Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Still no info on the release of the CB500F. I have decide to get a Kawasaki Versys instead.

Is there a reason for changing your mind brian?

Or are there some problems with 500 hondas?:lol:

Versys is a good bike though.

Edited by loserlazer

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That split fairing under windshield I tried to tighten the bolt next to it wouldnt make any difference at all, if I loose it a bit, it splits even further. I wouldnt use super glue on plastic specially black as it will immediately turn into white. Happens with some leather as well if you glue shoes leather will have white stains. Yes I will compile a paper for them to look at and fix the stuff I just need to translate it into Thai as unlike BW BKK, in CM they English end on "buy" "cash" "sing your name".

My petrol tank cap has about 1/2 inch (maybe 5mm) gap from right and none on the right, weird.

Thank you everyone.

I think a lot of people have over-sensitive senses when they buy a brand new bike. I know I usually do. Now though I just accept bikes are not meant to be pristine perfect, they are meant to be ridden.

I just took some pics of the gaps around my CBR250's faring, windscreen, gas cap and headlight.

I wedged in a few pieces of sticky adhesive foam (the ones that people put under furniture legs) to get rid of any movement or buzzing. They're wedged in but not forcing the gaps, the gaps are au naturale.

sany0010k.jpg

sany0011r.jpg

A less extreme shot of that.

sany0012u.jpg

sany0015am.jpg

sany0016j.jpg

Side farings in natural state.

sany0017y.jpg

When pushed on.

sany0020x.jpg

sany0021yk.jpg

Gas tank cover has about 7mm of gap on the near side, about 0.5mm of gap on the other side.

Bike rides perfectly at 50,000km and no real buzz now like many CBR250s are reported to have.

Personally I'd try to accept that bikes are not pristine perfect pieces of virginity, so go out and smash it through some twisties for a day and see the smile on your face when you get home. That's what it's about, not whether the pieces of plastic are perfectly aligned. Think of it this way, it has character.

• Like 2

I just took some pics of the gaps around my CBR250's faring, windscreen, gas cap and headlight.

I wedged in a few pieces of sticky adhesive foam (the ones that people put under furniture legs) to get rid of any movement or buzzing. They're wedged in but not forcing the gaps, the gaps are au naturale.

Personally I'd try to accept that bikes are not pristine perfect pieces of virginity, so go out and smash it through some twisties for a day and see the smile on your face when you get home. That's what it's about, not whether the pieces of plastic are perfectly aligned. Think of it this way, it has character.

Again I am surprised.

You know of course I agree about pristine but again

in the US Fit & Finish of Honda's is what keeps them on another level.

Pride in Workmanship is a good thing too.

The thought also crossed my mind that the heat/humidity here can be extreme but then I remembered

it is just as bad in many US States if not worse heat wise.

Of course ultimately I agree the ride is where its at, but at the same time having been on US Honda's for so many

years I am really surprised by your pictures. I use to ride my pal's R-1 & let him ride my Fireblade at times & I always

thought Yamaha did not have their fit & finish up to Honda's level. ( Although this was years ago so US Yamaha may be right up there now I don't know )

I am curious what year is your bike? Was the fit off a bit from day one, or something that happened after a few years?

Well I smashed it into the back of a toyota... but no, it was like that after about maybe 3 months I suppose. I was a bit put-out by it all at the start as bits and pieces became misaligned or whatever, now I really couldn't care less. Runs great, sounds great, is great. Misaligned farings really don't matter in the scheme of things.

One thing I would do with a new bike however is take out all the bolts one by one, lube them, then tighten them back up.

• Like 1

Still no info on the release of the CB500F. I have decide to get a Kawasaki Versys instead.

Just got tired of waiting for my new toy and doing two up on the Fireblade.

• Like 2

Just got tired of waiting for my new toy and doing two up on the Fireblade.

Sorry about Honda messing up your order on the CB. I hope you get back all you've already spend on it.

That split fairing under windshield I tried to tighten the bolt next to it wouldnt make any difference at all, if I loose it a bit, it splits even further. I wouldnt use super glue on plastic specially black as it will immediately turn into white. Happens with some leather as well if you glue shoes leather will have white stains. Yes I will compile a paper for them to look at and fix the stuff I just need to translate it into Thai as unlike BW BKK, in CM they English end on "buy" "cash" "sing your name".

My petrol tank cap has about 1/2 inch (maybe 5mm) gap from right and none on the right, weird.

