Airlines From Cnx To London Heathrow?

wildpikey

One-change via Swampy to Thai/Eva/British, or via KL or Singapore.

More often two stops, if you're looking for a cheaper-ticket, try skyscanner.

Qatar had a 3-day sale (ending today ?), with BKK-London from about B31k, might be worth a look ?

When is the OP traveling ?

Yes, right now Qatar Airways (a very good airline) is having the global sales. For a return flight BKK <-> LHR economy class it's only about 49,000 Baht.

49,000 baht is their sale price! Thats a thousand quid. I know the European eco-fascists have slapped a big 'carbon tax' (just read tax) on air fares, but there are cheaper offers than that: Opodo has BKK-LHR for 610 quid. about 29,800 Baht with Etihad

As to flights form Chiang Mai - as has been stated no direct flights. In addition to the BKK or KUL options mentioned above, you could try China Airlines CNX-Taipei-Amsterdam-UK or China Airlines to Taipei then EVA direct to London. Another option would be CNX - Seoul Incheon-London. Not too many other options that avoid using the dreaded Suvanarbhumi!

When will some enterprising airline introduce a direct CNX-London/Amsterdam flight?

Yes, right now Qatar Airways (a very good airline) is having the global sales. For a return flight BKK <-> LHR economy class it's only about 49,000 Baht.

49,000 baht is their sale price! Thats a thousand quid. I know the European eco-fascists have slapped a big 'carbon tax' (just read tax) on air fares, but there are cheaper offers than that:

Quite right! I've flown Qatar a few times and never paid this in economy.

I've seen Qatar flights recently for around 35,000 Baht and all the airlines in that block of the middle east are competitive with each other......have no idea where this 49,000 sale price came from?

I just bought a return on Qatar early oct for £625. Its usually a lottery who is cheapest, but tends to be Ethihad, Emirates,Qatar and Swissair. (and theya have gone up 10% on last year- was £560-590) My flight is from Manchester.

I haven't booked from here back outwards but it seems to be a hell of a lot more expensive.

One time missed my flight, so went to the Air france desk, the KLm desk and finally Thai airways....each wanted around £1000 for ONE WAY. so paid for hotel for one night and returned on my ticket next morning.

It was nice to see some reasonably-competitive fares, for BKK-LHR-BKK, rather than just the other way round. thumbsup.gif

Hope that it generated some bookings for them, and will be repeated when I'm looking-to-book, which is usually mid-January when I look to find some good offers for the Spring/Summer/Autumn, with the usual cheaper-airlines.

The Qatar sale fare is less than 25000 baht including all the taxes and charges for a MAN or LHR BKK return. The sale ends on 6th September.

So, we can't look it up then?

It was the 6th September when i posted that. I am in the UK at the moment. The Qatar sale is over now. No doubt Etihad and Emirates will be doing one soon. KLM was doing flights Manchester to Bangkok return about a month ago for gbp497 all in and was easy to get availability. It may be possible that the airlines are selling a UK-BKK-UK ticket cheaper than a BKK-UK-BKK ticket.

It is not only possible--it is absolutely certain, that flights originating in UK [ LHR specifically] are way cheaper than the flights originating in BKK--i.e LHR-BKK compared to BKK-LHR.

Just as a fr'instance--what are people paying right now--since we have missed the cheap, sale date for Qatar.

Incidentally, I just booked with Emirates for October and paid a lot more than folk are quoting here--our problem is that we need to arrive at a provincial airport not LHR so Emirates really fits the bill. Traveling with children makes onward travel from LHR a bit of a headache.

Am also on Qatar Air mailing list--but failed to notice the super-sale option--duuhh!

The Qatar sale fare is less than 25000 baht including all the taxes and charges for a MAN or LHR BKK return. The sale ends on 6th September.

So, we can't look it up then?

It was the 6th September when i posted that. I am in the UK at the moment. The Qatar sale is over now. No doubt Etihad and Emirates will be doing one soon. KLM was doing flights Manchester to Bangkok return about a month ago for gbp497 all in and was easy to get availability. It may be possible that the airlines are selling a UK-BKK-UK ticket cheaper than a BKK-UK-BKK ticket.

For sure, there is no way you will get a flight from Bkk - LHR on Qatar for 25,000 Baht, but it would be possible to get a flight originating the other way for that price in a sale. Others like Etihad and Emirates are around the same price.

Some of the Indian airlines have been getting bad press lately, although I think Air India pilots have ended their strike threats. If I remember rightly, Jet have been cancelling a lot of domestic (maybe also short-hail) flights due to financial problems, but long-haul routes seem to have been maintained, pro tem.

Am about to book a flight for herself to fly BKK - UK (probably MAN), and will try for one of the middle eastern airlines...they seem to have fair prices and good service.....but I'm still steeling myself for higher prices that UK to BKK.

Anyway, that said, since I have only used Etihad, Qatar and BA, I'd be interested to hear of others' experiences of the indian or chinese airlines, as they seem to offer the lowest prices of all.

Dragonair now fly Cnx-Hkg,then you can use CX/BA/VS etc non stop to London.whistling.gif

But why? This means you spend four hours flying in the wrong direction, then another four to get back over Thailand. And their prices are combined much more than using a decent middles eastern airline like Emirates, Etihad of Qatar. I also suggest you look at Turkish which has excellent food & service and now has a good schedule out of Ankara to the UK.

