Big-C -- Homepro Outside Parking

JimGant

On eastern side of this shopping mall is awning-covered parking. I like it because it is angled, unlike their inside parking.

Recently some blue signs went up, and I now note minimal cars parked in this area. Also, I noted one vehicle parked there had been booted.

Anyone know what's going on? Is parking no longer allowed here for Big-C customers?

Probably only "VIP" customers allowed now!! Yet another of the really, really tiresome aspects of Thai living, this idea that youre more important if you are perceived to have money.

You can even kill a cop with a Ferrari and probably get away with it if youre "VIP" !!

I ve lived and worked in quite a few developing world countries, Ghana, South Africa, Namibia, Argentina, Brasil.......and I would say that by far, very very far, Thailand "Hi So" types are the most snobbish and grasping of any country I ve visited. They actually do seem to believe that they are more superior than mere mortals like the rest of us!!

Bummer as I park there usually. Just yesterday in fact.

Easier as less cars & the slanted parking you mentioned

I did not notice the signs but did notice lots of parking.

I doubt it is for VIP as why would they make the VIP's walk so far?

Maybe it is because they sometimes use that area for the auctions of cars & bikes?

Will have to read the sign next time I go.

Thanks for the warning though since you saw a car booted

Edited by mania

Without actually seeing the signs myself i can't say for sure. If I would have to guess, I would not assume its VIP as Thai's use the letter V I P to to signify these thing. Going a step further(making another assumption), handicap parking is usually put up front to allow people with disabilities to get in/out of the stores with more ease, and these spots are usually signified with there blue signs/paint

Maybe it is because they sometimes use that area for the auctions of cars & bikes?

Sorry if I got it wrong. Just felt like a rant against all this "VIP" culture!! These people take advantage of their perceived status all the time. They claim and get massive discounts at golf courses while the rest of us pay the proper price. I ve seen people moved in restaurants because a Hi So group want that table, and of course they park wherever they want without penalty!!

Sorry if I got it wrong. Just felt like a rant against all this "VIP" culture!! These people take advantage of their perceived status all the time. They claim and get massive discounts at golf courses while the rest of us pay the proper price. I ve seen people moved in restaurants because a Hi So group want that table, and of course they park wherever they want without penalty!!

I think we got your point. Done yet?

• Like 2

My best recommendation is just park there, and see what happens.

When the parking dude starts waving his arms at you, shout "I am the Swiss ambassador to Thailand!", give him a very strong look, and walk off like you own the place.

Works every time for me....but only when I have diplomatic flags attached to my Honda Wave 100 laugh.png

• Like 1

That reply was not appropriate or called for.

That reply was not appropriate or called for.

Your referring to my post or the one I was responding too?

Why would a VIP or Hi so visit Big C????

Quite, they would send the maid or chauffeur, without a doubt ! laugh.png

I've seen areas of the outside-parking at Tesco-Lotus closed-off, when they're preparing to re-do the white-lines, as the painters have trouble painting round the parked cars. Seems reasonable ! Is this a possible explanation ?

Without actually seeing the signs myself i can't say for sure. If I would have to guess, I would not assume its VIP as Thai's use the letter V I P to to signify these thing. Going a step further(making another assumption), handicap parking is usually put up front to allow people with disabilities to get in/out of the stores with more ease, and these spots are usually signified with there blue signs/paint

Funny thought came to my mind when reading your post above re the disabled marked parking spaces.

Anyone else remember about 40 or more years ago the high school and college student exercise program of trying to set records with how many bodies they could get into a phone booth???

Well as it relates with your post re the disabled designated parking spaces around town, it appears the Thais try and emulate the years ago stunt by trying to see how many motos they can get into any and all of those spaces designated to the disabled.