Cost Of A Lawyer And Advice Me Please!

Hello all,

I am looking for a lawyer to help me out buying land. (also still looking for land so any sugestions?) I found a lawyer, it from the company SOMPHOB AND ASSOCIATES LAW OFFICE LTD., i wonder if anyone have experience with them, or have other sugestions for lawyers. Thsi lawyer cost me 56000 baht for set up a company and 50000 baht for assistence in buying land (Contract advice)

Also if somebody have any advice about what is a good busniss to set up then i would be glad to hear about it. i want to do something with farming. Fish or fruit, things like that.

I am 24 years old and alone, So wondered about if i start for my self in thailand, if i can survive in a goodway. Not to luxery, but better then thai standards. POSSIBLE???

regards,

Peter

depends how much money you got to start with.

Thai fruit and fish farmers do not seem to be laden with the burden of wealth.

Also depends on the size of the land you want. Most small farms are uneconomical and this is why you get the wealthy buy up small holdings and farm it as a large operation.

Oh thanks for the quick reply,

I got a starting cash of about one miljon baht. not to much i guess, and want to have arround 15 rai, i know about near ubon ratchathani is a lot of land for sale arround the 20 to 30000 bath a rai.

I know, that farming is not a busnes for much profit unless have a big organisation, but if it have a profit aroiund the 50000 baht a month, then i would be happy already. Can do with that i think :o

What you mean with buying up small holdings. You mean i can buy land from other small farmers and join them together as one? Hope you can explain me in easy english coz my english aint that good.

Regards

I mean that lots of small farmers have a hard time to make any money because their land is so small and they have to do all themself. They cannot employ many or anyone to help.

So what tends to happen is many small farmers sell to a wealthy person either in their area or village, or they borrow money from a similar person and then when they cannot pay it back, the other guy owns the land. Lots of people throughout Los that have the spare cash buy up land and either lease it back or combine it all and farm themselves. They can then farm large areas, grow large crops and sell under contract or whatever.

Take a look at pig farming, but the problem with that is many areas are controlled by mafia.

Do you speak thai, you said you are alone, so getting into farming as a loner foreigner I think you are asking for trouble.

Peter,

How much do you know about Thailand, the law and farming? If you're not careful your 1m baht could disappear very quickly with you having little other than bitter experience to show for it. The lawyer seems to be very expensive. Much of what you want to do you can do without a lawyer. With or without, you really need to have a trusty Thai with you. I don't know which country you are from but I can promise you that things are very different in Thailand!

I suggest that you do a great deal of research before you spend any money or sign any contracts. Start by searching your topics on this site then, if you haven't already done so, spend time in the area of your choice and get to know what's going on there.

Good luck!

Alright, Thanks for explaining it to me,

But guess i should start my own company first before buying out other farmers, coz sounds like a thing with a bigger change to lose the land ownership something like that. don't know how to say hihihi

About thai language, Yeah i can help my self arround, offcourse still have to learn alot about the farming. And in the isaan and arround chiangmai they have different dialects to that makes it more complicated. But i am learning, and before i can do business i have to set up the busness and constructions, I'll do it all by my self. I have the time and am an engineer myself. Guess it takes me about a year before everything on the land is alright for start doing business. In the 11 times i came here (in 5 years) i never had any problem yet with thaipeople and the language barrier, perhaps coz i am willing to try and learning, and look like thai hahaha.

But still wondering about if there excist cheaper land then 30000 baht a rai, and if anybody know the trusted lawyers. Coz iwth a bad lawyer it all can end up wrong.

For now i still was thinking about a fishing farm (Pla Duk) Found a lot of information about how to set it up and things about Pla Duk, Only don't know anything about how much they can be sold for at markets. Thats what i have to ask next time i get there, Or anybody perhaps know??

regards

Dont know about the current price but was offered a farm of nearly 90 rai at under 1 million baht two years ago way back in the hills in Udon/Loie beautiful spot with a lake but wasn't quick enough now being used for the deaded yang pala rubber trees.What waste of a beautiful area soon black with no light penetrating.

If you're alone I doubt you will manage.Farming is one of the Thai only occupations as far as I know.So you're on a looser by yourself.

So sad to hear you missed a change of buying nice land, maybe more luck next time,

Thank you for your critics about the topic, i appreciate that, however it would be more nice if you showed more respect in what kind of words you use. I just ask for advice and help,and if you think i would make a mistake you can tell me in a normal way, but by using disrespectfull words then better say nothing at all,

Thanks anyway :o

However i have so my ways for still being a farmer, but that's coz some reasons, i know aboutthe that some kind of occupation i can or can't do. ANd i never said i wanted it to be an easy life, i don't mind to work my ass of for get just standards salaris.

Peter,

I think what some are trying to tell you is that you are not allowed to be a farmer in Thailand. You may be able to create a company that owns land used for farming, but you will not be able to actually do any of the farming yourself. My understanding is that in order to work in Thailand you will need to get a work permit. I doubt you will be able to get a work permit to be a farmer. I may be completely wrong but that is my understanding of the law.

I hope I'm wrong and that you are able to raise fish. Good luck with your endeavor.

AFAIK Farming is a prohibited occupation for falangs.

Also, you canot simply buy up land. Your company is the only way to do that. No company, no land.

Ask yourself this: why are people leaving the land and farm work to go to cities all over the world?

Because farming is easy/cheap/profitable/fun?

You're right, none of the above.

Thanks all for the advice,

Guess there are many things i haven't understood yet about thai law and things. Anyway, it would have been nice if it all was possible. Maybe someday it all will be different. Hope someday we foreigners can buy and own 100% of the land.

I will give it a thought again about what kind of business to start.

Anyone know what is the best websit to do reasearch in thai law?

I know about the sex industrie have many illegal things. (Just a thought....) For example i never saw a shop selling dildo's and vibrators.......For sure i know there is a market for that, Every country have that....Why in thailand not?? Is it also illigal to have or sell sex toys here? I just know from experience that there are lots of people looking for toys, most of them are gay and lesbian. The only way for them to get some is ordering by internet. But the can't coz they don't have a credit card. Means they are willing to pay american/european prices for a simple toy............$$$$?

Anyone some thoughts and idea's or knowledge about this?

Don't be to offended by this article....It was just a "playing" thought

Regards....