Us Embassy Parking

wayned

I need to visit the US embassy on 25 Sept to renew my passport. I am driving from upcountry and used to park at Foodland on Soi 5 and take a taxi. I know that it has been renovated and reopened, but is the parking lot open? If not, can I park at the Landmark Hotel. This area provides easy access to the freeway and kills two birds with one stone - Embassy and restock of groceries not available where I live. Any other suggestions for parking would be appreciated. I don't get around too well after having hip replacement surgery in August.

There is parking available in the building right before the consulate. If you dont already have passports photos, there is a photo shop on the ground floor in the back of the same building where you can get them. Dont know if the Foodland parking lot is open.

Conrad Hotel Complex, GPF Towers, Lumpini Park, Sindhorn Building, Plaza Athanee. Spaniel is probably referring to the shopping complex with the Conrad in it....and there is also a grocery store inside for shopping. Lumpini is the only free parking, but it's a few minute walk or motorcycle ride up from the park entrance to the embassy. The church on Ruam Rudee often has their gates open and you could park in there for free if there's a spot open.

Thanks for the info, I'll go to the Conrad if necessary. If anybody knows if the car park at Foodland on Soi 5 is open, I would appreciate feedback, old habits are hard to break.

If you park there at the Conrad Hotel Complex, GPF Towers you can get free parking. Visit any of the shops and get your parking ticket validated. I usually just go into the TOPS Market and buy a few things that I needed any way and then all is good.

Thanks., same at Foodland. Just easier for me to park at Foodland if available. Off tollway, down Soi 5 and park. When done, down Sukhumvit, u-turn at Asoke, back on tollway at Nana. Don't have to screw with the maize of getting back on tollway from Wireless road. And since I am not walking very good, a taxi directly to the Embassy and back would work best.

Sent e-mail to Foodland and received following reply:

The parking for our store at Soi 5 is at the same location as before on the

> 2nd Floor. There is an elevator down to our store on the Ground Floor. We

> look forward to seeing you again at our store.

My question is answered, Thanks for all of your help.

>