Evoxi To Thailand?

I posted this same topic a long time ago but it seems like nothing has changed. There is no information on the Mitsubishi website about whether it is available yet and at what price. I also heard that it was unveiled at the last motor show but I never went to this so I don;t know if it actually happened or not.

From what I gather prices will be around 3 million baht but does anyone have any other information about when it will be available here?

When they are available they'll only be brought in by independent importers like the SEC people. I reckon way more than 3 million mate. The new WRX sold in Thailand looks like it should do the trick.

Mitsubishi are under enough pressure here, I doubt they'll stock EVOs.

I'm not really a big fan of the nose on the WRX. The lights look good but the 'matrix' style thing in the middle is pretty naff. I have owned WRX's before so I'm looking for somethig different in the EVO.

You are right that the EVO9 will be available at independent importers however Mitsubishi Thailand was trumpeting the release of the EVO last year. However its all gone a bit quiet so maybe they are having problems at the moment..

Actually I used to own a WRX in Isaan... and I sold it to a guy in Loei too..

I have seen the EVO8 at many independent importers, SEC has it at 4.5 million and if you shop around a bit you can find it at 3.8 million at F1 autosport.

I guess Mitsubishi will not be releasing the EVO9 anytime soon..

By the way, what would you guys buy if you had 3-5 million to spend on a sports car??

Mclaren,Ferrari,Lamborghini or Mercedes-Benz SLR. I will race them all in 1/4 mile..........to let them see how slow they are. :o

Ok... maybe not so good on Sukhumvit at 5pm on Friday night..

BTW Stealty. When you say Cobra do you mean an AC Cobra? Now, that is one car I would love to have...

Mclaren,Ferrari,Lamborghini or Mercedes-Benz SLR. I will race them all in 1/4 mile..........to let them see how slow they are. :D

Ok... maybe not so good on Sukhumvit at 5pm on Friday night..

BTW Stealty. When you say Cobra do you mean an AC Cobra? Now, that is one car I would love to have...

Sorry i live in Las Vegas. In Las Vegas we have some of the Lamborghini Murcielago,Ferrari F40,SL65 AMG and Porsche with turboupgrade but they ran between hi 11's(second) and low 12's in 1/4mile(400 meters) Track elevation 2,200 ft. Last Oct my car ran low 10's @ 135mph or low 10's @ 217km in 400 meters but in this year my car should run low 9's or hi 8's @ 150+mph(241+km) in 1/4mile(400meters). :D

Also in Car & Drivers Magazine test Ferrari Enzo ran 11.2 sec @ 136mph on sea level so if my car run in sea level it should do 9.9 sec @ 142mph. :o

Edited by Stealth

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, what would you guys buy if you had 3-5 million to spend on a sports car??

Bit of a rarity in Thailand these days but I'd get a used NSX if I could find a good one. Not so keen on the Evo as there are too many fanboys out there with hopped-up Lancers.

Ok I saw in the Bangkok Post on Friday that it looks like Mitsubishi have shelved their plans to bring the EVO9 to Thailand. They had wanted it to provide some prestige to their 'dowdy' Lancer but appartently their is no 'business case' in trying to sell an EVO9 at some 4 million baht.

As mentioned already the independent importers will almost certainly be bringing it in though..

BTW I saw an old Top gear episode the other day and the EVO8 thoroughly trounced an WRX STI around their Top Gear racetrack. The time of the EVO8 was comparable to a Lamborghini Gallardo of all cars...