Thank you everyone.

I think a lot of people have over-sensitive senses when they buy a brand new bike. I know I usually do. Now though I just accept bikes are not meant to be pristine perfect, they are meant to be ridden.

sany0010k.jpg

sany0011r.jpg

sany0012u.jpg

sany0015am.jpg

sany0016j.jpg

sany0017y.jpg

When pushed on.

sany0020x.jpg

sany0021yk.jpg

Gas tank cover has about 7mm of gap on the near side, about 0.5mm of gap on the other side.

Bike rides perfectly at 50,000km and no real buzz now like many CBR250s are reported to have.

Wow, I hope mine doesn't get that bad, but if it does, it must be possible to take the fairing off and lay a weatherstrip (available here?) along the whole bottom, isn't it?

I'm sure that would be no problem at all if one was so inclined.

Interesting to see that Honda ditched the multi-layered faring style on the CBR500 and limited it to only 3 pieces (?) for the front and sides.

I'm sure the next gen of the 250 in a year or two will have similar.

Edited by cbrer

Thank you everyone.

sany0010k.jpg

sany0011r.jpg

sany0012u.jpg

sany0015am.jpg

sany0016j.jpg

sany0017y.jpg

When pushed on.

sany0020x.jpg

sany0021yk.jpg

Wow, I hope mine doesn't get that bad, but if it does, it must be possible to take the fairing off and lay a weatherstrip (available here?) along the whole bottom, isn't it?

There's a big difference in a bike that's been crashed into the back of a Toyota having misaligned fairings and another on a brand new bike just a few days old from the factory....

I would make them fix it or take a refund if they wont/cant

There's a big difference in a bike that's been crashed into the back of a Toyota having misaligned fairings and another on a brand new bike just a few days old from the factory....

Sorry, that was a bit of a joke.

Nothing you see in the pics has been damaged in any way.

It takes a while for the farings to sit together, I think it took about 3-6 months for mine to find their natural state.

Gravity, heat, vibrations, riding forces will all play a part in your farings finding their natural seat. Unless each and every piece is specifically bolted onto the frame in a number of places. The 500 has far, far less faring pieces that will sit against each other compared to the 250, so wouldn't be a major worry if one worries about such things.

And btw, no need for people to quote the large number of large pics.

Edited by cbrer

It takes a while for the farings to sit together, I think it took about 3-6 months for mine to find their natural state.

Gravity, heat, vibrations, riding forces will all play a part in your farings finding their natural seat. Unless each and every piece is specifically bolted onto the frame in a number of places. The 500 has far, far less faring pieces that will sit against each other compared to the 250, so wouldn't be a major worry if one worries about such things.

And btw, no need for people to quote the large number of large pics.

thats unlucky beacuse from our 3 cbr 250's none of them have any signs of fairings not being assembled properly or loose fitment

one of them has a misaligned rear indicator but thats simply because it got broken off somehow and honda said 900thb for a

new one and it would take about a week to order it so i said no thx and went across the road and the somachai shop fixed it in 10 minutes with a screwdriver and some

superglue .........for 30 thb biggrin.png

Well yankee, i m using hondas for more than two decades and i do not have any problems regarding fairings. I am not sure about the others how come others fairings come off.

So i dont see any reason why honda needs to stand behind their fairings. If people crash their bikes, what can honda do.

Besides honda always stand behind what they manufacture in my life.

But thai made hondas stand behind japanese made ones for sure.

Edited by loserlazer

So i dont see any reason why honda needs to stand behind their fairings. If people crash their bikes, what can honda do.

*ahem*

I certainly don't care about 12 different pieces of plastic becoming misaligned over time. Doesn't affect the bike in any way.

Perhaps you lot want to pose too much. biggrin.png

Don't forget the Wax finish after washing so it doesn't look used. biggrin.png

Edited by cbrer

*ahem*

No big deal, I certainly don't care about 12 different pieces of plastic becoming misaligned over time. Doesn't affect the bike in any way.

Perhaps you lot want to pose too much. biggrin.png

Man, i am not talking about you regarding accidents but do not ride a bike with damaged and misalinged fairings too. Just pay and let them fix it. If this is posing, yes i am a poser then.

And yeah, i let them wax my bike after wash too. So what.:D

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

I noticed front end shatter for a couple of days on my bike. As two times needed to brake hard and heard it. A fork stabilizer is a must like my cbr250 as it kills the shatter right away.

