Drunk Driver Blamed For Early Morning Road Crash In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

Drunk driver blamed for early morning road crash in Central Pattaya

PATTAYA:--Early on Wednesday Morning a suspected drunk driver is thought to have caused a road accident on Third Road in Central Pattaya, injuring a mobile street vendor in the process.

The vendor was rushed to Banglamung Hospital and is currently in a serious but stable condition. Witnesses told Police, who were quickly on-scene, that three men inside the White Chevrolet Cruze jumped into a Black Toyota Vigo which arrived moments after the crash and the vehicle left the scene at-speed.

Police did attempt to locate the pick-up but it had already left the area. Police were told how the Saloon car approached the area and was being driven erratically as if the driver was intoxicated. The car first struck a side-car used by the mobile food vendor who was travelling slowly. The car then struck 6 stationary motorbikes and then mounted the kerb and came to rest at the front of a small Vietnamese Restaurant.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/61750/drunk-driver-blamed-early-morning-road-crash-central-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-09-05

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

well if these idiots want to abandon the car it should be confiscated!

They should repair it auction it off and give the proceeds to the food vendor

as compensation for injuries and suffering.

Good idea - never thought of that ! thumbsup.gif

And anyone know whether the small Vietnamese restaurant mentioned in the report is any good ?

Edited by londoedan

Sorry about the poor guy who was injured ,but good to hear 6 motorbikes were crushed.

Pet hate against motorbikes ? I love em when i drive them but hate them when im in a car.

I am sure this does not apply to you ,but most of the people who drive them here in Pattaya ,if they had another brain cell they would be a plant.

I have a farang neighbour who regularly is so drunk he staggers when he gets out of his pickup when returning home - no doubt he will soon be in a news report; more than likely someone else will also be injured/killed. Waste of time trying to talk with him as he's an aggressive guy and twice has had police at his house when reported for violence - money does the talking.

Sorry about the poor guy who was injured ,but good to hear 6 motorbikes were crushed.

Pet hate against motorbikes ? I love em when i drive them but hate them when im in a car.

I am sure this does not apply to you ,but most of the people who drive them here in Pattaya ,if they had another brain cell they would be a plant.

I drive my bike in BKK, but i try to drive safe. I realize how much more dangerous a bike is. Though often i prefer the bike because of the traffic. I was in Pattaya last week on the back of a motorcycle taxi and i was amazed about the dangerous things he did and how he just crossed traffic. Mind you i hate bikes like that and never do that myself.

I have a farang neighbour who regularly is so drunk he staggers when he gets out of his pickup when returning home - no doubt he will soon be in a news report; more than likely someone else will also be injured/killed. Waste of time trying to talk with him as he's an aggressive guy and twice has had police at his house when reported for violence - money does the talking.

Sounds like you live on my street.

I mean to say.. I have a British neighbor like that as well. Got so bad that for a while somehow they got him to stop driving. One night while I was working at home I heard a smash only to come out and see how he'd run his truck along the neighbors wall as he turned on the street then just proceeded to continue down the street, park his truck, and stumble into the house.

Edited by Jayman

Sounds like you live on my street.

I mean to say.. I have a British neighbor like that as well. Got so bad that for a while somehow they got him to stop driving. One night while I was working at home I heard a smash only to come out and see how he'd run his truck along the neighbors wall as he turned on the street then just proceeded to continue down the street, park his truck, and stumble into the house.

Often people like that move to Thailand and think they can act like that. Big disgrace to normal foreigners.

What do you have against plants ?