• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And free stuff:

Nice helmet special edition it says:lol:

Of course i never wear that kind of stuff but good to have a spare one as i need one when i wash my shoei.

T shirt is m size >_> so i cannot wear it too.

Key covers and key leather is cool.

That helmet is kinda cool with the Thailand edition printed on it.....different.

Nice of them to toss in some nice freebies

Congrats

PS: Is that you holding the 12-12-12 sign over your bike?

And free stuff:

Nice helmet special edition it says:lol:

Of course i never wear that kind of stuff but good to have a spare one as i need one when i wash my shoei.

T shirt is m size >_> so i cannot wear it too.

Key covers and key leather is cool.

That helmet is kinda cool with the Thailand edition printed on it.....different.

Nice of them to toss in some nice freebies

Congrats

PS: Is that you holding the 12-12-12 sign over your bike?

Thanks mania. I m not the one at the photo. You mean the japanese guy right?

By the way people, just received an sms from honda bigwing.

They are offering test rides until 15th of December. So if anyone here want a test ride before buying it or just for fun, just call 02 7903 999.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Waht kind of 'test ride' is it?

A 'go where you want test ride' or a 'ride it down a closed soi and back test ride'? smile.png

How ever short it is it will be that much longer than any test ride in Chiangmai smile.png

Having come from the US I find it very strange to not be able to test ride a bike

you would like to lay out some $$$ for.

I also forgot the 500's are Big Wing only

Stopped into a Honda shop hoping to see one today in Chiangmai

They said sorry we cannot sell those but a Big Wing is slated to be built in Chiangmai

That too is an oddity IMHO

Edited by mania

^ Can't be too far in the future, they were remodeling a shop close to Tha Pae gate into the CM Big Wing a couple of months ago.

But not surprising about the test rides here, up until a couple of years ago Thais didn't even ask to test drive a car. It looks nice. Okay, here's the down-payment.

Edited by cbrer
  • Like 1

^ big wing chiang mai is supposed to open Feb/March 2012. I am hoping they're on a short leash from BKK so they'll also offer test rides and such.

And yeah there really is no tradition of test rides of vehicles in Thailand. My own plan is to check at POP bike rental once they're out, so far POP always got the latest models before anyone else, I am sure he'll get some of these as well.

• Like 1

There are very less bikes you can buy legally in thailand so we test ride them or not, we buy man.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

There are a lot of bikes that you can buy legally, the only problem is that they are to expensive here. The CBR 500 is just the right price. I think more manufactures should be doing the same for more variety in the middle class market.

There are very less bikes you can buy legally in thailand so we test ride them or not, we buy man.

Yes coming from the US selection here is pretty weak in some areas.

But on the other hand a blast that you can buy a 2 stroke street legal race bike.

Interesting dualism

But as for the no test rides I guess as you say if they can sell them without allowing a test ride

& people line up to buy them that is how it will continue to be.

Not sure why they cannot do as in other countries & have you sign a liability waiver & agreement to pay damages

take a credit card what ever etc. Then allow a short ride. But it is what it is.

As Nikster said the rental is a good alternative & one I have thought about.

Hmmm might be a good side biz for bike dealers

Not a test ride per se' but you can rent a test :)

Found this after a quick GOOGLE serach:

Honda CBR 500 R is a fully faired bike. CBR 500 R takes design inspirations from the CBR family. Front and side takes inspirations from the big brothers CBR 1000 RR and CBR 600 RR.while the rear end is inspired from the small brother CBR 250 R.CBR 500 R continues the touring position image of the CBR family. Handle bars are placed much more upright than the sports bikes.You can ride with Pillion. This will be a great bike for India. Honda CBR 500 R is powered by 470cc liquid cooled parallel twin engine which makes 46.9 BHP and makes 30 lb/ft of torque. Top speed is 168 Kmph. Which is quite good for a 500 cc bike which will give good mileage like other CBR bikes. This engine will be mated to a 6 speed manual gearbox.

