Walking St Violence

wans

I just got attacked in walking st. up past the bars where the guitar guys are, before the russsian discos. by the time I was attacked a large crowd had gathered including police, I was saying "for what?" because I didnt know why he was attacking me, he hit me, I said to the police for what, they said he was mafia and there was nothing they could do, so watch out for the scrawny looking guy up there, hes mafia and the police let him do what he wants

Edited by wans

And Pattaya , is a family resort other posters say in another thread , i lived there for 5 years full time i hate the place.its more corrupt than any other place i know in the world.

Edited by Boyce
  • Like 1

he was Thai, I forget what he looked like but he walked back in front of the police so i said "hey thats the guy that just hit me", he obviously knew he was protected or he wouldnt walk past them, and they told me he was mafia so they cant do anything, probably they were just too lazy or maybe they thought it was funny to see farang get attacked, he looked like one of the guys that does the jetski scam, down and out jail escapy kind of guy

now that I think about it I think it was more a case of the police not wanting to intervenene, which is sort of a nice thing about Thailand, but it didnt help me much, they were probably joking about the mafia as the guy was down and out and probably going thru yabba withdrawel

I would like to thank the Arabs that came to my assistance while the Thai police stood and watched

And Pattaya , is a family resort other posters say in another thread , i lived there for 5 years full time i hate the place.its more corrupt than any other place i know in the world.

I love the place and I love the non-family aspect of it the most. I've lived here a lot longer than 5 years.

Now that that's out of the way . . . .

Why would some Thai attack a farang in the main touristic area without any reason?

why not when hes having a bad day and he knows the police are protecting him

he wanted money from me and when he persisted I told him to sod off

my fault for not being more subtle but not a reason for violence or the police to allow violence, in my opinion

Why would some Thai attack a farang in the main touristic area without any reason?

why not when hes having a bad day and he knows the police are protecting him

my fault for not being more subtle but not a reason for violence or the police to allow violence, in my opinion

I've only been in Thailand full time for 3 years now, so not an expert. There are a few things I've learned. Be rude and you'll get it back in spades. Be polite and you'll be returned with the same.

Thai's seem to go off the deep end when they feel slighted. I know it's hard to do at times, but it does pay off.

Not sure if it's part of this "face saving" thing or not. But I've learned to bite my tongue and walk away.

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thanks. I for one appreciated your last topic about the guys with machetes on Beach road. http://www.thaivisa....ach-in-evening/

I advised a friend of mine and his lady to steer clear of Walking street.

actually my view is that walking st and the beach are generally as safe as anywhere in the world, or more so, as 99% of Thais are very friendly and polite, but there is a small amount, especially in Pattaya, who are drug addicts and would steal from their own mothers to buy drugs, and the problem is that Thais accept them so they remain a problem, for example there is a spot of the beach where pickpocketers work every night but the Thais reaction is dont talk about it, like they accept the jetski scammers who are also violent drug addicts.

You didn't speak about money in your previous messages...

So a beggar asked you for money and because he touched your arm you call that an "attack"... Sure it is wink.png

In fact you didn't give any information that could make your story credible. No reason for attack, no date or hour of the supposed attack (yes maybe WS not as safe at 5am than 11pm), no precise location, no information about which police would have come,... just nothing.

Edited by Pattaya46

I just wanted to say thanks. I for one appreciated your last topic about the guys with machetes on Beach road. http://www.thaivisa....ach-in-evening/

I advised a friend of mine and his lady to steer clear of Walking street.

actually my view is that walking st and the beach are generally as safe as anywhere in the world, or more so, as 99% of Thais are very friendly and polite, but there is a small amount, especially in Pattaya, who are drug addicts and would steal from their own mothers to buy drugs, and the problem is that Thais accept them so they remain a problem, for example there is a spot of the beach where pickpocketers work every night but the Thais reaction is dont talk about it, like they accept the jetski scammers who are also violent drug addicts.

What about the machetes?

You didn't speak about money in your previous messages...

So a beggar asked you for money and because he touched your arm you call that an "attack"... Sure it is wink.png

In fact you didn't give any information that could make your story credible. No reason for attack, no date or hour of the supposed attack (yes maybe WS not as safe at 5am than 11pm), no precise location, no information about which police would have come,... just nothing.

Lots of times there is more to the story that never gets told. Not sayin' he's lying it's just a strange story.

Maybe this guy was on y@bba? I have never been attacked for no reason in Pattaya and I'ved lived and traveled in Pattaya for 6 years.

30+ years ago, in a smallish seaside town in Denmark, you would be tempting fate walking around alone downtown after dark. There were newspaper articles daily about people getting assaulted, but thugs who would do it just out of boredom or drunkenness The police would usually not arrive until the thugs had long gone, and even when they were caught they usually got short, suspended sentences.

In all the years (about 10 now) I've lived in Pattaya and gone out in Walking Street I have never even SEEN any violence. Once or twice I've seen the results of it, i.e. people being frog marched out by the cops, that's the closest.

Most Thais are actually very laid back, but there are some Thais in Pattaya who have a short fuse with rude and drunk behavior, and for that reason it is not a good idea to mouth the F word to Thais.

If you behave I'm sure Pattaya is as safe any other holiday areas in the world.

Phil you just are not going to the right places. Wait till the Farang bars close and then walk up any of those Sois in Walking street away from the Gulf. If that does not do it then go to Pattaya South road and walk up to Soi BuaKhow between 3 and 5 AM. Weave a bit as you walk. Still no action take a left and listen for the gunshots. That's where the action is. I used to do this every night. I only got mugged once in 3 years. 2 mobile phones stolen. 1 passport and lost about 3 thousand baht. Not bad for 3 years.