What's Your Favourite Bar? Why?

jonas1234

Because i do know ,any bar that does not have girls that bother you for drinks ,thats it end off ,finish ,capish?rolleyes.gif

See here is the point. You are making another moral statement about people. It has nothing to do with bars. The guy asked what is your favorite bar. So guys who like bars are here, ears all perked up waiting for your answer. And you come off with some anti sex statement about girls that bother you. How about boys that bother you? Would that be OK? See what I am saying. I am so dead tired of quacks who come to Thailand, the Sex hub of the world and say stuff like one would get at Sunday school. Why do you do it? The Russians go to seven eleven and everyone else in Pattaya goes to bars with girls. They don't bother you if you ask them not to bother you. You don't know that? When was the last time you were at a bar in Pattaya?

Right the last time i was in a bar was this afternoon , it was on the darkside ,its not my favourite bar ,i dont have one ,once upon a time i used to go to bars to roger girls ,now i have been married a long time and i dont ,so i just go to bars that dont have girls who bother you for drinks ect ,i am not a prude ,far from it and i like women ,but now i just want to drink with friends without being bothered ,whats wrong with that? i dont have a favourite bar i like lots of them ,just i particularaly like the ones THAT DONT HAVE GIRLS THAT BOTHER ME FOR DRINKS .

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because i do know ,any bar that does not have girls that bother you for drinks ,thats it end off ,finish ,capish?rolleyes.gif

See here is the point. You are making another moral statement about people. It has nothing to do with bars. The guy asked what is your favorite bar. So guys who like bars are here, ears all perked up waiting for your answer. And you come off with some anti sex statement about girls that bother you. How about boys that bother you? Would that be OK? See what I am saying. I am so dead tired of quacks who come to Thailand, the Sex hub of the world and say stuff like one would get at Sunday school. Why do you do it? The Russians go to seven eleven and everyone else in Pattaya goes to bars with girls. They don't bother you if you ask them not to bother you. You don't know that? When was the last time you were at a bar in Pattaya?

Right the last time i was in a bar was this afternoon , it was on the darkside ,its not my favourite bar ,i dont have one ,once upon a time i used to go to bars to roger girls ,now i have been married a long time and i dont ,so i just go to bars that dont have girls who bother you for drinks ect ,i am not a prude ,far from it and i like women ,but now i just want to drink with friends without being bothered ,whats wrong with that? i dont have a favourite bar i like lots of them ,just i particularaly like the ones THAT DONT HAVE GIRLS THAT BOTHER ME FOR DRINKS .

Nothing wrong with that. People have all different reasons for likeing bars. I used to go to Lolitas to see the crocodile.

I like the Sailor Bar in soi 8. Really good cold cheap beer and spirits, good owner, very good restaurant with low prices, top cocktails at 60 baht each and has really good staff. As for girls not asking me for drinks, I just say, sorry I come for just drink with friend and then they leave me alone, no real problems there.

Another good one is "The Marquee" on Soi Buakhao is where we go to start the night then usually end up back there at the end of the night! Good music, and no bars next to it so your not defend by lots of other bars music! open air so can breath, nicely done out, clean toilets, friendly staff, no girlie drink hassles, really cheap drink prices, pool table, darts board, good for people watching if on your own, football on at the weekends, plenty of parking, all round a great bar.

New Plaza is good at 40 THB for a Chang, but I prefer the place on the LHS at the bottom of Soi 8 to sit and watch the world go by and at 45 THB for a Chang it's also good value IMHO.

Night-time I like any of the bars in Simon Plaza (except Frog), Alcatraz, Cavern, Oasis and Tim Bar is usually a good laugh.

I've been in TQ's a couple of times this week in the late afternoon and its been great.

Always like 5 Star for a quiet couple of beers.

Wonderful 2 before 7 pm.

Some of the beer bar complexes on 2nd Road near Central used to be good, but they seem a bit quiet to me at the moment, ditto the places on Soi Diana.

I'd like to go to Baccara, What's Up, Iron bar etc more often, but can't afford it sad.png

Jamesons for the food and conversation

Leo Blues Bar for the great music and my friends

I've never liked Jamesons, personally I find it a bit cliquey and too cold.

I had a couple of drinks and a meal in Dicey's last night - not too bad. Music wasn't up to much though.

I also tried a few of the smaller bars on Soi Bukhao - several I hadn't had a drink in before. They were fine and I enjoyed myself; had a couple of interesting natter's with fellow expats.

Also had a drink or 2 in Champagne (bit below par I thought) and Oasis (well below par).

Currently I'd recommend some of the mid-range go-go's on WS ahead of these 2 places, particularly the first few on the RHS at the Beach Rd end..

1) Good for people watching

2) No whores but good female staff

3) Decent music

4) Pool table or dart board

5) Good company

6) Decent priced beer

7) Good decent food

8) Open air concept as apposed to closed in with air-con

9) Live music is nice

10) Close by in order to get home after

11) Music at decent decibel readings so one can talk

No. 4 & 7 not too important to me but other than that, same.

• 2 weeks later...

Baccara has cheap tap beer, agree on what's up and Iron way too expensive for me sad.png

What I sometimes do(being a cheap ass) I just buy a couple big changs at the 711 and drink on beach rd. 84 baht all in and free companionship. if I need some tart its only 500 bahts or less. giggle.gif

Baccara has cheap tap beer, agree on what's up and Iron way too expensive for me sad.png

What I sometimes do(being a cheap ass) I just buy a couple big changs at the 711 and drink on beach rd. 84 baht all in and free companionship. if I need some tart its only 500 bahts or less. giggle.gif

Living the dream eh. Can I ask, what is the secret to your success?

