Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Has anyone ridden the bike yet? Honda claims that the frugal nc700 has the same 0-100km as a cbr600, so maybe this 500 cbr is not so bad. Let us agree that honda knows what they are doing, maybe they did not launch the bike that YOU wanted or expected. If you really want a sporty bike pay the price... CBR1000r starts at 799.000 the... Go for it guys.

I am sure that the cbr500 will fit for the market they created this bike for. I am quite sure if you throw enough money at it it will be very sporty, fast, and it does look very nice, even if it is a litte small for my size...

Come to size, did not many people like the size of the cbr250, only it was a bit weak, well, here it is, almost same size, twice the power, go and enjoy...

I had my hopes for the cb500x as a second bike, but it is just to small for that, so I would rather buy the versys now, as it is quite higher taller than this new bike. I have not seen it in real life yet so that is a must...

Real l I've is calling me, I like power and I like speed, my budget will stop at the z1000, that is enough power for me... And it is the same seat height as the cb500x give or take half a centimetre...

Why always complain about the bikes that are launched? Be happy with the fact we are getting new bikes... I for one is very happy even if I will not buy one... Bikers are friendly people...

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All three bikes are the same but styled different so you can say the cbr is a sports style bike ,cbx all terrain tourer and the cb naked street fighter style.

I used to get the same comments from my hornet oh so you have a commuter bike then ,if that's what some people want to call it then fair enough I'd prefer to call it a naked street fighter style bike.

Same er6n they even have a racing series you can make almost any bike ve what you want it to be.

Has anyone ridden the bike yet? Honda claims that the frugal nc700 has the same 0-100km as a cbr600, so maybe this 500 cbr is not so bad. Let us agree that honda knows what they are doing, maybe they did not launch the bike that YOU wanted or expected. If you really want a sporty bike pay the price... CBR1000r starts at 799.000 the... Go for it guys.

I am sure that the cbr500 will fit for the market they created this bike for. I am quite sure if you throw enough money at it it will be very sporty, fast, and it does look very nice, even if it is a litte small for my size...

Come to size, did not many people like the size of the cbr250, only it was a bit weak, well, here it is, almost same size, twice the power, go and enjoy...

I had my hopes for the cb500x as a second bike, but it is just to small for that, so I would rather buy the versys now, as it is quite higher taller than this new bike. I have not seen it in real life yet so that is a must...

Real l I've is calling me, I like power and I like speed, my budget will stop at the z1000, that is enough power for me... And it is the same seat height as the cb500x give or take half a centimetre...

Why always complain about the bikes that are launched? Be happy with the fact we are getting new bikes... I for one is very happy even if I will not buy one... Bikers are friendly people...

Good post apart from the Honda comments about nc700 ,owners have timed there bikes at 5seconds cbr 600 3 seconds so I honestly don't know where Honda got there figures from

Yeah this is what i want to say. Definitions might be different.

But i just wonder, what is your definition then mania?

My definition is pretty much the same as I quoted above

A sport bike, aka "sportbike" and "sportsbike", is a motorcycle optimized for speed, acceleration,

braking, and cornering on paved roads,typically at the expense of comfort and fuel economy by comparison

with more standard motorcycles

With Motorcycles as with many things form follows function.

The new Honda's are functional no doubt. When you look at their form, suspension,brakes, engines

it is clear what their function is.

I love & actually owe Honda in my personal life.

They make great products.

I am sure these new bikes are great bikes too.

But when you said "Cbr500 is a sport bike guys as sport as it can get"

I disagreed. Again that is not to say they are bad bikes. I just disagreed with your statement

based on my life/experiences.

I think your definition also fits cbr500 even cbr250. Yeah maybe you need to throw a little money on them. Think about all the racing events with these bikes, what about them then?

And i dont ride my bike necessarily based on optimization or for doing sport anyway man or i am not fixed on definitions from wikipedia.

Fun factor is a much more important factor for me and i am sure for many people here.:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

Fun factor is a much more important factor for me

Main thing is your happy I agree & have always said so.

Enjoy

Thanks mania for your kind empathy. I like mature people at this forum.

But not only my happiness, in return, i wish happiness for you all riders in this world too:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

Yeah this is what i want to say. Definitions might be different.

But i just wonder, what is your definition then mania?

My definition is pretty much the same as I quoted above

A sport bike, aka "sportbike" and "sportsbike", is a motorcycle optimized for speed, acceleration,

braking, and cornering on paved roads,typically at the expense of comfort and fuel economy by comparison

with more standard motorcycles

With Motorcycles as with many things form follows function.

The new Honda's are functional no doubt. When you look at their form, suspension,brakes, engines

it is clear what their function is.

I love & actually owe Honda in my personal life.