Read more at http://autogadget46.blogspot.com/2012/10/honda-cbr-500-r-cb-500-x-and-cb-500-r.html#ARKOdXcLIu0RXMoo.99

It's a single front disc bike as seen in the photo they included.

Are they only selling the CBR500R at the moment? Or have they launched the other 2 modelsl, the CB500F and the CBR500X?

Yes just the CBR for now.

If you read back a bit someone gave the release dates for the other

But I don't remember.

Edited by mania

Honda CBR 500 R is a fully faired bike. CBR 500 R takes design inspirations from the CBR family. Front and side takes inspirations from the big brothers CBR 1000 RR and CBR 600 RR.while the rear end is inspired from the small brother CBR 250 R.CBR 500 R continues the touring position image of the CBR family. Handle bars are placed much more upright than the sports bikes.You can ride with Pillion. This will be a great bike for India. Honda CBR 500 R is powered by 470cc liquid cooled parallel twin engine which makes 46.9 BHP and makes 30 lb/ft of torque. Top speed is 168 Kmph. Which is quite good for a 500 cc bike which will give good mileage like other CBR bikes. This engine will be mated to a 6 speed manual gearbox.

Read more at http://autogadget46....dXcLIu0RXMoo.99

My old 750F with 52 HP would go 210 km per hour any day of the week. Does 5HP make that much difference in top speed, or are these new bikes geared differently? edit: Memory is failing me... Just checked and the bike was spec'd at 67 HP. That is more than 5 HP! Edited by T_Dog

Read more at http://autogadget46....dXcLIu0RXMoo.99

My old 750F with 52 HP would go 210 km per hour any day of the week. Does 5HP make that much difference in top speed, or are these new bikes geared differently? edit: Memory is failing me... Just checked and the bike was spec'd at 67 HP. That is more than 5 HP!

Totally different engine designs and characteristics.

I also didn’t know anything about a ‘speed limiter’ / rev limiter….. People should just accept that this bike isn’t an out and out speed machine

I've been doing a bit of research and it would appear that European regulations stipulate that the horsepower, 47 for the new regulations, should be measured at the crankshaft. I don't think the speed would need to be limited as it won't have the power to propel it to much over 105mph. A rev limiter is most likely to stop riders ringing the bike's neck.

I've been doing a bit of research and it would appear that European regulations stipulate that the horsepower, 47 for the new regulations, should be measured at the crankshaft. I don't think the speed would need to be limited as it won't have the power to propel it to much over 105mph. A rev limiter is most likely to stop riders ringing the bike's neck.

It has a redline of 8.5k rpm. I doubt there'll be much neck ringing regardless. :D

CBR250R relines at 10.5k rpm and rev limiter is set at 11.5krpm.

CBR150 redlines at 11.5k rpm(?), presume the limiter is 1k higher.

If the rev limiter is 1k higher than redline, you won't be able to hit 10k rpm. That's a bit disappointing.

I paid a visit to Honda Bigwing BKK today. i thought they could have done more with the place. 1 or 2 of the old sports bikes they have on display are filthy, they could have at least given them a clean before hand. Lots of Honda jackets and bags though.

It has a redline of 8.5k rpm. I doubt there'll be much neck ringing regardless. biggrin.png

CBR250R relines at 10.5k rpm and rev limiter is set at 11.5krpm.

CBR150 redlines at 11.5k rpm(?), presume the limiter is 1k higher.

If the rev limiter is 1k higher than redline, you won't be able to hit 10k rpm. That's a bit disappointing.

Max power is at 8500...not the red line smile.png

Max. Power Output 35kW @ 8500 rpm

Max power is at 8500...not the red line smile.png

Max. Power Output 35kW @ 8500 rpm

I'm just going on what LL said.

In the pic of the dash I saw it looks like a 9k redline.

The new CBR has a speed limiter installed from the factory. That's why

Eh?

I presume it will have a rev limiter... but a speed limiter?

First I've heard of this... source please.

I asked the big wing staff at the motor expo.

So that can be discounted then. :D

They probably got confused and blurted out what they thought the topspeed is.