Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Lets see about top speed.

You know cbrer, our cbr250 can show a 160 kmh indicated

Mine shows higher than that.

GPS is a different matter. Tops out about 150kph.

so a 500 cc only 169 kmh?

20kph more. For a bike designed for low-end power, highly plausible.

I've never ridden it, HFL got the exact CC and HP correct, and also claimed this, perhaps ask them and let us know the answer.

Interestingly enough google's first page shows 160kph, 166kph, 168kph and 169kph.

http://www.google.co...iw=1366&bih=640

The first two are Indian bike sites, perhaps the Indian market are getting slower version like they did with the CBR250. (Tuned for more fuel efficiency iirc).

Either way, I'm not sure I'd want to go too much faster in Thailand. :D

Edited by cbrer

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The quoted speeds are nearly always wrong I wait until someone buys one and takes it to it's limit then we know the correct top speed I'd hazard a guess you will see 170-180 on the speedo

I'd certainly hope so.

I'd hope for (and expect) at least 170kph on the GPS without having to crawl under the paint.

Add 10% for likely speedo-difference, and 190kph on the clock would look nice.

Edited by cbrer

I don't think there can be much debate here. The CBR500 has to be faster(acceleration) than the Ninja250. That extra HP has to count for something.

I don't think top speed matters that much though, they're are probably quite close, and lets say, 170kph, is more than enough.

People have keyboards and monitors that don't have coffee and spittle on them.

I'm thinking of either buying N250 or CB®500F/X.

I think a thread detailing which one is obviously best and why is muchly needed.

So open a new thread and exlain there which one is the best. Why do you wait?

I'm waiting for Johnny F's time of the month.

I of course cannot understand how you compare different style of bikes with 250 cc and 500cc though:D

Well I might want to top it out on a BKK-Chiang Mai lunch-run, and the N250 evidently goes faster (higher top speed).

Sorry to disappoint you Holmes, but my choice of Ninja 250 and GSXR 600 suits me fine right now. If rag week gets too much I'll be upgrading to an inline 4 litre bike. No need to compare my current bikes to this bike, one is half the size and the other one is a different class all together.

FWIW I like this cbr500 and I think it will be a good touring bike. Look forward to the reviews from the people who actually pony up and buy the bike as opposed to the spammers who hope they might one day get a real job and have the money to buy one :)

I don't think there can be much debate here. The CBR500 has to be faster(acceleration) than the Ninja250.

I don't think anybody was debating that.

That should certainly be a given.

^ I'd guess one to two days pre-menstrual.

Edited by cbrer

Cb500x should be interesting, probably not better than a versys

But 80k cheaper and presumably a lot more fuel efficient

Will have to Sit on one to see how it feels first but if they can do 170km

That's plenty for Thailand use

And there is the only problem for me... Sitting on it... With a reported seat height of 810mm vs the versys's 845mm... Hmm I need every inch I can get, I am an ugly fat bastard with legs that could circle big fat bastard if I was inclined for that ( but I am not)!!!

This Honda cb500x would make the small stable but it comes down to the feel when you are on it...

Currently, looking at the important numbers, the z1000 is the best bike for me... April, come faster!!!

Just (maybe) a dumb question. Assuming the bikes are modded to go faster than 199 km/h how often are they going to be going that fast and how much are you going to watch the speedo at that speed on the roads in LOS?

Dave, it is all about having options in life not about the frequency of being at 200 kmh:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Just (maybe) a dumb question. Assuming the bikes are modded to go faster than 199 km/h how often are they going to be going that fast and how much are you going to watch the speedo at that speed on the roads in LOS?

Dave, it is all about having options in life not about the frequency of being at 200 kmh:D

But to be fair. If your busy staring at the speedo as it edges up to and over 200kmh... well I would suggest you would be dead pretty quickly here in Thailand possibly with ya head stuck up a Buffalo's arse. Not a nice way to go :D:blink:

sent from my Q6

But to be fair. If your busy staring at the speedo as it edges up to and over 200kmh... well I would suggest you would be dead pretty quickly here in Thailand possibly with ya head stuck up a Buffalo's arse. Not a nice way to go :D:blink:

sent from my Q6

Hahahha.

It sounds like an interesting way to die.:D

Still prefer to die this way thsn a boring heart attack in a bed:lol:

That's what gps is for ,

Anyway there is a yammy r6 and cbr 1000 2011 in classifieds today priced 170k and 150k we are being spoiled today......lol

Yeah the mods really need to take those 2 ads down, 30% of the normal price and both bikes shown are photographed outside Thailand. Hope no-one gets scammed...

Hahahha.

It sounds like an interesting way to die.biggrin.png

Still prefer to die this way thsn a boring heart attack in a bed:lol:

I guess it depends on who is in your bed causing your heart attack

as to whether or not it is a boring attack :)

Cb500x should be interesting, probably not better than a versys

But 80k cheaper and presumably a lot more fuel efficient

Will have to Sit on one to see how it feels first but if they can do 170km

That's plenty for Thailand use

And there is the only problem for me... Sitting on it... With a reported seat height of 810mm vs the versys's 845mm... Hmm I need every inch I can get, I am an ugly fat bastard with legs that could circle big fat bastard if I was inclined for that ( but I am not)!!!

This Honda cb500x would make the small stable but it comes down to the feel when you are on it...

Currently, looking at the important numbers, the z1000 is the best bike for me... April, come faster!!!

Hi snowflake, sorry about the key stuck in your face the other post - was it the 'z' key perchance ?

Have seen plenty of photos of these Hondas with Thai women and men sitting on them, with their feet flat on the floor, and their bodies looking disproportionately large sat on / next to the bikes - not a good sign for anyone of any stature, I would imagine, or is it just large models and the photography ? Has anyone tall on this forum sat on one yet - are they as small as they look ?

Happy for you :)

But i have to say, having booked the bike in advance you're bound to get it on release day, nothing efficient and fast about that.

However, getting a call and email confirmation is more than i got from Kawasaki prior to release day for the 2012 650 :D

Received a call today from honda bigwing.

After the call, they sent me an email too for confirmation!

They told me to come and pick my red cbr500 abs on 12th of December at 10.00 o clock in the morning:D

Pretty efficient and fast. Reserved my bike on 29th of Nov and receiving it on 12th Dec in 14 days!

2.5 more days man. Hard to wait!

I m a happy rider:lol:

Congrats & be sure to post some pics & impressions.

Yes pretty efficient process you had there.

Actually Honda did a good job of keeping this all pretty quiet & then

once they announced it seems they had a pretty good stock ready promptly.

Given the time the rumours started till now I mean.

That is a pretty short time frame & a pretty well kept secret in this day

of smart phones & leaked pictures.

Happy for you smile.png

But i have to say, having booked the bike in advance you're bound to get it on release day, nothing efficient and fast about that.

However, getting a call and email confirmation is more than i got from Kawasaki prior to release day for the 2012 650 biggrin.png

I'd say getting a call is totally unheard of for bikes in Thailand :D

Congrats on the new bike!

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

A call is fine but the confirmation email with perfect English was shocking and surprising for Thailand.:D

I must admit though, i scratched a lot for this bike and reserved it quickly enough to get the bike fast.

Still, bigwing customer service looks good as my first impressions at least one staff can speak and write English well enough.