They make great products.

I am sure these new bikes are great bikes too.

But when you said "Cbr500 is a sport bike guys as sport as it can get"

I disagreed. Again that is not to say they are bad bikes. I just disagreed with your statement

based on my life/experiences.

I think your definition also fits cbr500 even cbr250. Yeah maybe you need to throw a little money on them. Think about all the racing events with these bikes, what about them then?

And i dont ride my bike necessarily based on optimization or for doing sport anyway man or i am not fixed on definitions from wikipedia.

Fun factor is a much more important factor for me and i am sure for many people here.laugh.png

People race nearly everything. That doesn't turn a Velo Solex into a racing bike. Have fun smile.png

Interesting ,if you take a quick look at rideasia they seem to be some different pictures of the CBx upside down forks ,spoked wheels the two most noticeable differences oh and twin discs on the front

The one with spokes is the V4 Crosstourer...pic of same tongue.png

eicma_2011_honda_06.jpg

I don't understand why people alway compare the CBR RR to the CBR R. The CBR R motorcycle is a sports bike and the CBR RR is a supersport motorcycle. You can't compare a race ready bike to a regularly ridden bike.

The new CBR 500R is no different. It's for a person that wants to daily ride a sports motorcycle.

IMO riding in Bangkok is a sport.

Well, my father's company also sells Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Vespa. So expect honest reports from me as well.

hahahhs, funny really man!

But, i do not mean anything about this Brian, just it is an idiom, nothing else as i forgot your step father! sorry.

Edited by loserlazer

Well, my father's company also sells Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Vespa. So expect honest reports from me as well.

hahahhs, funny really man!

But, i do not mean anything about this Brian, just it is an idiom, nothing else as i forgot your step father! sorry.

No worries.

With the exception of the front fork they're mechanically identical, no?

So what would be the point?

Actually I thought they all had the same 41mm forks

with the X just having about a 3/10th inch more travel. negligible

Or does one have a different fork?

Edited by mania

Agreed they are the same bike basically but,

I thought they all had the same 41mm forks

with the X just having about a 3/4 inch more travel. negligible

Edited by mania

Actually I thought they all had the same 41mm forks

with the X just having about a 3/10th inch more travel. negligible

all the same 41 mm fork mania.

Just cbx has more travel as you stated.

But, they will star to sell upside down forks for these bikes around 4 months later for 40 k!

The one with spokes is the V4 Crosstourer...pic of same

Nice. But the pic is a bit big. You can almost see the intake valve.

LOL...not sure why the pic is still original size...I use another forum that uses same software and it automatically shrinks them smile.png

Shouldn't there be different threads for the CBR 500 and the CB 500 and later for the CBX 500?

i asked metishead the mod to change the name of the thread as these leaked photos are real and solid now! but he has some valid reasons for google optimization as it is registered as cbr500 leaked pic in google and hard to change.

And, it is not good to open a new thread for cbr500 as we discussed many points here and all get lost that way.

Besides, all these bikes has same configuration, engine etc so it is best to bland them in one pot as whatever a cb500f owner say might be useful for a cbr500r/cb500x owner too imo.

Shouldn't there be different threads for the CBR 500 and the CB 500 and later for the CBX 500?

People have keyboards and monitors that don't have coffee and spittle on them.

I'm thinking of either buying N250 or CB®500F/X.

I think a thread detailing which one is obviously best and why is muchly needed.

I think a thread detailing which one is obviously best and why is muchly needed.

So open a new thread and exlain there which one is the best. Why do you wait?

I of course cannot understand how you compare different style of bikes with 250 cc and 500cc though:D

So open a new thread and exlain there which one is the best. Why do you wait?

I'm waiting for Johnny F's time of the month.

I of course cannot understand how you compare different style of bikes with 250 cc and 500cc though:D

Well I might want to top it out on a BKK-Chiang Mai lunch-run, and the N250 evidently goes faster (higher top speed).

Edited by cbrer

I love the little Ninja 300 (outside of Asia) but as good as the Ninja 250 is and given that it may possibly have a slightly higher top speed it'll take ages to get there.

The CB500 will hit 90mph in the same time it takes the Ninja 250 to touch 70mph.

Just because the Ninja 250 may have a higher top end doesn't tell us anything and ultimately both bikes shouldn't be compared.

not too long now and there should be a wave of owner and magazine reviews to take our time up :D

Lets see about top speed.

You know cbrer, our cbr250 can show a 160 kmh indicated so a 500 cc only 169 kmh?

It has either a strangely arranged gearing/sprockets or it has gps 169 kmh top speed which means around 185-190 kmh indicated.

Anyway, it is all about how fast you can reach 185 kmh, isn't it at the end?

Edited by loserlazer