Dragonair now fly Cnx-Hkg,then you can use CX/BA/VS etc non stop to London.whistling.gif

But why? This means you spend four hours flying in the wrong direction, then another four to get back over Thailand. And their prices are combined much more than using a decent middles eastern airline like Emirates, Etihad of Qatar. I also suggest you look at Turkish which has excellent food & service and now has a good schedule out of Ankara to the UK.

Turkish is very good and also has flights into Stanstead, which is close to Cambridge where my kids live.

Also Air Berlin goes into Stanstead as well as other London airports......but I haven't tried it.

Food is low priority for me, sleep, snack and a bit of entertainment is enough......it's only 13 hours,

FYI:

I paid £530 return from LHR (via Mumbai) to Bangkok in October with JET airlines. I never heard of them before but been told they are good, we'll have to see!

I've used Jet Airways LHR-BKK via Mumbai and no complaints about the Airline as good service, modern aircraft and great if you like Indian food. Mumbai Airport is a bit of a dump but in my case it was a pretty quick exit so not long to suffer it.

I'd be interested to hear of others' experiences of the indian or chinese airlines, as they seem to offer the lowest prices of all.

You get what you pay for (usually) and a low cost airline tens to be no frills. Xmas before last I was booked on Jet to Heathrow via Mumbai when Heathrow was snowed in. At check-in it was announced that Mumbai – Heathrow was cancelled so we couldn’t board. They went on to say effectively “go away and come back tomorrow at the same time”. Someone at the front asked for help with overnight accommodation and the reply was along the lines of “not out fault, we don’t have to do anything”. Desk closed and staff disappeared.

I know for a fact that passengers on Quantas (who had probably paid a couple of hundred quid more) were put up in a 5 star hotel with dinner, breakfast, access to phones and the internet all at no cost. Thai airways (who owned the hotel where the Quantas quests stayed) also put some of their delayed passengers in the same hotel but on a room only basis and only for one night. These passengers were then taken back to Swampy to collect their luggage and left to fend for themselves.

I was lucky and managed to get switched from Jet to Thai (who then put me up for the night in the 5 star hotel) and then switched again to Emirates who flew me to Manchester.

I'd be interested to hear of others' experiences of the indian or chinese airlines, as they seem to offer the lowest prices of all.

You get what you pay for (usually) and a low cost airline tens to be no frills. Xmas before last I was booked on Jet to Heathrow via Mumbai when Heathrow was snowed in. At check-in it was announced that Mumbai – Heathrow was cancelled so we couldn’t board. They went on to say effectively “go away and come back tomorrow at the same time”. Someone at the front asked for help with overnight accommodation and the reply was along the lines of “not out fault, we don’t have to do anything”. Desk closed and staff disappeared.

I know for a fact that passengers on Quantas (who had probably paid a couple of hundred quid more) were put up in a 5 star hotel with dinner, breakfast, access to phones and the internet all at no cost. Thai airways (who owned the hotel where the Quantas quests stayed) also put some of their delayed passengers in the same hotel but on a room only basis and only for one night. These passengers were then taken back to Swampy to collect their luggage and left to fend for themselves.

I was lucky and managed to get switched from Jet to Thai (who then put me up for the night in the 5 star hotel) and then switched again to Emirates who flew me to Manchester.

There are horror stories with ALL airlines, just ask some BA, Qantas and Lufthansa passengers for starters.

Jet is no worse than any others and is a good value airline.

There are horror stories with ALL airlines, just ask some BA, Qantas and Lufthansa passengers for starters.

Jet is no worse than any others and is a good value airline.

Very true but everyone tends to make future decisions based on past experiences and mine with Jet was bad so I doubt (never say never) if I will be booking with them again.

Sometimes it's not the airlines but the mongs on the flight that make it a nightmare. Stand up sit down stand up open overhead locker seat goes back seat goes forward bing bong bing bong stand up sit down open overhead locker bing bong seat goes back seat goes forward... And repeat that continually for thirteen hours.

I often wish there were ejector seats on flights!

• Like 2

I once flew with Air India from Bkk to LHR via I think Delhi, it was very cheap (around B10,000 1 way). I remember thinking at the time "oh dear, this may be terrible, I'm going to get cramed in with load of curry smelling Indians!" But actually it was a really pleasant flight, new aircraft with plenty of space.

On the second part of the flight I even managed to bag a whole row of empty middle seats to myself. Yes sir! Put the arm rests up and you have a reasonable bed, slept for that flight which is rare for me, if only I get that everytime! Lush.

Everyone likes to think they chose the best airline, but often it's a matter of luck depending on the services and who gets to sit near you. Selecting an airline because of food is ridiculous IMO. Personal experiences determine very much who one flies with. If you've ever been stuck for 2 days because baggage handlers have gone on strike, you probably won't use that airline again whether it's Golden Skies or Coconut Airways.

FYI:

I paid £530 return from LHR (via Mumbai) to Bangkok in October with JET airlines. I never heard of them before but been told they are good, we'll have to see!

Good value but better still are the flight times that allow an afternoon departure from CNX and a connection at BKK that doesn't involve an overnight stay. Not sure if this still works with DM back in the frame but I used Jet in April and May and liked it. Interesting food and good 777 aircraft on the India-London legs.