• Like 2

My favourite is my local where I sit and chat to friends - name withheld.

Poker Bar - Beach Road. Reasonable music and good staff. Can watch the palm trees, the sea and watch the legs go by.

Cloud 9 - Soi 8 Beach Road. For the music and good laughs with the staff.

Lucky Corner - Soi 7 Beach Road. Reasonable music.

A go-go's, when I visit them :-

Champagne - LK Soi Metro

Windmill - Walking street.

Sounds great :) I have found a small bar on soi buakhao selling large Changs at 50b, no girls no hassle cheap drinking

coral reef soi 8 good craic with phil and the other expats,

sailor bar soi 8 good cheap food,

then round the corner just of soi 7 micky mouse bar to see pom a freind of mine for many years to have a chat with her,

but i havnt been for a while,

and if i had a bad head in the morning wanting a nice big brecky would be pig a whistle brecky cup of tea and watch the news,,lol

I think kasideree house is the name not sure but in soi buakaow...

I'm going to try the one with golden lion on top....

Soi honey /soi buakaow..

Seems quite nice too...

Also going to try whiterspoons...

Evenings I like Noi bar,soi honey/buakaow....

For food I like Crazydave..

Esspecially chilli/chips

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Crazy Daves , good heavens , have you seen the kicthen and the staff. No thanks.

• Like 1

I think kasideree house is the name not sure but in soi buakaow...

I'm going to try the one with golden lion on top....

Soi honey /soi buakaow..

Seems quite nice too...

Also going to try whiterspoons...

Evenings I like Noi bar,soi honey/buakaow....

For food I like Crazydave..

Esspecially chilli/chips

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Crazy Daves , good heavens , have you seen the kicthen and the staff. No thanks.

Crazy Daves has been there many many years. The first time i went it was 8 years ago. At that time it was ok. Dave was always about so he kept an eye on things , Linda was part of the furniture sat at the bar drinking Chang. Only Fools and Horses on the TV 24 / 7. The quality of breakfast was good. decent bacon , decent sausage etc. Alas , in my opinion over the years it's slowly but surely gone downhill. The quality of produce used for breakfast is a mere shadow of the good times. You don't see Dave anymore during the day. Last time i saw Linda was a few years ago. She'd just fallen out of the upstairs window while drunk and broke her arm. The place itself hasn't changed one bit. Still the same funrniture , pictures , posters and Del Boy still getting the laughs from those who can remember. Yes the faithfull staff are still around. Unfortunately they haven't mastered the art of cooking a fried egg properly. Most stuff nowadays is just chucked in a microwave straight from the big freezer. It's not uncommon to get your curry half frozen. Dave should do something about this. He's a decent bloke. Maybe he's just sick to death of the place and lost interest.

All seems to prove the frequently stated ''Pattaya is known for the quantity of it's bars/nightlife, not the quality''. Depending who you are listening to there are between 3,000 and 6,000 bars in Pattaya, including Naklua and Jomtien, and while those mentioned are OK in their own ways, none are particularly inspiring.

The basic requirement of a bar is customers, and Pattaya does not have enough of these to go round so many bars. After this you need honest, friendly and competent staff and owners.......see comment re customers.

I mainly drink in my mate's bar, which he has had for over 10 years and has a fairly regular crowd of permanent residents, semi-permanents and regular visitors and long-stayers. Sometimes you go and it's empty, sometimes it's heaving, depends on who's in town.

Other than that some places I like are:-

Maggie May, both in Pattaya and Jomtien are sort of halfway decent.

Sailor Bar as previously mentioned.

New Plaza bars are so cheap you can't dislike them.

Green Bottle, occasionally, then I check the bin and say never again.

Wonderful Bar, live music and usually at least fairly busy.

Not keen on Walking Street or Soi Bukhao.

My Favourite laid back bar used to be the Sugar Shack - back in the late 80's and early 90's.

These days the Lucky Star is a nice place to watch the greatest show on earth ( well after a few beers )...Jap tourists taking photos of you

sitting in a beer bar..well that never gets old.... thumbsup.gif

Fave Gogo bar is Peppermint...just a stones throw from Lucky Star....( btw Lucky Star has this badly deformed dog who is also a mean pool player )

Edited by chonabot

1) Good for people watching

2) No whores but good female staff

3) Decent music

4) Pool table or dart board

5) Good company

6) Decent priced beer

7) Good decent food

8) Open air concept as apposed to closed in with air-con

9) Live music is nice

10) Close by in order to get home after

11) Music at decent decibel readings so one can talk

This is good description. I'm agree with most of it.

What is important to me

1) Decent priced beer

2) Music at decent decibel readings so one can talk

3) Global aspect should not look fency neither cheap/dirty.

4) No whores/freelancer.

5) Open air concept as apposed to closed in with air-con

6) No old fat and ugly farang (bonus if with 30 year younger thaï woman) or young noisy over drunk farang.

7) Location

Now if you want a name I didn't find any I really like yet. So sorry I don't answer to the original question.

Now after few beer and since I'm with good company I don't really care where am I.

4) No whores/freelancer.

6) No old fat and ugly farang (bonus if with 30 year younger thaï woman) or young noisy over drunk farang.

Two points here:

[1] Us old, fat and ugly (and bald) falangs have got to drink somewhere sad.png

[2] Just on the above 2 criteria alone I reckon you'll struggle to find your bar of choice in Pattaya. Maybe you're in the wrong town / forum ?

Anyway good luck finding a beer.

Someone mentioned they thought there were 1600 bars in Pattaya. I'd like to retire early next year and try and have at least one beer in each one - now there's something to put in the bucket thumbsup.gif