Garden Cress

yermanee

Hi there,

Does anyone know where to find fresh garden cress (not watercress)?

Foodland used to have it, not anymore. Villamarket had some recently but since 2 weeks, nothing, and the staff doesn't know if any will come soon.

I'm craving for it.

Anyone ?

Yermanee wai.gif

It does drive you crazy here a bit. we went to buy avocados yesterday at Foodland. 2 weeks ago you could get a big bag for about 90B. Today, they were 49B each! The stores are very inconsistent.

It gets frustrating having to visit 2-3 stores to get all the items you need.

It does drive you crazy here a bit. we went to buy avocados yesterday at Foodland. 2 weeks ago you could get a big bag for about 90B. Today, they were 49B each! The stores are very inconsistent.

It gets frustrating having to visit 2-3 stores to get all the items you need.

Especially if like you, one has to travel a fair distance to get too these stores.

BTW I live near Wat Suthiwas on the dark side not as far as you, but not near any of the good supermarkets, the nearest being Foodland, at exactly 9 klicks.

Yermanee wai.gif

I'm also very partial to cress especially in a sandwich and as Rab C has said it is usually obtainable in Friendship and I have bought it there in the past. By all accounts it is easy to grow once you've got the seeds from which the plant becomes fully developed and ready to eat in a week.

I'm also very partial to cress especially in a sandwich and as Rab C has said it is usually obtainable in Friendship and I have bought it there in the past. By all accounts it is easy to grow once you've got the seeds from which the plant becomes fully developed and ready to eat in a week.

Yes I know it's easy to grow once one has the seeds. But can't find them either.

Thanks for the suggestion

Yermaneewai.gif

Yes I know it's easy to grow once one has the seeds. But can't find them either.

Thanks for the suggestion

Yermaneewai.gif

If and when you come across some cress in Friendship or elsewhere I'm sure the seeds are actually in the cress heads and there are some very helpful websites for the amateur horticulturalist on how to grow your own cress.

If and when you come across some cress in Friendship or elsewhere I'm sure the seeds are actually in the cress heads and there are some very helpful websites for the amateur horticulturalist on how to grow your own cress.

I may be wrong but aren't the seeds that sit between the stalks seeds that didn't make it ?

Anyway thanks to all that replied.

I have friends in my country send me a few packets of seeds that will last me till my next trip to Europe..

Thanks again

Yermanee wai.gif