Looking To Buy In Pattaya / Jomtien/bang Sare

Mikey1

Im looking to buy either a house or condo in the above district. Im thinking Condo to start with as I am unsure about security issues, but my wife would prefer a house >>>>>>>

Im looking to use a SIP pension scheme in MARCH 2013 to fund the purchase with my Thai Wife. I guess that means it needs to be a legitimate investment that shows reurns to the fund.

Has anybody got any advice with regard to good value sea view peoperties? and how to navigate through the SiP purchase?

Any "heads up" will be most welcome.

Mike

I think you probably cannot do this using your SIPP...unless the purchase is in name of the trustees of the SIPP scheme..been a while since I professionally advised on SIPP's.

Anyhow you realise that once you have bought that it can be very hard to sell in a reasonable time scale (Forget what Estate Agents tell you) ask around.

Better to rent for a good while and then once settled to consider buying.

PM me if you want more advice.

Best

Paul

(Of course your Wife wants you to buy!)

Edited by Pdavies99

As mentioned above, if you are new to the area, I'd highly recommend renting for a bit. It will give you some time to check out these areas before committing. Bang Saray is great, but if you head into town a bunch, it's a looooong drive. And weekends are nuts. It's going to get worse with all the new development going on down there (water parks, new condos, etc). You mentioned 3 areas that couldn't be more different from each other. Packed, not so packed, and countryside.

With regards to house vs. condo, this has been discussed a bunch. Do a search on this forum as well as in the RE forum. It's a personal decision. Some love one, some love the other. Security is an issue, but if you are in the right area, not a problem.

You wife probably knows about ownership laws here. Could be a reason she's pushing you in that direction. Easy way to find out is just say you'll put it into a company in your name. See what kind of reaction that draws.

But dont forget the SIPP Trustees must have ownership of all assetts within the Scheme, so I dont think you can do it, also I am unsure if you can put a property that you may live in into a SIPP.

Better forget this route! Many, many legal issues!!

post-38461-0-50688300-1347110696_thumb.jpost-38461-0-43862400-1347110715_thumb.j

ive got a 60 sq metre sea view studio condo in jomtien floor 26

just had a high quaility refurbishment done

im considering selling/renting it when i return in november

if your interested i could even let you rent it first

like a try before you buy

anyone want more details feel free to pm me