and a female have off spring. Those offspring are then related. It even occurs when male female are born. So you could have a brother and sister related. That is, from the same family. Family is a term given for a group who happen to be related. they tend to live together, adopting roles such as parent / child. The children in such families then relate to each other as brother / sister etc.

Hope that helps.

The sentiment that was being expressed is fairly obvious... as is your facetiousness.

• Like 2

Hope that helps.

One can only assume that you were brought up in a nest with others snakes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

I always though the original deaths on Phi Phi, which have yet to be satisfactorily explained, to be the work of serial killer although the authorities will counter that such an animal does not exist in Thailand. The recent high profile case of the police doctor, if found guilty, will show he is a serial killer. It seems face & greed are much more important than human lives. Antpet's post was a complete waste of time attempting to show a superior attitude & does nothing for the thread.

Hope that helps.

Bloke was making a genuine heartfelt statement.

Your response, whilst an attempt at humour, is crap attacking the fact that he may not have articulated it properly. Value add= nil. I share his sentiment in that a tragedy such as this would be difficult to overcome, and hope that the full details are known soonest.

• Like 1

That is hard to read. Choked me up a bit, maybe because I have daughters 17, 16, and 1.

My two oldest have been to Thailand with me, but they won't go there on their own as long as I am alive. My oldest is going to Australia and Bali (to surf) on her senior trip.

I see parts of Thailand as one of the most dangerous places on earth for young women and this is primarily due to apathy and dishonesty of Thai police and Thai officials. The Thai mentality also attracts the most undesirable and maladjusted vacationers from around the world who seek their cheap and sick thrills in Thailand with impunity.

Edited by ttelise

• 2 months later...

There has just been a Canadian Broadcasting Corp piece about this entitled "Death In Paradise" it went to air on 25th Jan 2013

Link here :-

http://www.cbc.ca/fi...n-paradise.html

Better watch it quick before it is banned by the thought police here in the LOS. Maybe the reporters at The Nation and the other news paper will watch it and see what investigative reporting really means. Though I have my doubts it will have an impact on them if they do.

There has just been a Canadian Broadcasting Corp piece about this entitled "Death In Paradise" it went to air on 25th Jan 2013

Link here :-

http://www.cbc.ca/fi...n-paradise.html

Better watch it quick before it is banned by the thought police here in the LOS. Maybe the reporters at The Nation and the other news paper will watch it and see what investigative reporting really means. Though I have my doubts it will have an impact on them if they do.

I couldn't watch it...