Besides, mirrors started to shake a bit while in neutral.

Chatter......

sent from my Q6

• Like 1

Holy shizzle, I filled up with Shell V-Max and cannot believe the difference!

Is that Shell V- Power Nitro + Gasohol 95

Your talking about ?

Shoot, good question, I wish I had gotten a receipt, but I think you are correct because I asked and they said it was gasohol. I'll stop to confirm because, whatever it is, it's good!

I went back and checked and yes, it's Shell V-Power Nitro + Gasohol 95. I just call it "awesome," and the only thing that will be going in my tank! Still cannot believe the difference and looking forward to the km/l check.

• Like 1

So this new Honda is only running well with special fuel and its forbiden to use pure benzine. Some bikes have problems with plastics, misaligned petrol tank caps and are making weird sounds. And all this in the first few weeks. And of course the next service center is far far away for most peoples/customers in Thailand. This all sounds not good. Sounds like Honda BW is running a very cheap business. Someone already mentioned that maybe the Honda boss is a chinese and that Honda is using the customers in Thailand as paying test riders to sort out problems before selling the bike on the world market. Unbelievable!

Just kidding. Have fun. And not worry too much about tank caps, sounds and what others say biggrin.png

Must just be specifically the CBR500, because i noticed no difference between V-power and the other 'cheaper' 95 gasohol fuels with my bike.

Benzine 95 on the other hand was a different story :)

Sorry for the confusion guys, mine is a new CBR250 with no problems, it ran fine with Caltex 95 gasohol and benzine, and PTT 95 gasohol, but running great with Shell 95 V-Nitro +gasohol, so I suggest the OP try it too!

So this new Honda is only running well with special fuel and its forbiden to use pure benzine. Some bikes have problems with plastics, misaligned petrol tank caps and are making weird sounds. And all this in the first few weeks. And of course the next service center is far far away for most peoples/customers in Thailand. This all sounds not good. Sounds like Honda BW is running a very cheap business. Someone already mentioned that maybe the Honda boss is a chinese and that Honda is using the customers in Thailand as paying test riders to sort out problems before selling the bike on the world market. Unbelievable!

Just kidding. Have fun. And not worry too much about tank caps, sounds and what others say biggrin.png

It is not the bike creating problems wantan. It is the people. I think you generalize things too much. I have an opposite experience on what you wrote.

Service is close to me. No strange noises from engine. No problem with the fairings. My petrol cap is fine. And i am having a nice time.

Regarding being a test rider, i can happily do that:D

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

It is not the bike creating problems wantan. It is the people. I think you generalize things too much. I have an opposite experience on what you wrote.

Service is close to me. No strange noises from engine. No problem with the fairings. My petrol cap is fine. And i am having a nice time.

OK, i exaggerated. the problems aren't that big. As i said, i was just kidding. But why do you need a fork stabilizer to kill the shatter chatter? Hope its still safe to ride without?

wink.png

OK, i exaggerated. the problems aren't that big. As i said, i was just kidding. But why do you need a fork stabilizer to kill the shatter chatter? Hope its still safe to ride without?

wink.png

Did I miss something? Whats wrong with the front fork? Why would you need a fork stabilizer?

Most bikes already have them under the front huger.

I am lucky as in the usa we have been running 10% ethanol as long as i can remember. I have used it in all my thai bikes 7 bikes in total. Never had a issue.

the only issue ive noticed with E10 gasohol is its hard to start a bike (carb bikes only ) if you leave gasohol in it for awhile (like a couple of weeks ) without riding ,pure benzine usually fires right up even after sitting for a month or 2.......

ive never tried stronger blends like E20 gasohol or E85 even though some of my modern bikes are "allowed " to run on it according to the owners manual

i dont see the point in risking harsh fuels like e20 because if the manual says it can run e20 then likely they have only tested it for the warranty period

If it is slowly degrading the rubber parts of your fuel system and the damage doesnt show up until after 36,000km or 24,000 km etc you may have to replace stuff yourself that may have lasted years longer if you just stick with benzine or at least E10 if there is no benzine on tap

as to milage ,i think gasohol 91 gives the worst fuel consumption per tankful

every other fuel seems to last a bit longer between fill ups but i have never bothered to calculate

exactly how many kmpl i get on various fuels so these are my thoughts only

when i get time i will install that phone app that keeps track of fuel consumption to see if my thoughts are correct