Google Nexus 7 Tablet

mr3cho

In the market for a tablet and the reviews for the Nexus 7 look good. I especially like it's ability to download a Google map for offline use which could be useful here. The new Kindle fire also looks good. Of course I will wait to see if Apple will be announcing a smaller iPad this week before making a decision.

But I was wondering if anyone has seen the Nexus 7 here in Thailand and for how much (as it is not officially available here yet)?

N7/8 GB is 9,900, N7/16 GB is 11,400. Grey-market/Craig's List/ThaiVisa Classifieds. There have been several threads on this product, and local availability.

Not sure about off-line Google Maps, I can only download a fixed number of 20 mile x 20 mile "squares", so not an entire country-map for Thailand. Turn-by-turn Navigation, for Google Maps, is disabled for Thailand but can be enabled via a hack. There is a 3G version of the N7 rumored.

I got a N7 back in the States, 16GB version. I had a K Fire which I gave to my gf now. I don't know why the reviews don't seem to highlight the most important thing, with a KF, you cannot get apps from the Android Marketplace (Now called Google Play) ! Well if you root the KF you can but it's a hassle and far from guaranteed. You can brick your KF if not careful.

The N7 is very "googlefied", you practically have to join Goolge + which is OK. I like the thing. I liked the old KF also except having to search around for apps. Amazon has most of the apps too but they charge for some that are free elsewhere.

• 3 months later...

Any info about NEXUS 10 ?

Where to buy it in Bangkok now ?

Thanks.

The two online stores that sold the Nexus are out of stock and I've yet to find a retailer in Pattaya that sells it. Seems to be rarer than hen's teeth.